Sign in to follow this  
The Stad

The Gateway

This is a project I started in 2011 or 2012, spent about a year-and-a-half building (I was in college at the time, and my summers were spent working away from home), and didn't photograph until spring of 2016.  I've obviously been sitting on the images for a while, telling myself I would clean them up, but now I just want to be done with it, especially since I'm in the process of demolishing it.

I think I intended to enter this into a CCC, or tie it to an event on GoH, but never had the time to finish it for any deadlines, and wasn't sure if the protracted building schedule would be a disqualifier.  The whole scene sits on 15-32x32 plates, and 8-16x32 with 1-16x16, for a total footprint of 176x112.  It takes two people and a heavy piece of plywood just to carry it, and to get it through doors requires a third to make sure it doesn't slide off the plywood when it gets tilted sideways.  I couldn't even venture a guess at the piece count, but it sure weighs a lot, and it's very difficult to photograph.

Anyway, here it is now: an envoy from the Green Dragon faction meeting with the Crownie King at a lesser gate in their grandest city.

39603096161_27a9c36d1b_b.jpg 

An overall view from the corner.

24735585477_23f5c212a2_b.jpg

A side-street and terrace.

39603088831_86c4bccf77_c.jpg

An overview from the opposite corner.

38895078924_4c6610ff6e_c.jpg

A little stream below the walls.

24735583487_ab5676125c.jpg

If you want to see anything in particular closer up, just tell me.  I probably have a picture of it, I just didn't bother to upload it yet.

This is great.  I love the scale of the wall.  The landscaping is good.  The buildings are nicely done.  I especially like the roof on the well very clever.  Very impressive overall.  

Wow this is massive! I lenjoy the scale, it looks imposing and really love it that way, I hate to be that guy but have some questions, how many pieces you think there are for the castle construction? number estimated of pieces of the whole moc? how much studs occupies? what its length?
Thanks in advance and also thank you for sharing your construction. :sweet::thumbup:

No words can describe my awe for the scale. It's hard to pull off a minifig-scale castle, but this is terrific! Is no one going to point out that LIT trebuchet on the wall? 

And the fact that you were working on it in college is another gem in your crown. Keep it up! (well, I mean, not this MOC exactly since you said you were going to tear it down, but as more of a rhetorical encouragement.)

MAC