kbalage

42075 First Responder - speed build, review & RC mod

I'd like to share with you today my unboxing, review & speed build of the 42075 First Responder set:

The box size is average, the front design show the vehicle in a city environment - not an "action scene" though. The back side shows the features and the B model.

PANA0501_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0502_EB_ret.jpg

The box contains 5 unnumbered bags, the tyres, sticker sheet and surprisingly 2 booklets - instructions for both A and B models.

PANA0506_EB_ret.jpg

The car is fairly small and despite the size it has several features. HOG steering, rear differential and suspension, opening doors, hood and rear compartement, working 2 cylinder flat engine, working winch and a raisable light tower. Check the video for all the details, here are some additional images:

PANA0543_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0544_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0551_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0539_EB_ret.jpg

PANA0533_EB_ret.jpg

You can find more (and slightly bigger) images in my blog post.

Edited by kbalage

Nice video (the intro is great), and nice set!  I think I'll be buying this one to get a few more red technic pieces (and some of those new parts).

Very nice playable set :thumbup:

@kbalage as last two reviews (only saw them :laugh:), this review is really good :thumbup:

thanks for the review!

after feeling let down by 77, im actually most excited about this set this wave, it is small, but has a good amount of features, and looks quite good, with ample room for modding

my set should tomorrow, i look forward to building it

Good video.

Great entry-level set, I was initially going to skip this, but since the inventory came out and now seeing your video I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it.

Might buy it for the wheels and the fire stickers. I have so much red parts a fire truck build is inevitable at some point.

H

This looks like a great set. Kinda reminds me of the kart (42048) in terms of size and features, though this has a bit more again. A great intro set IMO, and comes with some excellent parts, e.g. a cheap way to get 4 crossblocks which are quite handy parts in yellow.

I received and built mine last night

I really enjoyed building it, the build feels well spread out, and contrary to some other sets it is not a case of building the functions first, and then only cosmetics, so the process is interesting throughout. The parts selection is quite interesting, three frames, two dogbones, a diff, a shock, a decent selection of panels and some (in my book) relatively rare pins/connectors, many of which in red, a good amount of gears, some engine parts etc...  So as a parts pack the set works quite well too.

The truck itself is a nice and complete looking design, the engine bay is quite interesting, and the way the engine drops in feels much more authentic then how in most technic sets the engine is pretty much part of the chassis.

This was the last set I bought, which completes my 2018 1H sets except for the pullback racers and the Mack truck. Might get the truck eventually just don't care for the trailer and I have plenty of pullback motors. 

Surprisingly this was my favorite set. Great part selection, fun build probably even pick up a second set at some point. 

Good review, thanks, its good to see some of these 1H reviews finally coming out. 

I decided to make this set RC using the PF parts from 42065 - it's small enough to be powered by an M motor and I wanted to try a simple return to center steering with the other M motor. I'm happy with the result, it drives pretty well and I managed to squeeze in the IR receiver and the AA Battery Box without bigger modifications. The only victims of the mod are the orange traffic cones and the steering wheel - there was no way to include them. Here's a video with a little stop motion fun included:

You can find more images & info in my blog post.

Nice motorization, but the presentation of the storyline in the video is the best! Love it! :laugh: