Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

Black Eye's Revenge

My latest Pirate ship (Not my latest tallship, but the latest one in which I have pictures)

38710989665_a07ed5d04c_z.jpgBlack Eye's Revenge by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

I'm quite happy with some aspects of this ship (The custom sails, mostly. Those turned out great) I'm only half pleased with the giant skull on the stern. Being my first try at a large scale skull, I think it turned out ok. Some views look better than others, I will admit.

38710994765_b093bc0409_k.jpgBlack Eye's Revenge by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Pictures are links, so click on them if you want to see more.

EKnight

Very cartoon-like, not so sure of the pirate flags as cannon hatches (Although I did that myself a while ago :pir-laugh:)

Cartoony is one way to put it, I guess. I definitely went a different direction with this ship. I wasn't so sure about the cannon flaps either, but it was one of the main driving forces behind this, actually. I wanted to go all skull-blingy on this ship.

EKnight

That is a sleek looking ship. :thumbup:

Very refreshing, I think the pirate flags as hatches gives a great contrast with the blue part of the ship.

It looks like a fun playable ship ... I like playfulness about the skulls but seriousness of the ship as well.  I would have bought this if it were a kit .   I would change the hatches though or use item: 2335pb076 to keep the skull theme.  Imho some black or red hatches would look swell on this and still be menacing.