Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest CMF 3 NEW IDEA - VOTE IN THE NEW POLL

NEW GAME - NEW RULES  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you think you would play in a new game in which we declare series 1 winner, series 2, and so on?

2. 2. Do you think this new formula would refresh the game and add new voters?

• Yes!
    • No, the first game was exciting but this would be boring. 4
    • This may get more people voting than Game 2, but not as many as Game 1.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/18 at 12:03 AM

Hello everybody.

I may use this idea to refresh the game: do you want a game in which every minifigure faces only the one from its own series (excluding ELF and SCARECROW which would obviously win 3 and 11) and then doing a final mashup for the new winner?

This could speed up both this and any future game.

Please vote in the poll.

HELLO everybody!

These are the 80 minifigures for the new game starting FEBRUARY 10th if there will be enough partecipants.

33045zd.jpg

Please vote in this poll to help me decide.

Thanks!

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

For licensed series, I don't really see the point of doing it each time a new series is released. The licensed ones are nearly always knocked out in the initial rounds. Although if you remove the winner each time (or maybe all 8 quarter finalists), eventually a licensed figure will probably make it to the final.

Looking at those 80, the king and queen, the rogue, the frightening knight, Lady Liberty, actor and Shakespeare, Hazmat, retro spaceman, faun, a Roman, Spartan, etc are all likely to get close to the end, depending on the random draw.

Maybe a best of the (Lego) Movies game would be better with the introduction of Batman S2, involving TLM, TLNM, TLBM S1, TLBM S2, and possibly Disney if not just Lego movies. At least that way, the new ones stand a chance and it is not a repeat of the previous game minus the winner.

1 minute ago, MAB said:

For licensed series, I don't really see the point of doing it each time a new series is released. The licensed ones are nearly always knocked out in the initial rounds. Although if you remove the winner each time (or maybe all 8 quarter finalists), eventually a licensed figure will probably make it to the final.

Looking at those 80, the king and queen, the rogue, the frightening knight, Lady Liberty, actor and Shakespeare, Hazmat, retro spaceman, faun, a Roman, Spartan, etc are all likely to get close to the end, depending on the random draw.

Maybe a best of the (Lego) Movies game would be better with the introduction of Batman S2, involving TLM, TLNM, TLBM S1, TLBM S2, and possibly Disney if not just Lego movies. At least that way, the new ones stand a chance and it is not a repeat of the previous game minus the winner.

My secret plan would be to get to 16 winners and do a supermassive game but I don't know if I will be able.

Maybe a best of each series, followed by a grand final, would work.

If you do 16 large games, I think it will get too stale and voting numbers drop like this time, and the 16 final finalists are likely to keep re-appearing as near winners in the 16 games.

Alternatives to random drawing with head-to-head battles might also work too and become less the same thing each time.

1) Instead of a football cup-style knockout competition, do a league. If there are 26 best of series winners, then it will need 25 rounds each consisting of 13 head-to-heads. If you can do one per day, then the finals will take about a month.

2) Or give all voters 100 "points", and they have to split those 100 points however they like across all the minifigs (with say a maximum of 20 to any one figure). The figure with the most points wins.

3) Or each person gets to choose 5 top figures (5 points for their best, 4 for second, 3 for third, etc) and the most points wins (Eurovision song contest style).

Honestly, I would wait.

We just finished the second game and Series 18 is around the corner (April 1st). 

59 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Honestly, I would wait.

We just finished the second game and Series 18 is around the corner (April 1st). 

Yes this is what is was going to say 

I may probably change the first round to match one of MAB's solutions, to see if a new kind of the game is more appealing.
Perhaps I'll give people the chance to give 5 to 1 points to sets of minifigures so that a different formula may result more interesting.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Not much love :D

Well I love this game .

I can't vote because the options for the third question are too extreme. I need something in the middle of that

On 26/1/2018 at 5:25 AM, Robert8 said:

I can't vote because the options for the third question are too extreme. I need something in the middle of that

I think you may vote the rest. On the other hand, on 17 players only, 18 including me, I think it's not worth to start a game.

On 27/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I think you may vote the rest. On the other hand, on 17 players only, 18 including me, I think it's not worth to start a game.

What if we try with a different game? What about "I'm a Survivor" to choose the best minifigure in each series?

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What if we try with a different game? What about "I'm a Survivor" to choose the best minifigure in each series?

I like the sound of that (especially cause my all-time favorite fig isn't even in the running this time around).

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's not a bad idea, as it certainly would be a much faster and easier game to set up.

This is something that I was going to suggest but then you said that you would not do a third game but I do think it should be interesting 

I also suggest ( if possible ) to give voters three votes 1. For their favorite 2.for their second favorite 3. For their least favorite that way we could essentially be doing 3 games at once.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:06 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hello, I am thinking a new formula to refresh the game.
Please tell me your opinion in the poll.

I think it could work, as it would also serve as a conversation starter for retrospective discussions on each series with their high and low points. Plus, it may more effectively show which genre may be the most popular amongst CMSs, given how frequently a certain genre may or may not win in the total course of the game.

@Itaria No Shintaku Have you entirely scrapped the idea of another best Lego CMF minifigure game and that's why you decided to do the best CMF series game instead? Or might there be another best minifigure game coming in the close future...?

9 hours ago, JJBricker said:

@Itaria No Shintaku Have you entirely scrapped the idea of another best Lego CMF minifigure game and that's why you decided to do the best CMF series game instead? Or might there be another best minifigure game coming in the close future...?

I think that if I would get as much players as the best times (50+ players) that would be fun.
In the "best series" game I am having just 15 16 players per round, I'll get to the finals however to end it, but these games aren't involving many people as before.
Perhaps if @WhiteFang or another mod think that they deserve a little advertising on the fourm, maybe we would collect more players.

I am in favour of having this game available. After all, it was very receptive previously. Can you let me know how you want to approach it. We can discuss in PM if need be. 

I doubt much has really changed since the first game. We've had a lot of licensed series, which tend to get downvoted, plus S18 which was themed. The only new thing is S19 and they are still very new.

4 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

I am in favour of having this game available. After all, it was very receptive previously. Can you let me know how you want to approach it. We can discuss in PM if need be. 

If I am worth, it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, JJBricker said:

@Itaria No Shintaku How about doing a greatest CMF minifigure game with @Robert8's CMF ideas?

We should ask him more than me.