Kommander

[Instruction] UCS First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer

Hello!

Still waiting for my bricklink orders to be shipped. When arrived I will go on with the building the next days.

Greetings Kommander

Hey!

Some new progress

The hull has been changed again but I am not that satisfied with it. I guess it will be updated again several times. Instead of the bulky slopes the middle section (dock-trench idk...) will be changed for those wedge-tiles which looks a lot smoother. For comparision the first large "cut" is already built this way.

Not seen on the pictures are the joints for the upper and under hull-plating on the frame. I reworked it so the angle fits perfect together as far as I can judge. It was difficult but this little change was definitely worth it.

The ship so far is suprisingly sturdy and the under hull doesnt hang down which is perfect.

Fotostream

41787492105_a61c713fc2_b.jpg

42687218121_2e33d693be_b.jpg

42687220721_8b22e53908_b.jpg

Fotostream

Greetings Kommander

If the ship is around 9000 pieces, I'd say that the parts would cost around $1000

Hello again!

Today I would like to spread some updates due to my Stardestroyer.

The upper photo is a real WIP of the ventral side. During this state I managed to find the right angle for the platings and also to connect them save to the main construction.

It worked out pretty well and after this, on the second photo, I prepared the precise shape and added details.

The stand is temporary and will be reworked.

31726390738_a6a5a30e5f_c.jpg

UCS Resurgent-class Star Destroyer

Also I revised my CAD model of the ship and start a suitable instruction of my Resurgent-class SD... I reduced the total parts (7109 pieces), tweaking some issues...

Basically, my ship almost reached the completion but for now I have to postpone the final steps.

Greetings Kommander

Edited by Kommander

This is beautiful. As someone who only occasionally plays around with LDD a bit I can only dream to be this good at building ships. Excellent work. This is one of those creations which I would easily rate 10/10. :blush:

Long time no see Resurgent-Thread!

On 10/29/2018 at 12:30 AM, Hollander said:

This is beautiful. As someone who only occasionally plays around with LDD a bit I can only dream to be this good at building ships. Excellent work. This is one of those creations which I would easily rate 10/10. :blush:

Thank you very much Sir! I ´also´ started without any knowledge about designing with LDD later LDCad. I am pretty sure if you take your time designing you also can get a nice result.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:48 AM, Ellisss_2 said:

Looks fantastic, you’ve achieved a really great shape with the ball!

And it wasnt that difficult at all:laugh:

On 2/13/2019 at 6:59 PM, Its_Marc said:

Any new progress?

YES

The completion of this project is almost done. The building progress already ended in January.

This is the first complete version of my Star Destroyer. The final ship has received a better surface structure and I am gonna post more footage as soon as possible. Just take this as a preview.

33652419138_388bfc63ba_b.jpg

(Above the Resurgent is my wrapped Venator:laugh:)

Flickr here

Greetings Kommander

Hey everyone,

today I can present you my Star Destroyer!

Instruction avaiable - at BrickVault

33827721588_e5bb32a9af_c.jpg

UCS First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer by Kommander, auf Flickr

47715261441_05eca30ed0_c.jpg

LEGO STAR WARS UCS FO Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Render by Kommander, auf Flickr

For the people prefer watching videos instead of reading my post here you go. Just for fun I recommend watching the ending of the video: BrickVault crushed the whole front of the Resurgent-class by mistake ?

I shed a tear.

Sadly, In contrast to the original ISD the RSD isn´t as popular in terms of Lego MOCs.

Despite the triangular geometry that every SD shares – the Resugent-class belongs to the more complex constructions. The prominent “mouth” together with the layered and shifted upper part really limited the building space in the nose area.

46788923005_da047f69da_b.jpg

I could save my MOC from the pitiful life of the old UCS 10030. Really good sturdiness and no danger of falling plating at the ventral side. Easily moveable – you can carry it with your arms!

The surface was a long-lasting area I was struggling with. I just couldn´t find a for me suitable solution. I wanted to combine studs and tiles in a way that the ship looks sleek but not without losing the studs as a topological element. As you know the Resurgent-class design decorate many different levels and angles at the hull and with the studs I managed to add at least those flat accents.

Even with the UCS size I set it was very difficult to scale down details cause the ship is as near as double the length of an ISD - especially with the amount of different levels the upper part has.

33827721288_a3bf3fdbda_b.jpg

40738654573_d8e5086b09_b.jpg

And some instruction pages.

Spoiler

40740127873_acdf9b3b48_b.jpg

Instruction by Kommander, auf Flickr

For everyone thinking about instruction-making: Do not underestimate the effort of making an instruction. Needless to say, the guys at BrickVault were very patient with it.

It was the first time for me creating something like that. Considering the over 7800 parts need to be placed with a suitable view, a lot of tweaking, … I think I did well.

You can find more pictures HERE.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards Kommander

Edited by Kommander

Congratulations in finishing your work, it's an awesome design I love the constant subtle detail throughout! I like the unique way you tackled this build too, not using a conventional frame like 10030.

Was wondering when we were going to see more of this build, I guess this explains it! I love the use of the car doors for the criss-crossing/truss-shaped hangar entrance things. I think that was a really important part of it to get right (along with the front, in general) since it's one of the few details of the ship that gets highlighted on screen.

Thank you guys!

22 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Congratulations in finishing your work, it's an awesome design I love the constant subtle detail throughout! I like the unique way you tackled this build too, not using a conventional frame like 10030.

Even though these challenges are fun to archive - Trying to set those fundamental standards of such a build is a lot of work especially because when there is no reference material to look at.

2 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Was wondering when we were going to see more of this build, I guess this explains it! I love the use of the car doors for the criss-crossing/truss-shaped hangar entrance things. I think that was a really important part of it to get right (along with the front, in general) since it's one of the few details of the ship that gets highlighted on screen.

Yeah. Sometimes the best solution is the easiest.

Greetings Kommander