I was referring to the monster 3 - I thought you were taking that model as a base. The rotation is hidden there. Don't be offended. I love your work. Just pointing out some things I notice.

A little update.

REBUILDING THE MAIN CHASSIS

Last weeks a had to move to another room with my project.

And a big sort out of parts last few weeks

Like i explained earlier, the 2 rotating armcrosses are driven by the gearsystem throught the center unit due the rotation the main cilinder.

This main cilinder is driven by 2 XL motors.

When i connect the 4 other arms to the main arms (ARM - DRIVEARM - ARM)   (ARM - DRIVEARM - ARM), the xl motors are to weak to handle the torc and weight.

So i am rebuilding the main chassis.

Every drive tire on the main cilinder will be driven by 1 xl motor with there own batterybox

4 XL motors on the main cilinder are powerfull enough to handle it.

also the motor that drive the lower cinlinder will be replace by 2 XL motors.

Double the power, double the lifetime of the motor..

heres a photo of the new main chassis frame (building in progress)

39573447860_929ee77208_z.jpg

A little explanation:

there a 6 XL motors. 3 on each side of the frame

the 4 motors on the corners drives the tires on the main cilinder

the 2 motors in the middle are driving the gears on the lower cilinder (2 gears per motor)

These 2 motors has a double function

The "gearboxes" in the frame select the function

Function 1: the motor drives the lower cilinder gear

Function 2: the motor drives the drivetrain for the transport modules that will be connected on each side of the frame.

The polyp will be transported so a little extra help for transporting the whole model is needed

To be continued

Edited by Techniccrack

That looks really good, but you should consider replacing the yellow knob gears with actual toothed gears since the amount of teeth matters in how how easy it is for the motor to deliver the torque. Sure, the 12t bevel gears have small teeth and looks weak, but they're quite strong and you will find that your finished ride will run a lot smoother.

13 minutes ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

That looks really good, but you should consider replacing the yellow knob gears with actual toothed gears since the amount of teeth matters in how how easy it is for the motor to deliver the torque. Sure, the 12t bevel gears have small teeth and looks weak, but they're quite strong and you will find that your finished ride will run a lot smoother.

Thnx for the comment. the yellow knob gear is purely for the transport of horizontal to vertical axl.

Since the knob gears has no slop, it works better with the heavy weight of the model (i hate slopping gears)

But i will look at it, so thnx man:thumbup:

9 hours ago, Techniccrack said:

i hate slopping gears

Me too, but @Carsten Svendsen is right. more teeth provide a smoother and more efficient transfer of power.

If you're afraid of slipping gears, i suggest gearing up before the bevel gear set. This method did wonders to the drivetrain of my bucket wheel excavator.

Update

Transport chassis

Last days working on the transport chassis frames.

Mainframe chassis is almost finished.

Here some photos with info:

Mainframe chassis

27609376208_30eb60698d_z.jpg

Foldable supports under the frame (not finished yet, on the sided there will be 4 more)

41480753641_747f8af21e.jpg

41438843392_7261d16d78.jpg

Transport frame:

The 2 detachable transport frames are not finished, but the chassis of it is ready.

Like i mentioned earlier, the 2 middle motors are also the drive motors for the transport frames. 2 axles wil be connected when the detachable frames are connected

41480738231_0dd5b6204f.jpg

41480755601_6ecf89a955.jpg

The truck iam still building. the wheels turn with the turning of the wheels of the truck. 

41480833741_9e349be48c.jpg

to be continued!

Update.

Last weeks very busy with the trailierparts for transport of the model

but now its nearly finished.

Like i explain earlier. the wheels will turn along with turning of the truck in front of the structure.

On the front trailerpart there is a part that will be connected with the pulling truck. when the truck is making a turn all the wheels are turning also for making a normal turn (whole structure including truck is 170 studs long)

That was a bit difficult to accomplish. It took a LOT of gears and time.

26918366297_d86bb1292e_z.jpg

Here a few photos of the progress and a shot from the underside.

Only 4 pins are needed to seperate the parts.

Wheels are not connected, beacuse the wheelhubs are not in the mail yet :)

41068593924_c568a4655e_z.jpg

41068594074_5219ee58dc_z.jpg

40887265325_a2e90c4304_z.jpg

Underside view:

2 wheels for support while driving

41744621812_3426afa583_b.jpg

to be continued

I really like the trailer. What are your plans regarding a tractor/truck?

Looking forward to see all the parts coming together.

The truck is  a short truck that transports the big ball(head) of the model and the cash register.

There will be a second trailer / truck that transports the underframes, the 24 seats, crosses and stageparts.

Edited by Techniccrack

A little update

Just for impression how the model turns out on the trailer.

not finished yet.

the endparts of the sections i will shorten a little. Its empty space.

26951775487_f27a14223c_z.jpg

40921210195_c2ca5ef229_z.jpg

to be continued...

Edited by Techniccrack

Small update

Preparing the lighting on the model

I started with preparing the lighting on the model.

Whole model will be lighten. So i need linear rotation electric contacts

The maincontact is a dragcontact on the side of the main cilinder.

Through this contact the wiring will be split up to the 6 arms and from there split up to the 24 seats.

So i came up with this idea to make a light weight rotation linear contact for the seats (the seats are rotating due central force)

41839608682_445d396861_z.jpg

Needed: thin self adhesive copperfoil, a few thin wires and a little soldering

i tell you guys know how it turns out

to be continued

This entire project is simply mind-blowing. Can't wait to see the final product!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Techniccrack said:

The truck is  a short truck that transports the big ball(head) of the model and the cash register.

There will be a second trailer / truck that transports the underframes, the 24 seats, crosses and stageparts.

You have a lot of work ahead of you. I could never commit to such long and big project, plus I'm not skilled enough. I'm so following this. I'm looking forward to see it all light up.

Edited by pagicence

Trailer update

I have shorten the trailerparts. now its the size of the model.

Heres some progress photos:

Ive added the drivetires for driving the main cilinder. the middle section for the rotation of the centerpart is added.

41199639824_bf606137f6.jpg

Heres is the trailer in 1 piece:

28046589658_25927866a7.jpg

Here is one part seperated:

41917388631_24c4645f42.jpg

Connected the wheels turn all together by steering the pulling truck:

41017909415_a31135595f.jpg

41917388641_0538c3f7ce.jpg

I am still working on cosmetic elements of the trailer parts.

To be  continued!

Edited by Techniccrack

update.

dressing up the trailer parts.

the "resting" hubs for the arms are added.

here some photos:

41881367412_5eabcd89cc.jpg

41881367422_d158dc8f60.jpg

41026280285_553eed1b33.jpg

to be continued

Edited by Techniccrack

Update!

Building the stage

I started with building the stage of the model.

Spreaded out the supports for the baseplates, the trailer main part fits perfectly under the supports.

i stationed the model on a big table, where i build it up further.

There will be 3 stairs and the rest will be fences, 5/8 of the stage will be a wall behind the model with the name of the ride and nice graphics.

stagelights will be added, strobelights and led running and chaser lights. Also the cash register

Here is the picture of the stage for now

41303460054_cb23c74733_z.jpg

41303483434_51a45c93cc_z.jpg

size of the complete stage is 145 studs wide

to be continued!

Edited by Techniccrack

I don't think I've commented before now, but I have been watching this thread with interest. Your project is impressive, not only because of the shear size, but because you are attempting to recreate every single function of the real machine. It's clearly taking a lot of work, but you're showing excellent commitment to the thing. It'll look really impressive when it's running complete with lights and all.

I hope you achieve your goals with this masterpiece. Personally, I can't wait to see it complete!

1 minute ago, ColletArrow said:

I don't think I've commented before now, but I have been watching this thread with interest. Your project is impressive, not only because of the shear size, but because you are attempting to recreate every single function of the real machine. It's clearly taking a lot of work, but you're showing excellent commitment to the thing. It'll look really impressive when it's running complete with lights and all.

I hope you achieve your goals with this masterpiece. Personally, I can't wait to see it complete!

thnx bro, very kind of you!

Also the comments of others, its very helpfull and its getting me more exited to finish up the model

Game changing.  (I hope people laugh at this) but seriously- amazing job. I know a little about amusement rides and you seriously have "swung for the fences" to turn a American phrase. Great work, can't wait to see it finished.