[Instruction] UCS First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer

UPDATE:

Instruction avaiable - at BrickVault

33827721588_e5bb32a9af_c.jpg

UCS First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer by Kommander, auf Flickr

Size: 109cm x 52cm x 25cm

Parts: 7855

47715261441_05eca30ed0_b.jpg

LEGO STAR WARS UCS FO Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Render by Kommander, auf Flickr

46788923005_da047f69da_b.jpg

33827721288_a3bf3fdbda_b.jpg

And some instruction pages.

Spoiler

40740127873_acdf9b3b48_b.jpg

Instruction by Kommander, auf Flickr

You can find more pictures HERE

Original post:

Hey Eurobricks

I wanna share with you my new project - a First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer in UCS-scale.

To avoid another long time MOC in WIP Nirvana I started this time with little help from LDD. Dimensions, main frame, angles... took me about a year to set these parts. Because of the LDD file I generated instructions and and part lists for me.

On the picture you can see an early version of the ship and one of the latest with much more details. For the moment only one digital render of the ship.

25730085408_fa62a59548_k.jpg

There will be some adjustments/tweaks in the "real" version but most of it works fine for me. I already finished the main frame with the instructions... and its good!:wink:

More pictures will be on flickr

Greetings Kommander

Edited by Kommander

It's coming out really good. Are you planning to release the LDD/instruction files when you complete the model?

Looks great! Also good work on updating the models, the second one looks much better then the first one, the tiles give it a nice finished look!

Hey!

Thank you for the positiv feedback folks!

21 hours ago, G59 said:

Great design sir, well done.

How many pieces?

Around 7900 bricks at version 2.06. But some parts are missing. So the final MOC should have 9000 pieces.

19 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

well done.  what are the dimensions?

Not final numbers here as well but ~ 90cm x 40cm x 30cm.

18 hours ago, Zyslium said:

It's coming out really good. Are you planning to release the LDD/instruction files when you complete the model?

I`m pretty sure I can do this.

greetings Kommander

Heyho EB!

Here are the first shots of my WIP with Legos. Everything looks fine so far but some elements will be changed during the building process. It already reaches a length of 1 meter.

The next step will be the engine section. Just waiting for the next wave of parts and some free time to spent it.

40082121344_68972d6e23_b.jpg

40082126724_60ecee91e7_b.jpg

40082132744_53a9d4a469_z.jpg

Greetings Kommander

Edited by Kommander

That Resurgent is incredible, its the best and most accurate one I've seen so far and I want one, will you make instructions for it once you have finished? I would love to see someone make The MC85 Raddus in the same size to compare.

Hello again!

On 13.3.2018 at 10:16 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Wow, awesome can’t wait to see more the detailing is fantastic!

On 25.3.2018 at 6:21 PM, RoleKeeper said:

Wow That is going to be a beast.

Thank you guys! :laugh:

19 hours ago, Its_Marc said:

That Resurgent is incredible, its the best and most accurate one I've seen so far and I want one, will you make instructions for it once you have finished? I would love to see someone make The MC85 Raddus in the same size to compare.

I already thought about the Raddus in same scale as my Resurgent SD. But first things first... The Resurgent isnt finished yet and my focus should be on this beauty.^^

When this ship is complete in real life I guess I reverse engineer it for a good instruction.

Greetings Kommander

15 hours ago, Kommander said:

I already thought about the Raddus in same scale as my Resurgent SD. But first things first... The Resurgent isnt finished yet and my focus should be on this beauty.

I know that the Resurgent is 2.9k in cannon, and the Raddus is 3.4k, which means it would be bigger, would you do then size accurate version to each other or would you scale it down?

Heyho!

Next building marathon starts next week. Just have to make some orders at Bricklink.

4 hours ago, Its_Marc said:

I know that the Resurgent is 2.9k in cannon, and the Raddus is 3.4k, which means it would be bigger, would you do then size accurate version to each other or would you scale it down?

I would scale it up but this isn´t the tricky part cause MonCal ships have this very unique curvy form...

1 hour ago, sokewl said:

What is the size?

The ship´s final size will be around 1 meter in length, 0.4 meters width.

Greetings Kommander

Good morning!

The past days I continued my building progress with the engine and the upper plating. Also the dome at the underside which I guess you can only barely see on the pictures. 

Meanwhile the silhouette approachs the shape of the battlecruiser and its better then I thought. I changed some details on the plating and started the superstructure on top as well. This part will be done during in next update.

And dont worry the gaps will be fixed and also the details are not final.

41767248002_94ab20ece5_b.jpg

41092367684_ca43082186_b.jpg

41767246792_054dafe284_b.jpg

HERE you can find some more pictures!

Greetings Kommander

She's looking really good and sleek, can't wait to see it done, also how does the underside look?

Edited by Its_Marc

Lookin' good.  Keep it up.  Makes me wanna fly my X-Wing in there and blow up shield generators. :)

Very nice. Keep going and you might be the one that makes me like this destroyer design :D So far I wasn't overly impressed (movie, pictures) but I totally love your build!

On 1.5.2018 at 10:33 AM, Its_Marc said:

She's looking really good and sleek, can't wait to see it done, also how does the underside look?

I noticed the sleekness really looks better than expected and will be adjusted a bit more.

The underside is similar to the upper plating. It also will be upgraded to make it smooth.

On 1.5.2018 at 5:58 PM, xadrian said:

Lookin' good.  Keep it up.  Makes me wanna fly my X-Wing in there and blow up shield generators. :)

Thank you! The next update will add some more weapons to destroy rebel scum:wink:

14 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Very nice. Keep going and you might be the one that makes me like this destroyer design :D So far I wasn't overly impressed (movie, pictures) but I totally love your build!

Thanks... I am pretty sure the end result will change your mind of this beauty!

Greetings Kommander