Sign in to follow this  
Lord Buckethead

[COR - Era II - Challenge I - Cat. A] The Old Barracks

Major Martha Walsh of the Royal Engineers was the officer selected to lead the Royal Society of Military Sciences's expedition into Celestia. Having graduated from Archeon college in Belson she was offered a commission and from there quickly rose through the ranks, earning acclaim for always completing her projects to a high standard. While she was meant to be on Cocovia working on the wagonway, she was permitted to lead Fernsby's planned expedition into the jungle in his absence however short of suitable residence and criminally underfunded this may very well prove to be the biggest challenge of her career yet.

In the absence of adequate funding the expedition has make do with Jameston's old barracks as a base of operations. The barracks is located on the outskirts of the growing settlement and is all that remains of Jameston's first fort which has since been demolished, However the barracks is not large enough to house the whole expedition and as such some have had to set up tents outside. The expedition also doesn't have the funds to purchase rations for everyone and so the order has been given to live off the land, the soldiers now required to hunt for their own food and gather their own water.

JoXvVlJ.png

For all the doom and gloom though, the expedition remains in high spirits and is ready to set out in to the jungle at a moments notice.as the men gather their meal for the night Major Walsh gives orders to Captain McDowell, second in command of the expedition, in preparation for the planned trek into the jungle.

6D7V0As.jpg

Meanwhile a small party of soldiers returns with the main course.

0X5qlyg.jpg

And the engineers direct their best efforts into retrieving some healthy snacks.

Dramatis Personae

Major Walsh and the Royal Engineers

l73qzci.jpg

Captain McDowell and RSMS soldiers

UWjd44J.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C and C appreciated. Unfortunately I wasn't able to put much into this entry and I also wasn't able to build in the Jameston style due to a few limitations but hopefully wou will find my Cat. B entries a bit better,

A very nice entry Lord Buckethead, and I think it fits nicely with Jameston's style - which is a mix anyway! But then the government buildings have tended to be more white so far, so I actually think this is perfect! It's a nice clean building and it contrasts well with the thick green vegetation.

I got one of Major Walsh's torso a while ago and wondered if it would be any good for BoBS, so interesting to see it here. Also your collection of Bobby helmets is impressive as always, although one of those engineers looks suspiciously like Colonel Allcock in disguise! :pir-laugh: A good look expedition over all and maybe they'll cross paths out there with my own!

I really like the overall composition of elements and the amount of effort that went into making this an absolutely well-rounded MOC without any flaws. Great job!

A nice, solid moc! I like the barracks and the tent but above all I liked the close up of the two different soldier types (especially the captain of the engineers- very nice torso and legs selection). Bananas for breakfast, bananas for lunch, bananas for supper, bananas, bananas, bananas... :wacko:

On 12 January 2018 at 2:42 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Has the means to he a nice out post

Thanks.

On 12 January 2018 at 6:14 PM, Ayrlego said:

A very nice entry Lord Buckethead, and I think it fits nicely with Jameston's style - which is a mix anyway! But then the government buildings have tended to be more white so far, so I actually think this is perfect! It's a nice clean building and it contrasts well with the thick green vegetation.

I got one of Major Walsh's torso a while ago and wondered if it would be any good for BoBS, so interesting to see it here. Also your collection of Bobby helmets is impressive as always, although one of those engineers looks suspiciously like Colonel Allcock in disguise! :pir-laugh: A good look expedition over all and maybe they'll cross paths out there with my own!

Thanks Ayrlego, I had seen the other white buildings in Jameston but for some reason I assumed they were Port Woodhouse builds. I wasn't too sure whether to keep the building clean or add some masonry bricks to make it feel dirtier. I chose clean because I didn't know how I would add masonry bricks to the round edges.

I had a few of the Ninjago movie General torsos but I wasn't sure how useful they would be due to the..uh feminine curves. It wasn't until I saw it in a build by I think it was @Drunknok that I decide to use it. With the engineers I just gave them random heads from my collection so yeah I think one ended up with the head from Monster Fighters. Just to be crystal clear it is isn't Alcock, we want no more arguments about Role Play etiquette, right?

On 15 January 2018 at 4:44 AM, Elostirion said:

I really like the overall composition of elements and the amount of effort that went into making this an absolutely well-rounded MOC without any flaws. Great job!

Thanks ? 

On 21 January 2018 at 11:59 PM, blackdeathgr said:

A nice, solid moc! I like the barracks and the tent but above all I liked the close up of the two different soldier types (especially the captain of the engineers- very nice torso and legs selection). Bananas for breakfast, bananas for lunch, bananas for supper, bananas, bananas, bananas... :wacko:

Thanks BD, and who wouldn't love bananas for every meal of the day? They're a healthy snack with lots of nutritional value.