Wellcome to Eurobricks @moi12 :classic:

Can you please post some images if your work? To help you a little bit; for posting images use image hosting on servers like bricksafe.com, flickr.com, brickshelf.com to easy link images (with max size 1024) to your posts

I actually like it better with no images whatsoever. This way, everyone can imagine the model for himself.

15 minutes ago, Sariel said:

I actually like it better with no images whatsoever. This way, everyone can imagine the model for himself.

:laugh: not all of us have this visionary capabilities

20 minutes ago, Sariel said:

"sarcasm"^^ I would love to see this model.

Edited by Aventador2004

1 hour ago, moi12 said:

strv 103 model 

working drive, steering and suspension

Yeah, hopefully some images will appear. You can use any image hosting site, upload your photos there, and post the link here.
If you need any help, ask!

17 hours ago, TheNextLegoDesinger said:

can't wait for pictures as i play worldof tanks where i am grinding towards that awsome tank

I have the Strv. S1, I can say it is rather unique to play with the siege mode, It requires some planning as to where to set up, and when to flee, though the speed is nice.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

4 hours ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I have the Strv. S1, I can say it is rather unique to play with the siege mode, It requires some planning as to where to set up, and when to flee, though the speed is nice.

yeah, i didn't want to buy it until i have udes as i don't want to buy a tank that i might not like to play.

I find it interesting how the lack of anything on this topic has made a nice conversation, completely unrelated to Lego, emerge.

Yes, but let's wait for OP to post some pictures (if he returns), before we make more comments.

26 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

Well presented MOCs have received less responses. 

Boulderer, did you read my previous comment?

Here's the photo for convenience. 

4698af7acda39801402caa63ec7f9024.jpg?1515664663.1913834

I downloaded the LDD file. Some parts of it might be flimsy.

I don't see what the Servo and other L-Motor do. I also don't see where the springs for suspension would go. 

According to Rebrickable there are a few small color errors. 

33 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I don't see what the Servo and other L-Motor do. I also don't see where the springs for suspension would go. 

According to Rebrickable there are a few small color errors. 

The L motor appears to be for a pneumatic pump, and the servo would be for the valve. As with this vehicle uses a hydropneumatic suspension. The suspension arms would have small pneumatic cylinders. as I wondered why the suspension swing arms are facing backwards instead of their correct orientation.

I would suggest with this model that it will be underpowered due to the L motors, it would be easier to just easier to mount XL motors directly to the rear idlers, or use a 3:1 ratio, as it appears to be enough space for that between the sides of the hull. If the suspension arms were located as they should be on the real vehicle, this would solve the issues with space for the motors. And you could interlink the arms with a 3:1 gearing between the two, and only use one pneumatic cylinder per 2 suspension arms, however this would require a large cylinder instead. See the layout from the internals of my STRV. 103C below.

Here's the progress that I got to on the file of it prior to giving up on it, as I wasn't impressed enough with the performance of the transmission, it resulted in lots of slipping, and the suspension was burdened too much by the weight. I have more photos of the rest of the model if you want, showing all of the internal and external assemblies, which I had intended to use for making the rest of the instructions with. 

https://www.bricksafe.com/files/Tommy_styrvoky/Strv-103C.lxf

36696680020_49746efe79_c.jpgLego RC Strv.-103C by Tommy Styrvoky, on Flickr

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

1 hour ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

The L motor appears to be for a pneumatic pump, and the servo would be for the valve. As with this vehicle uses a hydropneumatic suspension. The suspension arms would have small pneumatic cylinders. as I wondered why the suspension swing arms are facing backwards instead of their correct orientation.

Thanks, that totally makes sense. 

This is the most interactive topic, ever. :grin:

It is like MOCing a topic about a MOC, a completely new way of building LEGO, maybe the OP just invented something.

@moi12 I checked the LDD file, honestly, it is not really clear for me, how some functions should be done (suspension, pneumatics?, etc). Some pictures about the real built MOC would be really appretiated, to be able properly justify it.

Edited by agrof

@Tommy Styrvoky I must say your model looks astonishing, although i didn't like the torsion bars, as it isn't so real life. that's what i like about the pnuematic aproach, but i get that the weight makes this near impossible.

Edited by TheNextLegoDesinger

10 minutes ago, TheNextLegoDesinger said:

@Tommy Styrvoky I must say your model looks astonishing, although i didn't like the torsion bars, as it isn't so real life. that's what i like about the pnuematic aproach, but i get that the weight makes this near impossible.

I would have liked to use pneumatics in my model, or linear actuators, though what I am suggesting is to use the gearing between the torsion bars from my model and the pneumatics attached to a linkage directly on the gears, to make it more like the real vehicle's suspension setup, as with the OP's configuration, all of the swing arms will move the same amount, due to the same amount of travel per cylinder.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

yes, unless, you make the lever different, you can acchieve different distances. i.e. if you make the lever for the first and last 1 stud, and for the second and third 2 studs, and make the first half move oposite to te second, you can actually make tank 'turn' forwards and backwards