Absolutly stunning from an technical and esthetical point of view. 

The smooth movement is also impressive for such an huge creation. 

Kudos for creating one of my favourite mocs ever! 

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Absolutly stunning from an technical and esthetical point of view. 

The smooth movement is also impressive for such an huge creation. 

Kudos for creating one of my favourite mocs ever! 

Thanx a lot man

ANNOUNCEMENT.

New videos coming soon.

Full run controlled by the Auto Run Module.

And a new ride video with new crosslighting and smoke

24 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Came across this from 2010. Far simpler/smaller, but still cool to see another version:

That one is also cool. Good  compact mechanics. There are several Lego Polyps around. But not in the scale i build

Yours is far above and beyond anything which is out there. Has been really enjoyable watching your progress through the building process.

15 minutes ago, Ankoku said:

Yours is far above and beyond anything which is out there. Has been really enjoyable watching your progress through the building process.

Thnx a lot man. And guess what.

There is more to come.

My plan is to rebuild the excentric  more compact and better lift. I want the head in bigger angle

I really love to see how this project is becoming bigger and bigger!

The video is awesome. But I noticed the carts are a little high from the floor. Even when the head position is down.

Questions:

- Did you use any silicon spray or oil on gears and maybe other parts?
- I'm very curious to how you made the slipring on the main cylinder. Especially the drag contacts, what do you use for that? Carbon brushes or copper? Do you experience some voltage drop while using the slipring?
- The autorun module is genius! But are you still able to manually control it? It would be awesome if you were able to switch between auto and manual mode! :)
- If you are going to change the angle of the lift / head, how do you keep control over the right height for the arms?

Very curious to the next video(s)!

7 hours ago, Subblaffer said:

I really love to see how this project is becoming bigger and bigger!

The video is awesome. But I noticed the carts are a little high from the floor. Even when the head position is down.

Questions:

- Did you use any silicon spray or oil on gears and maybe other parts?
- I'm very curious to how you made the slipring on the main cylinder. Especially the drag contacts, what do you use for that? Carbon brushes or copper? Do you experience some voltage drop while using the slipring?
- The autorun module is genius! But are you still able to manually control it? It would be awesome if you were able to switch between auto and manual mode! :)
- If you are going to change the angle of the lift / head, how do you keep control over the right height for the arms?

Very curious to the next video(s)!

Jo! Thnx.

The seats are indeed a bit to high from the floor. I am adjusting that right now. My plan is to use actuators that holds the arms (,easy to adjust). The whole mid section will be rebuild.

About yr questions:

No silicon spray is used.

My experience is that spray or lube attract dust and moist.

The turntable on the head (type 3) is perfect. When its run oit, i easy can replace it.

2 pieced of half beams 4l with copperfoil on it does the job. No brushes. Perfect conductive and no volt drop. I will add a picture today here.

I have a manual controldevice next to the autorun module.

The video of the run with the Auto run module is in progress.

And indeedz my plan is to make a switch on it for changing.

Ny changibg the angle of the head i also need to change the connection of the arm.(higher connecting point)

17 hours ago, Subblaffer said:

This is how the slipring /  drag contact looks like. very simple actually. 

49060996102_87f3e9786f_c.jpg

Edited by Techniccrack

6 hours ago, Subblaffer said:

Thanks for showing. Clever solution!

I was wondering; What do you use for powering the whole thing? Do you use a specific power supply?

For the lightning astandard 12 volts 3000 mah adapter 

The main drive 12 volts 2250 mah adapter with a motordriver with potentiometer

Excentric and low cilinder 6 volts adapter 2000 mah

Stagelights on a 12 volt adapter 1000 mah

Edited by Techniccrack

hello, I'm a fan of your beautiful work on this Lego polyp!  well done !  Could you send me the file that you used to make the rack ring around the yellow ring?  I would like to use it for a personal creation.  thank you.

hi, my project is a rough copy with some design and power changes (sbrick and lipo 3s 11v).  my goal is to understand and admire the moving parts.  I also finished this project and another one too.

No. Im alive and well. But due to corona and the loss of my father last year, the build is on hold for a wile. My plan is to be prepared for the next Lego Exhibition but everything is canceled now.

So...more to come, but not yet.

Ps: the polyp still exist, but now on the workbench: )

Edited by Techniccrack

I am glad to hear that you are alive and well. My condolences on the passing of your father.

Whenever the next Lego Exhibitation comes, I hope it goes well.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:05 AM, Techniccrack said:

Final video Viral.

I proudly presents: Final Run of the Turbo Spider.

Ofcourse the model will be upgraded.

But Here is the result of 4 years building and developing.

tip: Watch the whole video:)

I missed this completely first time round... this my friend is truly awesome. Absolutely magnificent. I'm watching the video again as i was blown away by it!! Totally brilliant, sorry i missed it before....

On 3/17/2021 at 9:37 PM, TeamThrifty said:

I missed this completely first time round... this my friend is truly awesome. Absolutely magnificent. I'm watching the video again as i was blown away by it!! Totally brilliant, sorry i missed it before....

No problem man!

On 3/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, Techniccrack said:

No. Im alive and well. But due to corona and the loss of my father last year, the build is on hold for a wile. My plan is to be prepared for the next Lego Exhibition but everything is canceled now.

So...more to come, but not yet.

Ps: the polyp still exist, but now on the workbench: )

Sorry for you loss man.

I'm glad to hear that the Polyp still exists.
I really hope to see it one day!

Hi everyone,

Iam back to business with the Turbo Spider.

The project was stopped due issues in the family, corona and more things.

This year i finally was be able to work on the model. This year is also the LegoWorld here in the Netherlands so it made me push myself to get te model off the shelf again.

it was (is) in 20 pieces on the workbench since the last exhibition.

The last run was in october 2019 and i notice there awere still a LOT of issues with the model, so iam upgrading the model now.

The main drive system was "ticking", the lift was ticking, the crosses were rotating very wobbly, the auto run module was not working the way i wanted, the excentric wasnt very reliable and the fences were not what i had in mind.

So......i upgrades are these things, getting rid of the flaws, making it better.

The auto run module is rebuild completely in a more efficient way

This week i will post the progress photos

To be continued!