LEGODalekbuster523

LEGO DC Villains (Videogame)

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh, that voice cast! Mark Hamill was already a gift, but that is absolutely JLU's own Michael Rosenbaum as Flash! I can't wait to see what other actors are returning to their roles! 

I had to check on that, too, but it's actually Metallo! That's a design pulled straight from the Rebirth comics, something we're seeing a lot of with this game. Even Clayface, while seemingly just a recycled design from the original Lego Batman game so far, looks a lot more like his Rebirth counterpart than most other recent redesigns. The only big difference I can see from here is that he's much smaller, but he might just have a bigfig transformation, and maybe a few others like Jake did in Lego Dimensions.

If that's the final board (which it usually is) it also looks like we'll be getting 175 characters total (164 if those lighter spots at the end are for custom characters). Including the player character, we know of 29 of them, so that leaves a presumed maximum of 146 to-be-revealed characters, and a minimum of 135. What are the odds we get all of them revealed before launch?  

Most likely. I followed the LB3 promotions the entire way to launch, and with the exception of maybe Fierce Flame, who was a design-a-character contest winner, they had announced them all throughout twitter, videos of gameplay, or word-of-mouth.

Found some more gameplay. Gordon will be in-game same as the cinematic trailer (unsurprisingly), Captain Cold is confirmed as a pic in the customizer, and Clayface does have a second form.

Did anyone else notice Mirror Master in the demo? He's a really great fig and one I'd love an official fig of. Hopefully the developers actually give him some unique skills, rather than just punching and shoiting, allow him to actually travel through mirrors to access different areas. I'm not holding my breath though

14 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Did anyone else notice Mirror Master in the demo? He's a really great fig and one I'd love an official fig of. Hopefully the developers actually give him some unique skills, rather than just punching and shoiting, allow him to actually travel through mirrors to access different areas. I'm not holding my breath though

I didn't! Where exactly was he? I've been anxious to see Mirror Master in LEGO form for awhile!

We've got an open-world Smallville confirmed (hopefully with plenty of early 2000's jokes), Ventriloquist confirmed, and Kevin Conroy basically confirmed (if "the Joker is THE Joker" and "Batman is THE Batman" and Joker is Mark Hamill...that's easy math). This game gets more exciting every day!

19 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I didn't! Where exactly was he? I've been anxious to see Mirror Master in LEGO form for awhile!

We've got an open-world Smallville confirmed (hopefully with plenty of early 2000's jokes), Ventriloquist confirmed, and Kevin Conroy basically confirmed (if "the Joker is THE Joker" and "Batman is THE Batman" and Joker is Mark Hamill...that's easy math). This game gets more exciting every day!

Here's the walkthrough of the first part of the demo level

Mirror Master appears around the 18:30 mark

55 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Here's the walkthrough of the first part of the demo level

Mirror Master appears around the 18:30 mark

Oh man, he looks good! I also noticed Psycho Pirate around 7:20, and that confirms Susan Eisenberg as Diana and Josh Keaton as Hal! That's definitely not Khary Payton playing Cyborg, though..

Based on Scarecrow's look, and the Rebirth styles of the heroes, I'm guessing any "DC Super Hero" line minifigures between this point and Lego Batman 3 (not counting Lego Batman Movie looks-- I bet that'll be a character pack) will be included. Question is, how up-to-date will the newest figures be? Will we get an Arkham Knight-looking alternate Batman, for example?

20 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Based on Scarecrow's look, and the Rebirth styles of the heroes, I'm guessing any "DC Super Hero" line minifigures between this point and Lego Batman 3 (not counting Lego Batman Movie looks-- I bet that'll be a character pack) will be included. Question is, how up-to-date will the newest figures be? Will we get an Arkham Knight-looking alternate Batman, for example?

I doubt we'll see many if any Batman variants in this one, and it doesn't seem like we're getting any new non-movie figures we don't already know about. I would bet that the Talons and Omac will be in there, though, and maybe Jessica Cruz depending on how many heroes get in on the party.

I'm really looking forward to this game (as I do with all LEGO DC games [and, just maybe, all LEGO games), but a question about the pre-order bonus: I have looked on the Gamestop and Amazon websites but I haven't yet seen the Lex Luthor Power Suite minifigure advertised with the game. Does anyone know where, in the US, the pre-order will get you Mr. Luthor? Thanks!

On 6/26/2018 at 8:37 AM, CommishGordon said:

I'm really looking forward to this game (as I do with all LEGO DC games [and, just maybe, all LEGO games), but a question about the pre-order bonus: I have looked on the Gamestop and Amazon websites but I haven't yet seen the Lex Luthor Power Suite minifigure advertised with the game. Does anyone know where, in the US, the pre-order will get you Mr. Luthor? Thanks!

Gamestop has in the past. Sometimes other random retailers. If you preorder the deluxe edition on Amazon, that always comes with the minifigure, but you're paying for the season pass too.

3 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

I noticed Aqualad's holster in the character creator in one video. I guess some Young Justice characters will be in the mix? :excited:

Where was that? Are you sure it wasn't just Deathstroke's scabbard?

Since we just got a 2019 physical Firefly minifigure revealed, and in a set with Poison Ivy matching this game's design, I guarantee you Firefly is going to appear looking like his new figure in this game.

11 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Where was that? Are you sure it wasn't just Deathstroke's scabbard?

I think it was in one of the videos from E3 showcasing the demo? I guess nobody posted it on this thread; I'm sure that there are several like it on YouTube where a playtester really goes through the character creator. The piece was definitely labelled as belonging to Aqualad. The same video also had Blue Beetle's neckpiece, but in that case it didn't specify that it belonged to him.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

The SDCC panel has just been announced! The usual Arthur Parsons and TT crew will be accompanied by Kevin Conroy (Batman), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn), Fred Tatasciore (Grundy, Clayface, Black Adam, and Killer Croc), and Julie Nathanson (Silver Banshee)! According to Comicbook.com, we'll be getting some new character reveals, but just those credits already confirm Black Adam and Killer Croc, both of which I'm fairly certain we didn't know about! 

11 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The SDCC panel has just been announced! The usual Arthur Parsons and TT crew will be accompanied by Kevin Conroy (Batman), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn), Fred Tatasciore (Grundy, Clayface, Black Adam, and Killer Croc), and Julie Nathanson (Silver Banshee)! According to Comicbook.com, we'll be getting some new character reveals, but just those credits already confirm Black Adam and Killer Croc, both of which I'm fairly certain we didn't know about! 

hoping we get an new trailer as well

Looks like we can add Atomica, Deathstorm, Sinestro, Black Adam, Heatwave, Two-Face, Penguin, Captain Boomerang, Clock King, and what appears to be Merlyn from characters shown. Blue Beetle's carapace, Black Manta's pack and helmet, Adam Strange's jetpack, Calendar Man's shoulder pads, Firefly's Jetpack, Condiment King's belt, Mr. Freeze's helmet, and Gentleman Ghost's... something are also show in the customizer, so they'll probably be included as playable as well. It looks like one of the locations shown is something Gorilla City related.

What a fantastic information drop hidden in one trailer!

17 hours ago, The Pearson said:

What timestamp is Atomica? I totally missed her!

Near the beginning, in the group shot that Harley starts drawing on. Behind Superwoman.

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Whatever happened to Clock King's head???

That's an excellent question! I wonder if it might be a licensing thing? None of the other figures are using their LBM designs I think, so maybe they had to change up Clock King's too?

On 6/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, SoupOrFishOil said:

The piece was definitely labelled as belonging to Aqualad. The same video also had Blue Beetle's neckpiece, but in that case it didn't specify that it belonged to him.

Now  this is unlikely but what if there is some young justice content to tie in with the new season, then the blue beetle neck piece could be unlabeled as other reach members would use the same part.

Edited by Agent Kallus

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Now  this is unlikely but what if there is some young justice content to tie in with the new season, then the blue beetle neck piece could be unlabeled as other reach members.

Maybe! The Reach was in LB3 (sort of randomly) so who knows? At least a Young Justice DLC pack seems likely to me, but then I'd think Aqualad would be saved for that. It wouldn't surprise me if some YJ/Titans team show up in the story as foes for the Justice Syndicate at some point even if they immediately share the JL's fate. Aqualad would fit in nicely then, whatever route they went as far as membership, since he's both a main character in Young Justice and a member of the Rebirth Titans. If they go the Rebirth route, a YJ DLC pack might come with other characters like Blue Beetle, Superboy, Wally West, and Artemis. This is probably overthinking it though...

I'm just glad that Aqualad is supposedly here; I've been a little worried that the character roster won't be as impressive as LB3 or the Marvel games (even if the character models we have seen are gorgeous).

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

13 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

I'm just glad that Aqualad is supposedly here; I've been a little worried that the character roster won't be as impressive as LB3 or the Marvel games (even if the character models we have seen are gorgeous).

I don't think there's cause for concern. Interviews have been placing the roster up around where LB3's size was, pre-DLC, so it should come out at least the same. Too many more characters than that would be a tad unmanageable, I would imagine.

I just realized that in the endcap of the trailer, Zoom and what appears to be Reign are in the TV villains pack. Interesting on who else that might hold from the CW-verse, and maybe beyond. Alternate Deathstroke or Deadshot? Mallus? Savitar?