Anio

French Empire models

Hi there !

Here are 3 models I did last year. :)

First, an Empire chess.

Made out of 6,500 elements, minifigs are exclusively made of official parts excepted :
- one sticker for Napoléon torso
- one modified epaulette

Technically speaking, the model is fairly simple. I supposed you recognized French armies (Napoleon, Joséphine) against English armies (Wellington).
Gunners, standard bearer, pipe for English armies. French horseman are Mamluks. I let you do some research on Google if you want to know a bit more about them. :)

25764458028_d581a7a91a_c.jpgEmpire Chess by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

38927450544_409d3a1f7e_c.jpgEmpire Chess by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

39635747271_121ccfbe39_c.jpgEmpire Chess by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

38927453694_3669a78515_c.jpgEmpire Chess by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

39635757431_a77aa8f493_c.jpgEmpire Chess by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

Full FlickR album : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/albums/72157692124250555

This white building it the Petite Malmaison. Built in the XIXth century version, it has no perpendicular wing and a huge canopy. At the time, it was quite a technical achievment. But it was very expensive to maintain. Thus, the canopy was dismantled in 1827. Except the west wing, the building became more or less what we can see nowadays.

At the time, Joséphine spent a lot of time gardening in this canopy. She liked it a lot. She had a lot of various plant and exotic flowers.

petiteMalmaison1.jpg

More information about that building : http://www.napoleonprisonnier.com/lieux/ptMalmaison.html

I virtually had no documents to design that canopy. I did a lot of photos of the real building, and that was ok for the main part of the building.
But for the canopy, as it was destroyed 200 years ago, I only had some inaccurate drawings and paintings. The only major information I had was found in a picture description : the canopy was 19 meters wide. With this information, I could calculate the proportion (and the angle of the canopy) as I had the lenght and the height of the building.

Technically, the round part in the front was not so simple. On other sides, there are a lot of details but that is not so complicated.
As for the gardens, I bought a lot of various plant/flower elements, and I went with my imagination.
In principle, all plants are differents. :)

18 000 pièces.

38927359234_2f87b5df49_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

27857777689_df7cacf364_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

39605895862_767fd4609f_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

24767489177_b014c6294b_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

38927359654_a51cc3ff0a_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr[/img]

27857778239_e52df024a0_c.jpgPetite Malmaison by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

Full FlickR album : https://www.flickr.com/photos/anio-ucs/albums/72157692124017645

And finally, the Chateau de Malmaison. 31 000 pièces.
It is more or less symetrical. But is what tricky to deal with all tiny details that were not symetrical. Even after 40 hours looking at the tons of pictures I did, I was still founding some differences...
I think the final model is very accurate. It is not very complex architecturally speaking, though.

I don't have nice pictures for that model, so I didn't upload any on FlickR. Here are just some random pics :

Chateau_Malmaison_0_0.jpg?itok=DKaAmk6D

tvs0.jpg

svun.jpg

bamn.jpg

gxi2.jpg

kezp.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Régis

Wow, they’re amazing, especially the chess set. Would like to see interiors of the last one.:)

Wow!! They are stunning builds - I think my favourite is the second one especially the canopy and all those plants!!! Amazing stuff!! The other 2 builds are pretty fantastic too!!

Excellent work!!

Ça alors! La Petite Malmaison est incroyable! J'adore le toit et le jardin.

Très bien fait!

28 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Ça alors! La Petite Malmaison est incroyable! J'adore le toit et le jardin.

Très bien fait!

Hi, please use English language when posting. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Milan said:

Hi, please use English language when posting. Thanks!

Sorry, thought it wasn't too big a deal.

---------------------------------------------------

Good gravy! The Petite Malmaison is incredible! I love the roof and the garden.

Very well done!

Three amazing builds squeezed into one post - what a waste! We would want to celebrate each of your MOCs separately - they are great!

I love that chess set - and the chateaus/castles especially with that beautiful garden are magnificent!

I think the Petite Malmaison is my favorite. The enclosed garden is very well done and I just like the asymmetry of the two sides.

So much to love about all three builds.  I especially like the use of those transparent pieces for the conservatory!

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly