Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[MMM] The Charity of Luna

The Church of Sol and Luna is a duotheistic religion that worships gods represented by the sun and the moon. Sometimes it is referred to as the Church of Two Coins, as Sol or the sun is represented by a gold coin and Luna or the moon is represented by a silver coin.

Sol is highly regarded by farmers who depend on the sun for their crops to grow. Mariners tend to favor Luna, who controls the tides and provides the stars for navigation.

While the assignment of a gold coin for Sol and a silver coin for Luna would appear to slight Luna, the two gods are of equal importance; the occasional eclipse is Luna’s way of reminding worshippers of that.

Those from outside Eslandola might be shocked to learn that a principle teaching of the church is charity, as one should give thanks for each gold piece Sol provides by giving away a silver piece to honor Luna.

While increased giving frequently occurs after an eclipse, the main holiday of giving occurs at the first full moon after the winter solstice. It is considered one of the holiest nights of the year in the church, honoring Luna and the charity she inspires. In the days between the solstice and the full moon, followers donate to local charities. On the night of the full moon -- Merrynight -- followers give presents to the needy and help feed the hungry.

As a church member, Governor Guilder faithfully gives to the needy. With the full moon of Merrynight rising in the sky, Guilder, decked out in a green holiday suit, is busy at the Weelond orphanage. He has already delivered a large roasting bird and other food for a big holiday meal, and now he has a wagon full of more food supplies -- and other surprises for the orphans. Guilder directs his helpers to unload the wagon while, because he doesn’t want to flaunt his charity work publicly, he puts on a cap and fake beard to hide his identity from the kids.

01b_unloading.jpg

Inside, while some of the kids are still eating, the disguised Guilder hands out presents!

02_inside.jpg

The head mistress of the orphanage can’t recall seeing the children so happy, and is grateful the governor believes in the charity of Luna this Merrynight.

---

The full build:

03a_full.jpg

Some additional pictures:

Spoiler

01a_unloading.jpg

03b_full_in.jpg

03c_full_out.jpg

above.jpg

Nice house and floor. Great writing too and the gov. Guilder looks good in the traditional green costume.:laugh:

Great scene and two AMAZING shots. Wonderful, I love it!

I can't even decide whether I prefer the exterior or the interior.

Edited by Elostirion

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:08 AM, Bodi said:

Nice house and floor. Great writing too and the gov. Guilder looks good in the traditional green costume.:laugh:

Thanks! The floor exhausted a lot of my tile selection. As for the governor in green, I like to think of him here as Guilder Claus. :pir-grin:

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice festive and colorful atmosphere and nice write up on the new BoBS religion!

Thanks! I think we need some counterpoints to the Faith in the game.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, Elostirion said:

Great scene and two AMAZING shots. Wonderful, I love it!

I can't even decide whether I prefer the exterior or the interior.

Thank you! FWIW, the build started as only the interior, but I realized it would be better if I included the exterior scene, both visually and for storytelling.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Im really loving the way the supports play into the wall so well... I think this is my fav so far

Thanks! I've been playing with those supports in a couple of other builds over the past few months, and working them in logically was one of my goals here.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I think we need some counterpoints to the Faith in the game.

Infidel! Guaaaards!!!

28 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Infidel! Guaaaards!!!

This is why my sigfig's family fled Oleon in his youth! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

This is why my sigfig's family fled Oleon in his youth! :pir-grin:

Por Zeus! Now that explains a lot! :tongue:

Governor Guilder's disguise - :rofl:  Nice scene, Capt. Wolf, as others have said, both the interior and outside are really nicely done! :thumbup:

A great entry Capt Wolf both interior and exterior (I really need to get some more of those reddish brown cross beams!) I like the story and concept and Governor Guilder is brilliant in his costume! A great entry.