Fenghuang0296

Best ways to design water for Winter Village Docks?

So, I'm trying to design a set of docks to add to my Winter Village, and also want to add a river that feeds through part of the town and into the docks, and I'm wondering, what are the best (preferably cost-effective) techniques to design water for rivers and docks? Does anyone have suggestions?

Check out the instructions for Ninjago City. They layered trans blue tiles over black, dark green and medium green plates to create the illusion of different water depths. it looks very slick. 

41 minutes ago, ChrisGTA said:

Check out the instructions for Ninjago City. They layered trans blue tiles over black, dark green and medium green plates to create the illusion of different water depths. it looks very slick. 

Good idea, but I'm trying to go for a 'frozen docks' kind of thing and I need a different kind of atmosphere to make that work. 

Hey I was thinking about the same thing here! ) What do you think about ice in Winter Bakery set? I believe we could get some interesting view by modifying it a little bit with white and transparent plates maybe. 

12 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

If you mean the ice skating pond in the corner, that's just trans light blue tiles on white. Good for ice, not so much for water . . .

No, look to the upper left

Oh I think I see what you're saying . . . I just had an idea. What if, for the docks, I used a bare blue 32x32 baseplate (since I know those are happening again in 2018) and added some little iceberg builds to decorate it? No messing around with layers of tiles or anything! Thank you, this is great!

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh I think I see what you're saying . . . I just had an idea. What if, for the docks, I used a bare blue 32x32 baseplate (since I know those are happening again in 2018) and added some little iceberg builds to decorate it? No messing around with layers of tiles or anything! Thank you, this is great!

Your welcome!