Sign in to follow this  
Trance89

LL 243 Scout

I gave classic space a try and this is the result. I tried to stick with the design of the original sets with a pretty flat grey base and a higher blue cockpit. Since I wanted a smooth bottom and wings, the design is a bit more complex than it looks, because I used bricks the normal way, upside down and the SNOT-technique. And to answer an important question: yes, it is swooshable!

38785804105_27623fe660_c.jpgLL 243 Scout

38785802715_41f8e33b4b_c.jpgLL 243 Scout

Oooh, I really, really, really like this! Particularly, this craft's footprint looks pretty darn cool, but those rear thrusters and retro, Naboo Starfighter like rocket cone point are what does it for me. I also like your usage of that smaller canopy/windscreen part for the cockpit.

All in all, a most swooshable Classic Spacecraft! :thumbup: :sweet:

Very nice.  The bottom aspect in particular gives me a retro-futuristic WWII kind of vibe which definitely works for neo-clasic space.  The little bit of extra detail/greebling on the wings is nice, and I agree that those rear engines are great.  :classic:

On 14-1-2018 at 2:35 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooh, I really, really, really like this! Particularly, this craft's footprint looks pretty darn cool, but those rear thrusters and retro, Naboo Starfighter like rocket cone point are what does it for me. I also like your usage of that smaller canopy/windscreen part for the cockpit.

All in all, a most swooshable Classic Spacecraft! :thumbup: :sweet:

The thrusters were the first thing I made, even without knowing what kind of spaceship I was going to create later on. The bar of the rocket cone point was the last thing I added. I just tried it and thought it really added something to the build.

On 14-1-2018 at 11:32 PM, deraven said:

Very nice.  The bottom aspect in particular gives me a retro-futuristic WWII kind of vibe which definitely works for neo-clasic space.  The little bit of extra detail/greebling on the wings is nice, and I agree that those rear engines are great.  :classic:

While I was building this, the bottom reminded me of a fighter jet as well.

21 hours ago, kieran said:

The wings are my favourite part, how do they attach to the main body

The wings are attached to the bottom part with only 2 of these per wing, but they're strong enough to hold them.