Sign in to follow this  
Sim Sim

LEGO Metro train with slide doors

Hi Sim Sim, welcome to Eurobricks. It is fine to promote your ideas including "LEGO ideas" at Eurobricks but we would hope you did not join to promote your LEGO idea. Apart from that you can read in the other topics that getting a train like structure approved in LEGO ideas is virtually impossible. We have seen very, very nice LEGO ideas trains / trams / metros / monorails, but none made it past 10.000.

This should of course not discourage you and your son: it is a neat idea and even if LEGO ideas does not get approved you can enjoy sharing and getting even better ideas. Why don't you give a full expose of all the details in here? We can think along and give tips etc as fellow train lovers to you and your son!

I like to coloring. Of course a lot of us would like to see the sliding door mechanism. I did one myself in a Union Pacific mail car for the "mail catcher".

On 16 January 2018 at 11:49 PM, JopieK said:

..... but node made it past 10.000.

Congrats to node!! First train related theme to make it past 10,000 :laugh::laugh:

(sorry...couldn't help myself)

Its a simple thing, but I like the grey 1x8 vertical tiles which mark the first and last car.

Edited by gotoAndLego

18 hours ago, Luke_likes_Lego said:

Congrats to node!! First train related theme to make it past 10,000 :laugh::laugh:

(sorry...couldn't help myself)

Haha ;) Thanks for the pun.