Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

Revell 1:2270 Venator Model

Not sure if this should go here or in Community, please move it if I picked incorrectly. Anyways, I recently finished up building and painting a Venator model my dad bought me for Christmas, and thought you guys might appreciate it. Can't say I enjoyed building it as much as Lego, though I think it turned out well and is far more detailed (and cheaper!) than a Lego set of similar size.

Revell 1:2270 Venator Class Republic Attack CruiserRevell 1:2270 Venator Class Republic Attack CruiserRevell 1:2270 Venator Class Republic Attack CruiserRevell 1:2270 Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Pretty neat model, looks pretty detailed for the size. How big is it btw? :classic:

Though I gotta say your painting skills are rather sloppy... I used to be heavely into Warhammer 40K, so just some paint tips for the next time;
give it a light primer basecoat spray first, then continue on with dry-brushing colors, after that apply highlights and maybe some washes if needed. :wink:

7 hours ago, -zenn said:

Though I gotta say your painting skills are rather sloppy... I used to be heavely into Warhammer 40K, so just some paint tips for the next time;

give it a light primer basecoat spray first, then continue on with dry-brushing colors, after that apply highlights and maybe some washes if needed. :wink:

Yeah, I washed the plastic and painted two acrylic coats by hand. No airbrushes or primer coats here! I think it turned out alright for doing it by hand but I'll definitely look at some different painting techniques if I do anymore after this. 

Looks cool. Around where I live we only have the Bandai kits. Would love to try this brand though. Sadly, it is hard to get a hold off here. 

With Bandai though you can army build quite a few troopers and they're great fun to put together. Plus you can customize models which is great fun. 

24906783458_026b0d81e4_z.jpgPC023538 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

38374036481_127d67f73b_z.jpgPB123569 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, Forresto said:

I too would love to know how large it is.

Whoops- forgot about this thread. :blush: Here you go, clone trooper for scale:

39097624124_ca76e92eb8_c.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, Japanbuilder said:

With Bandai though you can army build quite a few troopers and they're great fun to put together. Plus you can customize models which is great fun. 

-snip-

Very cool! I've put together the AT-ST snap kit from Bandai, very impressed with that one even though I didn't paint it. I should really go back and do that some day.