Very interesting build so far. Looking forward to see it in action. Those quartercircles are ideal for the arms :thumbup:, but I don't know yet whether I am sold on all the system and the few 3rd party parts... But I'll hold my horses until I see the final product.

UPDATE

I attached the arms (temporalily connection) to test the lifting of the Polyp.

This is how it looks now

39059673264_acc0d6a1ff_z.jpg

(the batterybox on the side will be replaced by a old style 9 volt battery box, but i dont have the extensioncable to connect it to the receiver :(

So i did a stability test and a speed test and...ofcourse the lifting when in full motion.

The liftrod i replaced by a more stable structure.

(the crosses with the seats are not ready, iam busy building those).

This is test stage 2 of the machine:

enjoy!

Impressive! I do have the impression the motors are moving a bit too fast and they stop a bit too sudden... probably that will still be fixed?

I do think you'll have a problem with the middle structure though. In the real model, there is a diamond shaped structure (de "ton"), I fear your structure is too thick in the middle to replicate this, right?

18 minutes ago, wimpie3 said:

Impressive! I do have the impression the motors are moving a bit too fast and they stop a bit too sudden... probably that will still be fixed?

I do think you'll have a problem with the middle structure though. In the real model, there is a diamond shaped structure (de "ton"), I fear your structure is too thick in the middle to replicate this, right?

The speed of the motors is adjustable. But maybe a will add a a few gears to make the speed just right so that i can activate it by a press of a button.

The sudden stop i will look at it, but i think that wont be a big problem

The middle structure is 21 studs wide.( the batterybox i added is just temporalily.). It "looks" to big but it will be look good with the crosses and seats added on the final model. The model will about 140 studs big  

Here is how the middle "ton" will look like for now (iam adjusting it a little now because of the new lift slider)

39743168962_0df6ee93fa_z.jpg

19 minutes ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Wow that is so cool, I didn't think it would be that easy to replicate that kind of motion in LEGO. I was proven wrong

Believe me, it wasnt easy to create the movement without weight problems and rotation issues:). i rebuild it maybe 12 times

All credits to the curved gearbeams. that what made it possible

Edited by Techniccrack

5 hours ago, wimpie3 said:

How are you going to make the big ball on top and the accordion underneath?

The big ball is nothing more than dressing up the lifthead (the part that connects the lift with the arms).

iam still building that.

No problem at all

Edited by Techniccrack

4 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Perhaps you can consider to implement some kind of a flywheel in order to smoothen the movement and avoid sudden starts/stops.

Iam sure that that will be fixed, bro :), there are several ways to do it

Very fluid movement, especially during lifting! Interesting to see the progression and hope you are going to post more photos of the inner workings.

I build this model for presentation on Legoworld in october here in Holland. 

Plans for another ride not yet.

But if i finish this one succesfully with all the challenges and difficulties in this model, nothing can stop me for building more rides on this size

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear :D

In which city does the exhibition takes place? I live in Germany close to the border to the Netherlands. Perhaps there is a chance for me to visit it.

Edited by Frequenzberater

Ive made my disission.

it will be orange

little update:

Building the seats....repeatbuilding...pff

40057420601_c72836858b_z.jpg

Homer and grandpa are enjoying themselves...(not scale correct but i thought it was nice)

25185080557_f9b62baca3_z.jpg

Progression of the head:

40024525222_0d35762e06_z.jpg

26184178618_949438f120_z.jpg

to be continued

Edited by Techniccrack