My 5th entry for the Colossal Castle Contest, into the Village Life category. Credit for the pine tree design goes to Chris Maddison, who recently shared his design in a tutorial here. The build fits on a 48×48 baseplate, and three of the buildings have interiors (pull out rooms).

Daydelon has plenty of excellent shops to meet your various needs. Brianna’s Bakery, Tryggr’s Supplies, and the Toy Shop are all located on the first stretch of the main street. Even in the winter the city keeps bustling, with the frozen river providing a great place for children to skate and the snow covered streets still see plenty of traffic from dog sleds and others.

Overview-3.jpg

low2.jpg

Right2.jpg

back-corner.jpg

left-fron.jpg

Front-1.jpg

skaters2.jpg

interiros.jpg

And as usual, you can find plenty more pictures on brickbuilt.

Thank you for looking :classic:

Seems like a cozy place to live in, even though it is very snowy! This is an all-around great build, and my favorite part is just how realistic the snowscaping is.

Yes please! :wub: I'd like to pick some details out or give some constructive criticism, but it's just all so lovely...

Now I've been staring at the build for quite some time now on Flickr, trying to decide which house I'd want to live in, but honestly: I can't decide. I want them all! :grin: 

Keep up the good work SK!

For me, probably the most impressive thing here is the roofs.  Pretty dang awesome, though I can't figure out why you hid those lovely dormer windows in the back!

Great MOC again SK! :thumbup:

Very scenic and cosy, with the snowy roofs and the buildings snug so closely against each other. The characters add a lot of life to the scene and remind me a bit on the hunters in the snow. A wonderful interpretation of a timeless motive. Lovely!:classic:

The level of detailing just blew my mind

The roofs look awesome. And so carefully done

The woodcarvers are lovely

And the bridge is superb

Overall, an outstading MOC :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is a marvelous build. :wub:

I love the roofs of the houses and white give a nice contrast with the reddish brown.

As I said on Flickr, this is just a beautiful winter scene, such cozy looking houses, great touches of color!  I really like the interiors also, especially the carvers and the bakery! :thumbup: 

Great scene overall, as usual top notch snowscaping and not least great presented :classic:

Really lovely MOC.  I love all the snowscaping especially the trees.  It feels like somewhere I want to go on holidays.

Brilliant! I think I may say that each time I see your builds.

I love the snowscape ground work and roofing. I will definitely have to borrow some of that for official Winter Village scene I wanted to set up.

The atmosphere seems fitting with the people. Very lively. The contrast between the brown and white looks great. I also love the clocktower.

Both atmosphere and level of detail in this MOC are spectacular. Will you ever cease to amaze us? Fantastic!

On 1/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, KevinyWu said:

Seems like a cozy place to live in, even though it is very snowy! This is an all-around great build, and my favorite part is just how realistic the snowscaping is.

Thank you! I enjoy building wintry scenes so this was a really fun model :classic:

On 1/14/2018 at 8:15 AM, TitusV said:

Yes please! :wub: I'd like to pick some details out or give some constructive criticism, but it's just all so lovely...

Now I've been staring at the build for quite some time now on Flickr, trying to decide which house I'd want to live in, but honestly: I can't decide. I want them all! :grin: 

Keep up the good work SK!

Thanks Titus! Making the different details for each house, yet keeping the same style for all of them, was a neat challenge

On 1/14/2018 at 6:43 PM, mrcp6d said:

For me, probably the most impressive thing here is the roofs.  Pretty dang awesome, though I can't figure out why you hid those lovely dormer windows in the back!

Great MOC again SK! :thumbup:

Thanks Mike! I was roughly basing the build off of an illustration from a Jan Brett book, which had a bunch of completely snow covered roofs that made me realize I hadn't done those yet.
The dormers did get a bit hidden in the end :laugh: They just happened to fit best on that building though.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:02 PM, Littleworlds said:

Very scenic and cosy, with the snowy roofs and the buildings snug so closely against each other. The characters add a lot of life to the scene and remind me a bit on the hunters in the snow. A wonderful interpretation of a timeless motive. Lovely!:classic:

Thank you :sweet:

On 1/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, Robert8 said:

The level of detailing just blew my mind

The roofs look awesome. And so carefully done

The woodcarvers are lovely

And the bridge is superb

Overall, an outstading MOC :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Robert! Glad o hear you enjoyed the woodcarvers and bridge :sweet:

On 1/15/2018 at 3:17 AM, kahir88 said:

Awsome as always, good job!

Thanks!

On 1/15/2018 at 5:18 AM, sander1992 said:

This is a marvelous build. :wub:

I love the roofs of the houses and white give a nice contrast with the reddish brown.

Thank you :classic:

On 1/15/2018 at 9:02 AM, Kai NRG said:

As I said on Flickr, this is just a beautiful winter scene, such cozy looking houses, great touches of color!  I really like the interiors also, especially the carvers and the bakery! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai! I was pretty pleased with the display shelf in the bakery :classic:

On 1/15/2018 at 3:36 PM, Gideon said:

Great scene overall, as usual top notch snowscaping and not least great presented :classic:

Thanks Gideon! I ended up shooting pictures twice, as the first ones were usually not focused well enough.

On 1/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, Bfenz said:

Really lovely MOC.  I love all the snowscaping especially the trees.  It feels like somewhere I want to go on holidays.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous winter scene! :wub:

Clever technique for the river!

Thanks! The river technique I have used several times now, after seeing Simon Schweyer use it.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:10 PM, TheLegoDr said:

Brilliant! I think I may say that each time I see your builds.

I love the snowscape ground work and roofing. I will definitely have to borrow some of that for official Winter Village scene I wanted to set up.

The atmosphere seems fitting with the people. Very lively. The contrast between the brown and white looks great. I also love the clocktower.

Thank you, it was great fun building the clocktower, and getting to use the lovely printed clock dishes.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, snefroe said:

this is really great :wub: now please the rest of the village :blush:

I may make a larger model of Daydelon at some point, but in the meantime you may enjoy my past Daydelon and Nordheim builds which often have a similar style to this. 

On 1/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, AnkTales said:

I love this MOC!! Very good! :)

Thank you!

On 1/22/2018 at 4:06 AM, Elostirion said:

Both atmosphere and level of detail in this MOC are spectacular. Will you ever cease to amaze us? Fantastic!

On 1/22/2018 at 6:42 AM, Lazer said:

Looks great! Congrats! :classic:

Epic as usual, SK! I am always amazed at how you can make such intricate and convincing buildings, with interiors, on such a small footprint. The wood makes a delightful contrast with the snow, and the greys of the bridge and chimneys (and foundations--a nice, very subtle detail) work well to fill it out a bit. The texturing of the stonework, by the way, is excellent. No one does snow like you do. No one. I wish I could even approach what you do with the white stuff! Great detailing all around, though. My one nitpick is the color of the greens you used. The bushes seem too vibrantly green against the snow, as most plants that I know that keep foliage through the winter are on the darker end of green (like holly, conifers, and some bushes), and the sand green of the trees does not match any conifer I know of (though I could be corrected if you know of one). That's a small thing, though, and I had to look for a while to find something to point out for improvement, so...

Looks as usual fantastic it even feels a little cold in my room. :grin:
The trees are great!
Really liking the stone work on the chimenies and the bridge, also the windows give an autenticity feeling as they are different but match well on the overall of the town. :classic:

I love it!  I think this should be the next Winter Village set, although it doesn't have modern cars and such.  Love it and the story that goes with it!