Kalais

[MOC] M:Tron BoatTronShip

Recently I received LEGO part 18913c01 which is the giant modern boat hull. This "brick" is obviously dedicated to build floating ships with it. But I was looking, and looking at it and decided that I need to find some other use for it! Read more »

M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-01.jpg

M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-02.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-03.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-04.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-05.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-06.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-07.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-08.jpg M-Tron-Boat-Tron-Ship-09.jpg 

Bigger photos and full story here:
LEGO Gallery - [MOC] M:Tron BoatTronShip

Follow my new MOCs and articles at:
LEGO Blog | Facebook | Flickr | Google+

It seems Boba Fett has joined the M-Tron fleet! Quite an idea and very well realized! Its certainly not the most obvious thing to do with that boat hull, but it just looks like it is meant to be like that. Excellent work!:classic:

Ingenious part reusage there! To me, this spacecraft vaguely resembles Captain Nemo's Nautilus from Disney's adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. But, like @Littleworlds had suggested, I guess it also resembles the Slave I in a way too.

Nice, how well do the pieces 'hold on' to the hull? And what does the underside look like, curious... :look:

Definitely NPU on the boat hull.  That first shot makes it look like a (giant) diesel train engine (which would be a fun way to go for a different MOC - Massive M-Tron Space Train!).  Nice build.  :classic:

This is seriously impressive. At a glance I can't even see the boat hull, and I wouldn't have recognized it had you not pointed it out. Great job!

On 14.01.2018 at 1:20 PM, Littleworlds said:

It seems Boba Fett has joined the M-Tron fleet! Quite an idea and very well realized! Its certainly not the most obvious thing to do with that boat hull, but it just looks like it is meant to be like that. Excellent work!:classic:

On 14.01.2018 at 2:41 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ingenious part reusage there! To me, this spacecraft vaguely resembles Captain Nemo's Nautilus from Disney's adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. But, like @Littleworlds had suggested, I guess it also resembles the Slave I in a way too.

On 14.01.2018 at 10:24 PM, -zenn said:

Nice, how well do the pieces 'hold on' to the hull? And what does the underside look like, curious... :look:

On 14.01.2018 at 11:34 PM, deraven said:

Definitely NPU on the boat hull.  That first shot makes it look like a (giant) diesel train engine (which would be a fun way to go for a different MOC - Massive M-Tron Space Train!).  Nice build.  :classic:

On 16.01.2018 at 3:36 AM, BrickJagger said:

This is seriously impressive. At a glance I can't even see the boat hull, and I wouldn't have recognized it had you not pointed it out. Great job!

On 16.01.2018 at 3:43 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

That is a fantastic usage of the boat hull, and it's M-Tron to boot!

Thx all! I am glad you all like it :)

Resemble to Slave is unintentional ;) I think Star Wars design made big impact on my ideas tho. Lately I was building classic space moc and I was like "hey, it looks like it could be a some part of star wars :O

As for the bottom part - it is snot - bricks, slopes and curved slopes, nothing really special there. Basically everything is attached to the bottom (top of the hull, only place where are studs on this huge piece) and the studs are going in every side to finally be "Studs on top". It is very sturdy. Cockpit is mounted on 4 studs on the left and 4 studs on rights + hinges in the front so it is really well attached.

And as for train, yeah. I was thinking about it too :) And some steam-mtron-futuristic-harvester ;) That part got some more potential in it :)