LEGODalekbuster523

LEGO DC Villains (Videogame)

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

Any word on the free roam area?

Nothing new, but we do know that Gotham and Metropolis will both be part of the open world, as well as Smallville, presumably to a much lesser degree. 

9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Nothing new, but we do know that Gotham and Metropolis will both be part of the open world, as well as Smallville, presumably to a much lesser degree. 

The free roam was pretty awesome in Batman 2

I really hope the free roam is more akin to Batman 2 than Batman 3...

I hate it when TT games either smashes locations together (in a horribly ugly waste of space) or gives us these dinky planets with literally nothing happening. Half those Lantern planets were basically empty rocks. Honestly I would be fine with just Gotham and Metropolis if they were full worlds. 

Granted, juding from the trailers, it looks like we are getting tiny smashed locations. :sadnew:

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I hate it when TT games either smashes locations together (in a horribly ugly waste of space) or gives us these dinky planets with literally nothing happening. Half those Lantern planets were basically empty rocks. Honestly I would be fine with just Gotham and Metropolis if they were full worlds. 

Granted, juding from the trailers, it looks like we are getting tiny smashed locations. :sadnew:

I was a bit disappointed with those lantern worlds, I hated how small they were, navigation was weird.

On 9/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, Captain Nemo said:

I'm guessing we're gonna see something like Avengers, where Gotham and Metropolis are just two halves of New York, while places like Smallville are smaller, separate areas akin to Washington DC or Asgard. That also sounds like the best way to manage a wide variety of iconic locations while still maintaining a satisfying, explorable overworld. 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:51 PM, J4ck said:

I was a bit disappointed with those lantern worlds, I hated how small they were, navigation was weird.

I agree. The camera was pulled too far back, and having full spheres just made it harder to locate anything.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:37 AM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm guessing we're gonna see something like Avengers, where Gotham and Metropolis are just two halves of New York, while places like Smallville are smaller, separate areas akin to Washington DC or Asgard. That also sounds like the best way to manage a wide variety of iconic locations while still maintaining a satisfying, explorable overworld. 

I'm pretty sure it'll be like this. The only other thing I can think of is if Gotham and Metropolis are the only free-roam locations, with everywhere else we have seen or heard about (Gorilla City, Smallville, what appears to be Themyscira in Harley Quinn's short promo vid on twitter) being limited to just levels. I doubt it, though, since it sounds like Apokolips is going to be available partway through the story to explore, based on what the developers said during gameplay videos.

I'm pretty shocked, and a little impressed, with how much restraint TT has shown in revealing the details of this game. LB3 had basically given away the entire base-game roster on Twitter by this point in the marketing cycle, leaving nothing as a surprise. They have actually left most of this under wraps right now, which means I can't just go and spoil it for myself by watching fervently, as I have the worst tendency to do.

:cry_sad:

Me don't like that roster. There are some really cool additions...and utterly baffling omissions. No Mad Hatter. No Man-Bat. No Killer Moth?!  That doesn't even make any sense--there's a physical version of him and the Scarecrow in this game is the version from the same set! Why would you just leave him out? Those three have been in every game since its inception! 

I used to think that the TT games would essentially be required to include the latest (applicable) characters who could be found physically in the brick--because kids (or myself :grin:) who own them would expect to be able to play as them in the game. It would also explain why there's just boring lackluster physical figure designs (such as Penguin and Killer Croc) oddly included next to highly detailed in-game-only characters. But what the hell! This makes no sense--obviously they must be picking names out of a hat at random. 

For a villain game, there are way, too many heroes taking up the roster for my taste. I know the Flash is popular--but we need him to take up three different character slots? Multiple robins? Multiple Wonder Women? 

Uh! That and no Catman. I'm just really disappointed! :sadnew:

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

:cry_sad:

Me don't like that roster. There are some really cool additions...and utterly baffling omissions. No Mad Hatter. No Man-Bat. No Killer Moth?!  That doesn't even make any sense--there's a physical version of him and the Scarecrow in this game is the version from the same set! Why would you just leave him out? Those three have been in every game since its inception! 

I used to think that the TT games would essentially be required to include the latest (applicable) characters who could be found physically in the brick--because kids (or myself :grin:) who own them would expect to be able to play as them in the game. It would also explain why there's just boring lackluster physical figure designs (such as Penguin and Killer Croc) oddly included next to highly detailed in-game-only characters. But what the hell! This makes no sense--obviously they must be picking names out of a hat at random. 

For a villain game, there are way, too many heroes taking up the roster for my taste. I know the Flash is popular--but we need him to take up three different character slots? Multiple robins? Multiple Wonder Women? 

Uh! That and no Catman. I'm just really disappointed! :sadnew:

Misfits/C-Lister DLC perhaps? That way you could include Catman, Chancer, Killer Moth, and any other forgotten villain. You could even make it a level pack!

Alas, it's not meant to be...

Edit- Or better yet, how about a Secret Six pack?

Edited by Duncan Young

8 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

That would be an option...

If the DLC packs had not already been named. :shrug_confused:

Curses!

I'm surprised there isn't a LBM pack. That would certainly fill out some of the missing characters

(Because this has to happen at some point)

ROW ONE

Custom Character, Adam Strange, ??????????, Aqualad, Aquaman, Ares, Arsenal, Atom, Atomica, Atrocitus, B’Dg, Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Big Barda, Bizarro, Black Adam, Black Canary, Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Brainiac

ROW TWO

Brother Blood?, Calendar Man, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Catwoman, ??????????, Cheetah, Cheshire, Clayface, Clock King, Commissioner Gordon, Condiment King, Copperhead, ??????????, Creeper, Cyborg, Darkseid, Deadshot, Deathstorm, Deathstroke, Desaad, Detective Chimp, Dex-Starr, Doctor Fate

ROW THREE

Doctor Light, Doctor Poison, Donna Troy, Doomsday, ??????????, Enchantress, Eradicator, ??????????, Firefly, Firestorm, Flash (Barry Allen), Flash (Wally West), Frankenstein, General Zod, Gentleman Ghost, Gizmo, Golden Glider, Gorilla Grodd, Grail, Granny Goodness, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Grid

ROW FOUR

Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Heat Wave, Hugo Strange, Huntress, Jessica Cruz, Jinx, Johnny Quick, Joker, Kalibak, Kanto, Katana, Kid Flash, Killer Croc, Killer Frost, King Shark, Kite Man, Klarion (w/ Teekl), Krypto, ??????????, Lashina, Lex Luthor, Livewire

ROW FIVE

Lobo, Lois Lane, Mad Harriet, Malcolm Merlyn, Mammoth, ??????????, Martian Manhunter, Mazahs, Mercy Graves, Metallo,  ??????????, Mirror Master, Mongul, Monsieur Malla, Mr. Freeze, Mxyzptlk, Music Meister, Nightwing, OMAC, Orion, Owlman, Parasite, Penguin, Plastic Man

ROW SIX

Poison Ivy, Polka-Dot Man, Power Ring, ??????????, Psycho Pirate, Ra’s al Ghul, Ravager, Raven, Red Hood, Red Robin, Red Tornado, Reverse Flash, Riddler, Robin, Scarecrow, Sea King, Shade, Shazam, Silver Banshee, Simon Baz, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Solovar, Starfire

ROW SEVEN

Star Sapphire, Steppenwolf, ??????????, Superboy, Superman, Superwoman, Talon, Terra, Trickster, Trigon, Toy Man, Two-Face, Ultra Humanite, Ultraman, Ventriloquist, ??????????, Vixen, Wonder Girl, Wonder Woman, Custom Characters ———>

Edited by The Pearson

On 9/23/2018 at 4:00 PM, The Pearson said:

ROW ONE

Custom Character, Adam Strange, Anti-Monitor, Aqualad, Aquaman, Ares, Arsenal, Atom, Atomica, Atrocitus, B’Dg, Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Big Barda, Bizarro, Black Adam, Black Canary, Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Brainiac

ROW TWO

Bronze Tiger, Calendar Man, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Catwoman, Chang Tzu, Cheetah, Cheshire, Clayface, Clock King, Commissioner Gordon, Condiment King, Copperhead, Count Vertigo, Creeper, Cyborg, Darkseid, Deadshot, Deathstorm, Deathstroke, Desaad, Detective Chimp, Dex-Starr, Doctor Fate

ROW THREE

Doctor Light, Doctor Poison, Donna Troy, Doomsday, Eclipso, Enchantress, Eradicator, Felix Faust, Firefly, Firestorm, Flash (Barry Allen), Flash (Wally West), Frankenstein, General Zod, Gentleman Ghost, Gizmo, Golden Glider, Gorilla Grodd, Grail, Granny Goodness, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Grid

ROW FOUR

Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Heat Wave, Hugo Strange, Huntress, Jessica Cruz, Jinx, Johnny Quick, Joker, Kalibak, Kanto, Katana, Kid Flash, Killer Croc, Killer Frost, King Shark, Kite Man, Klarion (w/ Teekl), Krypto, Lady Shiva, Lashina, Lex Luthor, Livewire

ROW FIVE

Lobo, Lois Lane, Mad Harriet, Malcolm Merlyn, Mammoth, Mantis, Martian Manhunter, Mazahs, Mercy Graves, Metallo, Mirror Master, Mister Miracle, Mongul, Monsieur Mallah, Mr. Freeze, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Music Meister, Nightwing, OMAC, Orion, Owlman, Parasite, Penguin, Plastic Man

ROW SIX

Poison Ivy, Polka-Dot Man, Power Ring, Psimon, Psycho Pirate, Ra’s al Ghul, Ravager, Raven, Red Hood, Red Robin, Red Tornado, Reverse Flash, Riddler, Robin, Scarecrow, Sea King, Shade, Shazam, Silver Banshee, Simon Baz, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Solovar, Starfire

ROW SEVEN

Star Sapphire, Steppenwolf, Stompa, Superboy, Superman, Superwoman, Talon, Terra, Trickster, Trigon, Toy Man, Two-Face, Ultra-Humanite, Ultraman, Ventriloquist, Virman Vundabar, Vixen, Wonder Girl, Wonder Woman, Custom Characters ———>

Here's the blanks I can fill, and thanks for filling a few of mine! Also some super-pedantic spelling mistakes because I couldn't help myself  :grin:

For the sake of math, I'm also gonna catalog how many heroes we're getting here:
Adam Strange, Aqualad, Aquaman, Arsenal, Atom, B'Dg, Batgirl, Batman, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Big Barda, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Creeper, Cyborg, Detective Chimp, Doctor Fate, Donna Troy, Firestorm, Flash, Flash (Wally West), Frankenstein, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Huntress, Jessica Cruz, Katana, Kid Flash, Krypto, Martian Manhunter, Mazahs, Mister Miracle, Nightwing, Orion, Plastic Man, Raven, Red Hood, Red Robin, Red Tornado, Robin, Shazam, Simon Baz, Starfire, Superboy, Superman, Vixen, Wonder Girl, and Wonder Woman

TOTAL: 52/162

I could've counted that wrong, but given that number and DC...it's probably right :grin: Is that about on par with the number of villains we got in LB3?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd
Figured out the last two characters!!

I'm totally ignoring as much of the roster as I can so as not to spoil it for myself.

Watching the video from the livestream does reveal that it's a proper open world. The cities are placed next to each other, presumably for the sake of gameplay convenience; some of the areas were "mountained off" from each other, so it's implied there's still some geographical distance in-universe. The cities definitely look good. Gotham especially shows how far along TT has come since LB2, as it looks like it has more detail, and frankly feels more like a real heavily-urban city than before.

Gotham was made up of the main city, Amusement Mile, Wayne Manor, and a side area I believe was Stryker's Island, with Metropolis above, Smallville further connecting off of there, and the Hall of Doom's swamp over to the right and somewhere else to the left (Arkham, maybe?). He zoomed out and the JL Watchtower was visible on a grid layer above, which will probably also have Apokolips.

I also noticed that, if you're a villain (or at least an Outlaw character, since Arthur Parsons showed it off with Red Hood), and you run around causing chaos, you will get police coming after you, similar to (though probably much easier than) Grand Theft Auto.

There's an ability filter at the bottom of the character screens now, which makes finding out who can do what so much easier.

Mr. Freeze is briefly passed by for a side quest, and THANK GOD his obnoxiously awful accent from LB3 is replaced.

8 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I'm totally ignoring as much of the roster as I can so as not to spoil it for myself.

Watching the video from the livestream does reveal that it's a proper open world. The cities are placed next to each other, presumably for the sake of gameplay convenience; some of the areas were "mountained off" from each other, so it's implied there's still some geographical distance in-universe. The cities definitely look good. Gotham especially shows how far along TT has come since LB2, as it looks like it has more detail, and frankly feels more like a real heavily-urban city than before.

Gotham was made up of the main city, Amusement Mile, Wayne Manor, and a side area I believe was Stryker's Island, with Metropolis above, Smallville further connecting off of there, and the Hall of Doom's swamp over to the right and somewhere else to the left (Arkham, maybe?). He zoomed out and the JL Watchtower was visible on a grid layer above, which will probably also have Apokolips.

I also noticed that, if you're a villain (or at least an Outlaw character, since Arthur Parsons showed it off with Red Hood), and you run around causing chaos, you will get police coming after you, similar to (though probably much easier than) Grand Theft Auto.

There's an ability filter at the bottom of the character screens now, which makes finding out who can do what so much easier.

Mr. Freeze is briefly passed by for a side quest, and THANK GOD his obnoxiously awful accent from LB3 is replaced.

That ability filter is a godsend. I love challenging myself in the post-game to only using certain sets of characters in some levels (ex: just Titans, just Rogues, just Arrowverse characters, etc) and it's almost impossible to do that when you're learning abilities by trial and error. It's gonna be so much easier to use a nice, wide variety of characters now!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd
Found the video, and that was Stryker's! Sorry for doubting you!

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

That ability filter is a godsend. I love challenging myself in the post-game to only using certain sets of characters in some levels (ex: just Titans, just Rogues, just Arrowverse characters, etc) and it's almost impossible to do that when you're learning abilities by trial and error. It's gonna be so much easier to use a nice, wide variety of characters now!

Me too. I can't help it; I like making the teamups logical.

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

@Captain Nemo You won’t be disappointed with the free roam!

https://youtu.be/MPbBtUIznGo

No killer moth though? Man that’s a shame he’s like one of the best!

You can even watch a movie in the Metropolis Theatre!!

I REAAAAAAALLLY hope to see Killer Moth in another character pack. While they've only named a few here, LB3 had a few extra character packs that popped up additionally later on, like the Rainbow Pack or the Superheroines Pack, neither of which had been mentioned previously.

The cw hero’s pack will include the flash, vibe, black lightning, supergirl, the atom, and green arrow 

The cw villain pack will include zoom, vandle savage, Prometheus, vigilante, reighn, and Indigo 

Edited by Falconfan1414

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The cw hero’s pack will include the flash, vibe, black lightning, supergirl, the atom, and green arrow 

The cw villain pack will include zoom, vandle savage, Prometheus, vigilante, reighn, and Indigo 

Most of the characters look great, except the one pic I've seen of Prometheus has him made of deep green bricks, and it looks odd.

Additional side note, as I have now seen the JL Dark characters: I am so excited to have John Constantine playable in one of these games.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:29 AM, BaneShake said:

I REAAAAAAALLLY hope to see Killer Moth in another character pack. While they've only named a few here, LB3 had a few extra character packs that popped up additionally later on, like the Rainbow Pack or the Superheroines Pack, neither of which had been mentioned previously.

Let’s hope that is the case.

I’m hoping Thor’s hammer is one of the weapons you can equip your character with.

Edited by J4ck

I'm seeing a listing for a Deluxe Edition on Gamestop's website. Is that just the game with DLC? And Gamestop is the one that has the free minifig with pre-order, right?

On 10/3/2018 at 7:19 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm seeing a listing for a Deluxe Edition on Gamestop's website. Is that just the game with DLC? And Gamestop is the one that has the free minifig with pre-order, right?

From my understanding, the Deluxe Edition includes access to the DLC content and it is also packaged with the Lex minifigure. So any "basic" Deluxe Edition copy should include DLC and Lex. Certain stores/websites offer additional pre-order bonuses (such as a tin-case from Target or early DLC access via Walmart). 

i.e. I don't think it is necessary to pre-order the game itself, rather one just needs to buy the Deluxe Edition to get the figure. :thumbup:

I'm on the working assumption that he is literally packaged with the physical Deluxe Edition copy of the game (apparently LMSH-2 did the same thing with its Giant-Man figure). 

On 10/5/2018 at 10:11 PM, Captain Nemo said:

I'm on the working assumption that he is literally packaged with the physical Deluxe Edition copy of the game (apparently LMSH-2 did the same thing with its Giant-Man figure). 

And like TLBM with the Batgirl Polybag where it’s folded and stuffed in?