Admonisher

[MOD] Ahch-To Island Training (75200) w/ X-Wing Door [Updated]

So here's a MOD for 75200 Ahch-To Island Training (and I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it). A cool detail in Star Wars: The Last Jedi is that the door to Luke Skywalker's hut is made from a chunk of S-foil from his X-Wing. You can see the faded red stripes if you look closely. I like 75200, and didn't want to redesign the whole hut, so I decided to make a few customizations that include a new door. It's not totally screen-accurate, but my goal was just to give a closer approximation. Because the new door clips to the existing bar, no other modifications to that part of the set are required, and it's a simple matter to swap out the provided cloth, depending on your mood. Having the door swing up is a bit of creative license, but the interior of the hut is so detail-packed that having it swing inward didn't really work.

954fwboh.jpg

While I was at it, I also made a few further revisions for display purposes. The base is expanded to give more room for Rey and Luke to stand side-by-side. "Play" features I won't personally use, i.e. the "exploding" wall and spinning platform, have been removed with a few stability enhancements. I added a window to the area above Luke's bed, and some clips to the ceiling to hold a fish, knife, spear tip and a pair of macrobinoculars. The "shelf" in the roof now has a few jars. Rey carries a satchel, as she did at the end of The Force Awakens, Luke's walking stick is a bit more proportionate, and the concealed area under the table now houses a few non-fruit items. Perhaps too much detail in the end, but it was fun. :)

iwWyA3kl.jpg

kZ0SH2xl.jpg

Q7jCwebl.jpg

And just for reference, this was my first pass at the MOD, which I originally posted here earlier today:

noycJWpl.jpg

Edited by Admonisher

That’s indeed a cool detail from the movie and a cool mod :thumbup: I’ve been thinking about doing a similar mod if/when I get the set ever since I saw the door in a concept art picture in the art book for TLJ. And you’re right, it’s a bit hard to see in the movie, but you notice it if you know what you’re looking for.