LEGODalekbuster523

LEGO DC Villains (Videogame)

I think a trailer is a good guess. Most likely a teaser trailer ala Incredibles 2's announcement. I'm guessing this game could perhaps give us an idea as to where LEGO Marvel Superheroes will go after its inevitable third entry.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 3 - LEGO Marvel Supervillains? 

On 5/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think a trailer is a good guess. Most likely a teaser trailer ala Incredibles 2's announcement. I'm guessing this game could perhaps give us an idea as to where LEGO Marvel Superheroes will go after its inevitable third entry.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 3 - LEGO Marvel Supervillains? 

I doubt they'll go a Marvel villains route, since the DC and Marvel games legitimately feel distinct the way they handle them. My guess is more of a "traditional" sequel to Marvel & 2, where it's a mix of heroes in a semi-comicy semi-MCU feel. 

Now that being said, I could see something changing if the villains game sells like hotcakes. It'll be interesting to see how a family-friendly game based around bad guys is received; I'll preorder it right away for myself, but I have no idea how some strict mother might respond to the concept, for example.

19 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I doubt they'll go a Marvel villains route, since the DC and Marvel games legitimately feel distinct the way they handle them. My guess is more of a "traditional" sequel to Marvel & 2, where it's a mix of heroes in a semi-comicy semi-MCU feel. 

They'll definitely go for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 3 first, but they went for LEGO Batman 3 first before LEGO DC Villains too. Marvel have a few iconic villains who they could promote for a LEGO villains game.

Typical TT trailer, all prerendered video, no gameplay. I really wish it used TLBM designs, but that's in it's own universe. Also there's a seemingly odd focus on the character customizer.

So the list of characters revealed so far:

Heroes:
Wonder Woman

Justice League rogues:
Darkseid,
Crime Syndicate (Ultraman, Owlman, Superwoman, Power Ring, Johnny Quick, and Sea King)

Superman rogues:
Lex Luthor,
Mercy Graves,
Livewire

Batman rogues:
Joker,
Catwoman,
Riddler,
Scarecrow,
Poison Ivy,
Harley Quinn

Wonder Woman rogues:
None

Flash rogues:
Reverse-Flash,
Gorilla Grodd

Green Lantern rogues:
None

Teen Titans rogues:
Deathstroke

With the Crime Syndicate being shown off, I wonder if my Forever Evil prediction will hold true. Seems possible. I love how Grodd's in his Injustice 2 armor, and I definitely like the new looks for Deathstroke and Riddler. Can't wait to see more!

Addition: Also, I wonder; with the emphasis on the character creator in the trailer if our custom characters will somehow have more bearing on the plot.

Edited by PepperoniBricks

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

With the Crime Syndicate being shown off, I wonder if my Forever Evil prediction will hold true. Seems possible. I love how Grodd's in his Injustice 2 armor, and I definitely like the new looks for Deathstroke and Riddler. Can't wait to see more!

Addition: Also, I wonder; with the emphasis on the character creator in the trailer if our custom characters will somehow have more bearing on the plot.

Yep, according to the official description, the Crime Syndicate will dispose of the Justice League (probably in a prologue level knowing these games), letting the supervillains take over the city. They seem to be the main antagonists in the game and it will revolve around Lex, Joker and co. teaming up to defeat them

https://chaos-is-coming.wbgames.com

I wonder if you get to play as your custom character, that's what it's leading me to think.

I suspect the new Gordon and joker will be figs.

The Justice League has disappeared, leaving Earth’s protection to their counterparts from a parallel universe, the “Justice Syndicate”, a new, strange group of wannabe superheroes with unclear intentions. Whether it’s Graffiti Spraying walls in Metropolis or using Fear Toxins to scare characters in Gotham City, super-villains have full reign to use any trick in their arsenal to stop the Justice Syndicate’s evil scheme.

Edited by Agent Kallus

So, we know Metropolis and Gotham are in-game, probably as the open world cities. Wonder if they're one map BvS style?

18 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

So, we know Metropolis and Gotham are in-game, probably as the open world cities. Wonder if they're one map BvS style?

Judging by the Wonder Woman image, I imagine that the bridge in the bottom right corner links the two cities. I could see them including Atlantis below the water and maybe seperate hub worlds like Paradise Island,  Apokalips, Central City (with The Flash Museum) and Coast City (with Ferris Air) like in Lego Avengers, where the different locations were kept separate

I'm shocked to see they are not reusing the Batman Movie versions here

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm shocked to see they are not reusing the Batman Movie versions here

I bet some will be in-game and some will be in a character pack. I'd wager at least Clock King and Polka-Dot Man will be in-game.

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Judging by the Wonder Woman image, I imagine that the bridge in the bottom right corner links the two cities. I could see them including Atlantis below the water and maybe seperate hub worlds like Paradise Island,  Apokalips, Central City (with The Flash Museum) and Coast City (with Ferris Air) like in Lego Avengers, where the different locations were kept separate

I certainly hope we get that many. Unlikely, but I'd like a Smallville playable area in one of these games too.

I don't know about the conference, but a new video showed up earlier.

New characters include the Female Furies, Granny Goodness, Darkseid, and Dex-Starr.

I wonder if we'll see the design for the very first female bigfig with Stompa? Although I imagine she'll just get a standard minifig body since she's usually not drawn as massive as the Hulk or Darkseid, but it would be cool to see a female bigfig at some point.

8 hours ago, Hythonia said:

I don't know about the conference, but a new video showed up earlier.

New characters include the Female Furies, Granny Goodness, Darkseid, and Dex-Starr.

I wonder if we'll see the design for the very first female bigfig with Stompa? Although I imagine she'll just get a standard minifig body since she's usually not drawn as massive as the Hulk or Darkseid, but it would be cool to see a female bigfig at some point.

Who is the guy with the dark green body and a pink/purple face?

10 hours ago, Hythonia said:

I wonder if we'll see the design for the very first female bigfig with Stompa?

If you're willing to exit the realm of superheroes, technically Dogshank from Ninjago was the first female bigfig.

Weird he forgot Dex-Starr was in the last game, but exciting to have back. Looks like our predictions on the custom villain being part of the story are correct, which is exciting. Can't wait to see the Apokolips characters either, since the New Gods are just so cool. Now I just want to see some actual gameplay!

19 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

GUYS JOKER IS MARK HAMILL AGAIN!!!

Yep! All respect to the previous guy but his Joker was just too grating for me (not as grating as Tara Strong's Harley but that's another story). I heard we'll also have Conroy as Batman and Eissenberg as Wonder Woman, this is looking like the best Lego DC game of the bunch!

Some cool fig designs too- Big-Fig Clayface, Grundy, Metallo. What I'd give for any of those

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Yep! All respect to the previous guy but his Joker was just too grating for me (not as grating as Tara Strong's Harley but that's another story). I heard we'll also have Conroy as Batman and Eissenberg as Wonder Woman, this is looking like the best Lego DC game of the bunch!

Some cool fig designs too- Big-Fig Clayface, Grundy, Metallo. What I'd give for any of those

Where can I find a pic of Clayface?

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Where can I find a pic of Clayface?

Good pics and info here. They mention Smallville as a playable area, which is something else I was wanted previously on this forum. This game is seriously trying to win me over now. Joke's on this game, I preordered the deluxe edition after the cinematic trailer dropped.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/more-lego-dc-super-villains-details-revealed-at-e3/

And here, we have the current revealed characters. In order: The Custom Villain (who will have a role in the story), Clayface (minifigure form similar to LB 1 and 2, hopefully with a bigfig as well), Cheetah, Darkseid, Deadshot (first revealed here), Grodd, Harley Quinn, Joker, Killer Frost, Lex Luthor, Livewire, Reverse Flash, and Solomon Grundy.

Screenshot-2018-06-13-10.33.32.png

Not shown here are the Justice League, with Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Flash in their new Rebirth attire we've seen in minifigure, Superman in an unreleased look, Aquaman and Green Lantern (who appear to be the same as before, but it was fast so I could be wrong), Mercy Graves, someone that looks like Metallo maybe, some random goons, and a really odd-looking gal that I also assume is the custom villain.

Edited by PepperoniBricks

Oh, that voice cast! Mark Hamill was already a gift, but that is absolutely JLU's own Michael Rosenbaum as Flash! I can't wait to see what other actors are returning to their roles! 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, The Pearson said:

Who is the guy with the dark green body and a pink/purple face?

I had to check on that, too, but it's actually Metallo! That's a design pulled straight from the Rebirth comics, something we're seeing a lot of with this game. Even Clayface, while seemingly just a recycled design from the original Lego Batman game so far, looks a lot more like his Rebirth counterpart than most other recent redesigns. The only big difference I can see from here is that he's much smaller, but he might just have a bigfig transformation, and maybe a few others like Jake did in Lego Dimensions.

If that's the final board (which it usually is) it also looks like we'll be getting 175 characters total (164 if those lighter spots at the end are for custom characters). Including the player character, we know of 29 of them, so that leaves a presumed maximum of 146 to-be-revealed characters, and a minimum of 135. What are the odds we get all of them revealed before launch?