Sign in to follow this  
Karalora

Getting Rid of Old Colors

I'm in the process of rearranging storage of my collection, and one of my goals is to get rid of all the parts in old brown and gray (light and dark), since these colors are discontinued. As I go, I am adding them to my Bricklink store, Karalora's Brick Bargains, but I thought I'd ask the more experienced folks here if this is the best way to go.

Would I be more likely to find buyers selling them as a big lot on eBay?

Or should I shrug and drop them off at the local Goodwill depot?

Well, I definitely wouldn't just dump them.  There are definitely still people who want the old colors (I use the old gray in particular to add weathering effects to some MOCs, etc.), but the question is how long you want to hold on to it and wait to see which specific parts people end up buying.

The best middle ground is probably to do a bulk eBay lot for old gray and old brown and see what they go for.  A whole lot less overhead, and at least then it'll all be off your hands and into a loving home, even if you didn't squeeze out every possible cent from the sale.  :wink:

I say keep ‘e, in your Bricklink store!  If the price is right, they will move nice and fast!!!

On 1/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

I say keep ‘e, in your Bricklink store!  If the price is right, they will move nice and fast!!!

My standard practice is to look up the average price for each part and set it at 20% below that, but so far I have had very few nibbles.

Depending on what you have I would take it off your hands. I still build in the old colors. 

I have all kinds of parts. You can see what I've uploaded so far in my Bricklink shop, Karalora's Brick Bargains, but there's lots more to come. I keep finding more as I sort!

DM me if you might be interested in cutting to the chase and buying the lot off me. Once I have everything sorted, I'll weigh them up, take photos, etc., and we can negotiate.

I've actually pulled most of the old gray and brown since I've been discussing a sale privately with another member. Some of them may end up going back in, depending on what agreement we come to.

On the other hand, I've been continuing to add this and that as I sort through my collection and make decisions about what I do and don't want to keep. For example, I put some small Adventurers sets and quite a few individual minifigs up today.

The current auction ends tomorrow. So far I have no bids. Am I asking too much? If so, I'll drop it down when I renew the listing.

Sign in to follow this