Guzzisti

[MOC] There's a new family owned pizzeria in town.

This all started with the pun on the name. I went through a few versions based on different sizes and color schemes before finalizing on this one. I initially built it on a 32X32 plate with a patio on the side, but it felt bare in side. I like it better full of items such as the drink cooler and arcade game.

I'm overall pleased with the photo editing but it's definitely another area to work on.Feedback is always welcomed.

38668249145_e6764e2ca8.jpgDoh! left side by fathomer1977, on Flickr

38668249335_c6ce2a9177.jpgUntitled by fathomer1977, on Flickr

25694140688_d8435bee4e.jpgHomer's distracted by stupid Flanders as Bart sets the kitchen on fire. by fathomer1977, on Flickr

25694140688_d8435bee4e.jpgHomer's distracted by stupid Flanders as Bart sets the kitchen on fire. by fathomer1977, on Flickr

38855603044_70820b485b.jpgFlanders by fathomer1977, on Flickr

38668249015_9d234d1197.jpgMaggie gaming by fathomer1977, on Flickr

38668249705_437c481125.jpgMarge ringing out Flanders by fathomer1977, on Flickrx

This is just hilarious!:laugh: Excellent choice of colour and style. Very cartoony and fun! :classic:

Love the idea, love the pun, love the build. Well done!

Could you please do a few pictures of this one alongside other Modulars? I assume it would integrate into a street scene pretty well.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, Drunknok said:

Love the idea, love the pun, love the build. Well done!

Could you please do a few pictures of this one alongside other Modulars? I assume it would integrate into a street scene pretty well.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Here's a picture of it with the Pet Shop Modular. 

39688023441_d1abf3d4d7.jpgWith modulars by fathomer1977, on Flickr

I think it looks out of place between the multi story modulars, but it'd be easier to expand it to a 32x32 with room for a stairway and extra floors.

22 hours ago, Guzzisti said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Here's a picture of it with the Pet Shop Modular. 

39688023441_d1abf3d4d7.jpgWith modulars by fathomer1977, on Flickr

I think it looks out of place between the multi story modulars, but it'd be easier to expand it to a 32x32 with room for a stairway and extra floors.

I think it does too, but maybe as a corner building it can be great.

As for height, maybe add a row or two below the sign. I put the new Grand Opening store set next to Assembly Square. I added a row of bricks to heighten it & I think it fits pretty good. 

Edited by Vindicare

Thanks for the additional picture! :thumbup:

I agree that it looks odd between multilevel modulars - but nobody is forcing you to do that. I can think of at least the following options:

1. place it at the end of a street
  2. use it as a corner building
  3. build some modulars of differing sizes, and use it among those
  4. build a "parking lot" or similar area and place it there
  5. expand the MOC to be higher

Personally, I think it is fine as it is, so would not go for #5. But it is of course your choice.

Edited by Drunknok

Aside from the fact that this has the Simpsons in it (which fills me with rage,) I am actually cracked up by the pun! And its gaudiness in line with the modulars really gives it some character. These are those people that own a pizza store that's sitting right where City Hall wants to build a parking lot, and they're just not going to budge.

Sounds like a film. Hm. You've given me an idea...

MAC