14 hours ago, JTS said:

Holy hell it's gorgeous! I especially like the use of panels to style inside the door shuts :thumbup:

Thanks @JTS! It was a different approach that I took on that one...

5 hours ago, mandylion7 said:

That looks brutal as hell! Beautiful!

Thanks!! I tried to apply all the aggressive lines into the Centenario to be true to its legacy.

@technic_addict, I've revised the doors for minimal gap. Guys, what are your thoughts? Before or after?

I must admit, the new door design actually works better than the previous version...

38997111324_7da10134b7_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- new doors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

39706117951_59d513944f_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- new doors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The door has a different look to it when open now because the top panel has been switched for the opposite side. There is a small gap in the door now as seen below...

It is only noticeable when open.

25834112938_f6cefc43ed_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- new doors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

39706118071_f8b1b71957_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- new doors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

9 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

I've revised the doors for minimal gap. Guys, what are your thoughts? Before or after?

I must admit, the new door design actually works better than the previous version...

The door has a different look to it when open now because the top panel has been switched for the opposite side. There is a small gap in the door now as seen below...

It is only noticeable when open.

The gap looks much less now!  I flipped between the pictures and can't really see the different look between them.

I've been looking at this a little more trying to grasp why I feel the model is not accurate. But I think I know why; the hood is much too long compared too the front window. In the real model the front window is more curved and surpasses the front wheel axes. That makes the hood look much shorter than in your replica.

359916-GTA5-2016-10-03-12-52-27-147.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

21 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I've been looking at this a little more trying to grasp why I feel the model is not accurate. But I think I know why; the hood is much too long compared too the front window. In the real model the front window is more curved and surpasses the front wheel axes. That makes the hood look much shorter than in your replica.

Hello @Didumos69, thanks for the suggest, but as you can see below, the front window is exactly where it should be. The real issue as stated before was the width. You can see my model is narrower than the real car, this is the issue. The photo you provided above is a skewed angle of the car. And trust me, this car has angles. Maybe more so the window is too long above. 

39676139082_c984523c55_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- top view overlay by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

I think the original has a curvy hood, which makes it look smaller than what actually is.

The other issue is that the front nose is a stud longer.

Anyway, this is not the scaling model sub-forum, but the technic one. I like to view creations with emphasis on mechanical aspects, performance and the creativity of the designer rather than how well it captures every angle and aspect ratio of the original.

That's my two cents.

Edited by Mysh

Just now, Mysh said:

I like to view creations emphasizing more on mechanical aspects, performance and the creativity of the designer rather than how well it captures every angle and aspect ratio of the original.

These are my sentiments exactly :)

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

Hello @Didumos69, thanks for the suggest, but as you can see below, the front window is exactly where it should be. The real issue as stated before was the width. You can see my model is narrower than the real car, this is the issue. The photo you provided above is a skewed angle of the car. And trust me, this car has angles. Maybe more so the window is too long above. 

Okay, that makes sense, although... When I look at your comparison image I"d say the front section of the body has the correct width. But the image also shows the nose of your replica is one stud too long. In addition, the bottom line of the front window in your replica sits one stud behind the line that marks the beginning of the hood in the real model. This makes the perceived window-hood border one stud off too. This is not wrong or something, I'm just trying to rationalize how I perceive this model.

1 hour ago, Mysh said:

I like to view creations with emphasis on mechanical aspects, performance and the creativity of the designer rather than how well it captures every angle and aspect ratio of the original.

I like to do that too, but when a car is meant to be a replica of a real model and I feel something is off, I also try to rationalize my perception.

Edited by Didumos69

This is awesome. For me its a showcase on aesthetics, i know you mention its width is slightly off... but thats small potatoes compared to the amazing result you've achieved. I've responded to a different thread saying that i find technical solutions more interesting than aesthetics, but this is a rare exception to that rule. Its magnificent. 

I'll let other discuss scale, for me, i love the final result.

I think if you're criticising the scale, you are really cherry picking. To me it doesn't matter. If you build a small scale beautiful thing I say bravo. If you're building it big and beautiful packed with load of details I say well done as well. It is completely up to author and what he or she likes best. I built a large scale wartime Opel Blitz which everybody praised and it was blogged all over internet and even though among all the Opel Blitz trucks this one was the only big one, someone actually said: "too bad it isn't minifig scaled" :grin:

It's hard to satisfy all... But at least all comments mean well and are honest.

If there is one thing no one mentioned before... I would prefer a different color, maybe orange or red.

On 2018-01-15 at 12:32 PM, Didumos69 said:

This is not wrong or something, I'm just trying to rationalize how I perceive this model.

I like to do that too, but when a car is meant to be a replica of a real model and I feel something is off, I also try to rationalize my perception.

Hey @Didumos69, yes I find myself rationalizing space and perception as well. It’s what makes us tick, as designers. I guess sometimes I’ve satisfied most of the requirements on my build, and those last 5-10% of the visual queues I have trouble noticing / changing for the better. Still learning ?

On 2018-01-15 at 2:20 PM, TeamThrifty said:

This is awesome. For me its a showcase on aesthetics, i know you mention its width is slightly off... but thats small potatoes compared to the amazing result you've achieved. I've responded to a different thread saying that i find technical solutions more interesting than aesthetics, but this is a rare exception to that rule. Its magnificent. 

I'll let other discuss scale, for me, i love the final result.

@TeamThrifty - thanks for the comments. Cheers!

7 hours ago, mandylion7 said:

I think if you're criticising the scale, you are really cherry picking. To me it doesn't matter. If you build a small scale beautiful thing I say bravo. If you're building it big and beautiful packed with load of details I say well done as well. It is completely up to author and what he or she likes best. I built a large scale wartime Opel Blitz which everybody praised and it was blogged all over internet and even though among all the Opel Blitz trucks this one was the only big one, someone actually said: "too bad it isn't minifig scaled" :grin:

Hey @mandylion7! I find I can never satisfy all, as everyone has different perception of what they feel is good or bad on a build. And in such a large scale, there is much more to discuss. None the less thanks for the feedback ?

2 hours ago, Mysh said:

It's hard to satisfy all... But at least all comments mean well and are honest.

If there is one thing no one mentioned before... I would prefer a different color, maybe orange or red.

Yes, honest feedback from all thanks!! My brother @DugaldIC and I have some more joint builds coming this year, very pumped to work on them with him. Regarding the color... There aren't much options. I have used SO many black specific parts its not really possible to be different. 

Edited by Lox Lego

Hey! I've just finished the instructions for the Lamborghini Centenario. 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-12560/Loxlego/lamborghini-centenario/#comments

This car can be built in Blue trim as well...

Just switch out these parts below:

39046615185_eb6cd43356_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- blue version by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

38959534334_0df29724db_b.jpgLamborghini Centenario- outdoors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego