Jockos

Official sets' builders

I've been thinking about it for a while (and hope that it hasn't been asked yet here) that who are the people who build the official sets for the photographers? The sets on the boxes look just too perfect to be true, and nearly every visible pin etc. are in the same direction, as if they were assembled following strictly by the BIs. What do you think? Does anybody have any information about that? :)

Actually that is the way I build sets as well. I am really anal about getting bushings turned exactly like the instructions show, one end is different than the other. Also I  make sure the pin shoulders are on the shown side of arms as well. Why? Beats me. And don't even get me going on sticker placement. 

It's really not that hard once you start thinking about it. And then you can't stop. You'll ensure all the "Lego" words on the studs are aligned either up or right; etc.

it's always possible they're renders of computer models and not real

There are also examples where the box images don't line up with the instructions - parts are in wrong place or reversed.

2 hours ago, bonox said:

There are also examples where the box images don't line up with the instructions - parts are in wrong place or reversed.

Or like in the case of the Holiday 2017 catalogue cover, totally missing. 

2 hours ago, bonox said:

it's always possible they're renders of computer models and not real

Yeah some of them do appear to be renders. The old fishing store set images on the box all looked like renders, everything was a bit too perfect. Even the set images on the website look like renders (images 8-11 especially so), a few are just too obvious or have been excessively post-processed. 

While the destiny's bounty set images look like real bricks. Most of the 1x1 round plates down the side of the ship are (painstakingly) oriented so that the "Lego" are all lined up but a few are just a tad off so not absolute perfection.