Sign in to follow this  
BimmerBoy

Suggestions for TLG?

Is there a forum or topic area where people can list suggestions for TLG?  I review sets at Lego dot com and list my thoughts in those reviews, but I think that goes nowhere. I was wondering if there was  place here to make suggestions, since I believe some Lego employees read these forums.

For example, I would like to see some 2x4 light bley jumper plates added into Modular sets so we can set up minifigs on the sidewalks without them falling over everytime the table or cabinet these modulars are displayed on gets bumped.  

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or such a topic is not appropriate, please delete this.  I know that a suggestion thread could get out of hand quickly with silly and unrealistic requests, so I understand if those type of things are frowned upon.

3 hours ago, BimmerBoy said:

For example, I would like to see some 2x4 light bley jumper plates added into Modular sets so we can set up minifigs on the sidewalks without them falling over everytime the table or cabinet these modulars are displayed on gets bumped.  

This seems like something you could just do yourself. Plates like the one you're talking about cost around $0.06-0.10 a piece on Pick A Brick Shop@Home or B&P, you could get a big pile of them for just a few dollars and do it to all of your modulars for less than a dollar and one minute per modular. However you are getting your wish with the new Downtown Diner which has plate 2x2 w 1 knob all over the sidewalks and its likely they'll continue the trend with all the future sets in that series.

It might help in communication of your suggestions and future reference that the pieces sometimes referred to as 'jumper plates' are: plate 1x2 w 1 knob, plate 2x2 w 1 knob, plate 1x3 w 2 knobs, plate 1x4 w 2 knobs and the official colors for the pieces that make up the modular series sidewalks are medium stone grey for the curb and dark stone grey for the bulk of the sidewalk.

Yes, you could certainly just do that yourself, but your wish has already been answered if you look at 10260 Downtown Diner: they have jumper plates on the sidewalk in various spots for affixing minifigs.

The Embassy.

It is a most underappreciated forum that doesn't get as much traffic as other subforums do, and it is where fans can engage in discussions with not necessarily TLG employees, but ambassadors for the company. There is both a new part suggestion topic and minifigure suggestion topic there, and most discussions focusing on the LEGO Ideas program take place there too.

As for TLG employees, there are a few around here as users on this forum, but they don't post very often.

18 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This seems like something you could just do yourself. Plates like the one you're talking about cost around $0.06-0.10 a piece on Pick A Brick Shop@Home or B&P, you could get a big pile of them for just a few dollars and do it to all of your modulars for less than a dollar and one minute per modular. However you are getting your wish with the new Downtown Diner which has plate 2x2 w 1 knob all over the sidewalks and its likely they'll continue the trend with all the future sets in that series.

It might help in communication of your suggestions and future reference that the pieces sometimes referred to as 'jumper plates' are: plate 1x2 w 1 knob, plate 2x2 w 1 knob, plate 1x3 w 2 knobs, plate 1x4 w 2 knobs and the official colors for the pieces that make up the modular series sidewalks are medium stone grey for the curb and dark stone grey for the bulk of the sidewalk.

I have not looked too closely at Downtown Diner yet, glad to hear those pieces are included in that set. 

I got my colors mixed up, I meant dark bluish grey.  My understanding is that the "stone" greys were older and discontinued and the newer greys are the "bluish" greys.  I know the light/medium grey on my Black Falcon era castle sets is different from the modern light/medium grey.

16 hours ago, deraven said:

Yes, you could certainly just do that yourself, but your wish has already been answered if you look at 10260 Downtown Diner: they have jumper plates on the sidewalk in various spots for affixing minifigs.

Excellent news, thanks!

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Embassy.

It is a most underappreciated forum that doesn't get as much traffic as other subforums do, and it is where fans can engage in discussions with not necessarily TLG employees, but ambassadors for the company. There is both a new part suggestion topic and minifigure suggestion topic there, and most discussions focusing on the LEGO Ideas program take place there too.

As for TLG employees, there are a few around here as users on this forum, but they don't post very often.

Ah, yes, this is what I was looking for!  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, BimmerBoy said:

I got my colors mixed up, I meant dark bluish grey.  My understanding is that the "stone" greys were older and discontinued and the newer greys are the "bluish" greys.  I know the light/medium grey on my Black Falcon era castle sets is different from the modern light/medium grey.

stone grey = bluish grey

Stone is TLG nomenclature whereas bluish is bricklink nomenclature.