Sign in to follow this  
The Stad

AoM Storehouse Phase 1: Taking Stock

Every so often, Makny would go with his father to check on the stores that had been gathered over the growing season.  The old warehouses had been dug into the hillsides along the fields to protect their contents.  The earth kept the old burrows cool through the heat of the summer, but made sure they didn't freeze in the depths of the cold northern winters.

25731550798_af06a3ea59.jpg

Spoiler

From the front

27825225819_72d559c03e.jpg

From the side

39572844042_653d089c19.jpg

C&C welcome as always!

I really like the idea of storehouses burried in the hillside, but I feel like showing just a bit more of the surroundings in your MOC would bring the idea across more efficiently.

The size of the builds aside, it's great! The tree and vegetation on top of the house works fine, and I'm a huge fan of your fields, with the rounded walls and crops

The storehouse is very nicely incorporated into the hillside :thumbup: It would have been really fun to have a cut-away in the back showing the provisions inside :classic:

Thanks for the feedback you guys.  @TitusV,  you're right about the need for more hillside.  Let's just say that, in the spirit of AoM, I was leaving myself more room for improvement.

@soccerkid6, I've never been much for interiors, but that cutaway would have been fun.  This time around I was much too focused on how to incorporate the SNOT log wall with the tile foundation and the hillside to even think about how it would look inside.  

For Phase I, it looks good - plenty of room (literally) to expand this for Phase II and III; more hill would have been nice, but the cutaway section is good as it is. I like the textured stone and the vegetation growing from the roof.