LEGODalekbuster523

LEGO DC Villains (Videogame)

5 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'm super excited, and really hope this is accurate. Calling it now, I suspect Black Adam will be the preorder figure.

It will be a lot of fun paying as various villains trying to achieve their masterplans without the likes of Batman, Superman and the Flash getting in the way.

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Eurogamer have confirmed LEGO DC Villains is a thing:

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/01/16/eurogamer-says-lego-incredibles-and-lego-dc-villains-rumour-is-spot-on/

Great news. It's about time the villain story mode of the first LEGO Batman got its own game! 

This is the most hyped I have gotten about a game in such a long time, and they've not even released anything about it officially! WOO, HYPE TRAIN!

Gee golly willikers, I sure can't wait for it to be the exact same lego game we've been getting 99% of the time since 2005 but with a different branded coat of paint!

Seriously though, TT/WB Games should really stop shoving out twenty-billion formulaic, unpolished lego games a year and focus on doing only 1 or 2 titles a year that focus on overhauling and refining the ageing formula for the current year instead of just staying with the same old same old. Quality over quantity, y'know?

3 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

Gee golly willikers, I sure can't wait for it to be the exact same lego game we've been getting 99% of the time since 2005 but with a different branded coat of paint!

Seriously though, TT/WB Games should really stop shoving out twenty-billion formulaic, unpolished lego games a year and focus on doing only 1 or 2 titles a year that focus on overhauling and refining the ageing formula for the current year instead of just staying with the same old same old. Quality over quantity, y'know?

Twenty billion? You're off by about a factor of two billion, since there's usually only about two TT Games Lego titles per year (three at the absolute most)?

Frankly, the Lego games generally continue to be successful, so there's not much impetus for them to change things up too much, That's not to say there aren't innovations (Lego Worlds, for instance, is a substantially different game than the typical licensed games thanks to its emphasis on building and environmental manipulation), but they aren't going to try to reinvent the wheel completely when they have so many fans enjoying their current output. And with so many popular franchises to cover (not just Star Wars but also both Super Heroes franchises and the occasional other licensed or even non-licensed game), there's only so many games that they can cut out of their release schedule without essentially leaving money on the table.

If anything, the demand for Lego games might make for an argument that instead of relying quite as heavily on TT Games, Lego should branch out to other developers to give other types of gameplay a chance, while TT Games continues to put out games based on the successful formula they've established. They sort of do this already, with smaller mobile games developed by other developers (sometimes in partnership with TT Games/WB Games as well), but I can't say I wouldn't be interested in what sort of more prominent game a developer like Telltale Games or Platinum Games could come up with based on Lego's franchises.

9 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

They're not the same game. Each one has introduced something new, whether its dinosaurs or superpowers, and in my view the LEGO games are always top quality. I don't think I've played one bad LEGO videogame.

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They're not the same game. Each one has introduced something new, whether its dinosaurs or superpowers, and in my view the LEGO games are always top quality. I don't think I've played one bad LEGO videogame.

I'm going to have to back you up on this one. While the basic level mechanics are always similar, the feel each game gives off is unique, and they're always throwing in tweaks to keep gameplay fresh. Lego Star Wars 3 has light real-time strategy elements. Batman 2 switched things up to introduce open-world sandboxes and dialogue. LOTR and The Hobbit have a very RPG feel to them, while Ninjago just essentially became an RPG with skill-upgrades and level procession. Undercover is GTA-esque, and a brilliant spoof of the Police and Crime genres. They all do a great job making things fun.

5 hours ago, Hythonia said:

Hope Wonder Woman's rogues get some love in this game! 

I'm sure they will include Cheetah (since we just got a physical fig) and Ares at least.

I personally hope to see Clayface return (since he was missing in LB3) as a bigfig; it was a truly missed opportunity not using him like that last time.

One thing I'm curious about is the presence of Lego Batman Movie villains - the Rogues gallery was really fleshed out for that film, so I'm curious whether the designs will be used for this game or they'll choose to keep those separate from regular DC Superheroes.

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

One thing I'm curious about is the presence of Lego Batman Movie villains - the Rogues gallery was really fleshed out for that film, so I'm curious whether the designs will be used for this game or they'll choose to keep those separate from regular DC Superheroes.

I'd wager that some, like Killer Moth or Captain Boomerang, will get their previous looks from sets that came out before the movie. I'd prefer a Penguin who isn't blue, for sure. And I suspect the characters like Harley Quinn and Joker will continue to keep their general appearances that they've had in-game since LB2, due to precedent.

10 hours ago, legozebra said:

I didn't even think about that. I really hope they keep all of the villains in from that movie. I'm dying to play as Lego Orca. 

2 hours ago, Hythonia said:

I didn't even think about that. I really hope they keep all of the villains in from that movie. I'm dying to play as Lego Orca. 

Well one thing in favor of that is that LEGO Dimensions had TLBM. Which means models exist for them at TT Games, that makes it easy to add them

Edited by jhuyser

7 hours ago, Hythonia said:

Orca seems plausible. They'll probably have several "aquatic" ability characters, like they have in the past, who can sink and walk around underwater. Killer Croc, Orca, Ocean Master, Black Manta, and so on, would all be logical choices.

There has been a leak of a new Lex Luthor minifigure, where he's wearing his Superman-styled armor from Rebirth, and I suspect it's probably to tie into this game as the preorder bonus. If it is, this could lead to some interesting speculation.

In Rebirth, he's wearing a Superman-looking costume so that the public sees him as a hero (due to the New 52 Superman dying-- now replaced by the pre-New 52 post-crisis Superman; it's complicated). And a slightly earlier story, Forever Evil, had the Justice League heroes vanish when the Crime Syndicate invaded their universe, leaving Lex to lead some of the other villains, like Bizarro and the Flash's Rogues, as a resistance.

If they are basing the game off of these concepts, I could see it playing out as such: dangerous force shows up (be it Crime Syndicate, Darkseid and Apokolips forces, or someone else entirely), the Justice League either gets kidnapped or vanishes (seeeecret kidnap style), Lex Luthor puts on this suit to gain public trust, and leads villains to stop the new threat. Could even call back to the Heroes and Villains fighting together to stop Brainiac in Lego Batman 3.

7 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

There has been a leak of a new Lex Luthor minifigure, where he's wearing his Superman-styled armor from Rebirth, and I suspect it's probably to tie into this game as the preorder bonus. If it is, this could lead to some interesting speculation.

In Rebirth, he's wearing a Superman-looking costume so that the public sees him as a hero (due to the New 52 Superman dying-- now replaced by the pre-New 52 post-crisis Superman; it's complicated). And a slightly earlier story, Forever Evil, had the Justice League heroes vanish when the Crime Syndicate invaded their universe, leaving Lex to lead some of the other villains, like Bizarro and the Flash's Rogues, as a resistance.

If they are basing the game off of these concepts, I could see it playing out as such: dangerous force shows up (be it Crime Syndicate, Darkseid and Apokolips forces, or someone else entirely), the Justice League either gets kidnapped or vanishes (seeeecret kidnap style), Lex Luthor puts on this suit to gain public trust, and leads villains to stop the new threat. Could even call back to the Heroes and Villains fighting together to stop Brainiac in Lego Batman 3.

You mean like some sort of Suicide Squad? 

I trust Traveller's Tales to do a better job with that concept than Warner Bros/DC.

12 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Interesting! I can totally see that being the storyline. And that leaked figure has got to be from the game.

I always love it when TT Games makes original stories for the Lego videogames, so I'm really excited for this one especially after the excellence of Marvel Superheroes 2.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:42 PM, legozebra said:

Interesting! I can totally see that being the storyline. And that leaked figure has got to be from the game.

I always love it when TT Games makes original stories for the Lego videogames, so I'm really excited for this one especially after the excellence of Marvel Superheroes 2.

I remember I was super skeptical when Lego Batman 2 was going to include voice acting and a "real" plot (more in-depth is probably a better way to put it). I was, obviously, quite pleased with it. I got suuuuuper hyped for LB3, and here I am again, with my hype levels OFF THE RAILS and it hasn't even been announced yet. I'm gonna flip when we finally get a trailer.

On 15/03/2018 at 1:45 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

I remember I was super skeptical when Lego Batman 2 was going to include voice acting and a "real" plot (more in-depth is probably a better way to put it). I was, obviously, quite pleased with it. I got suuuuuper hyped for LB3, and here I am again, with my hype levels OFF THE RAILS and it hasn't even been announced yet. I'm gonna flip when we finally get a trailer.

Wonder why it's taking so long for these games to be announced? I thought at least LEGO Incredibles 2 would have been announced by now.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:57 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Wonder why it's taking so long for these games to be announced? I thought at least LEGO Incredibles 2 would have been announced by now.

Now that Incredibles 2 is announced, it pretty much cements this one as happening, since they were leaked by the same source. Now we wait and listen.

13 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Now that Incredibles 2 is announced, it pretty much cements this one as happening, since they were leaked by the same source. Now we wait and listen.

Technically The Incredibles 2 hasn't been announced, it was leaked by the recently released LEGO Junior Incredibles sets.

13 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Technically The Incredibles 2 hasn't been announced, it was leaked by the recently released LEGO Junior Incredibles sets.

Well, confirmed is a better word choice, I suppose. Based on previous years, if Incredibles is released near the movie (June), this one would probably be October or November, if I had to guess.