Super grateful for all the new parts though I'm still wanting the bi 3d Baseplates for the Adventurer's models and Antimatter's hood from the Ultra Agents sets...oh well maybe next update in like....a year and a half

5 minutes ago, Lo var Lachland said:

Anyone else get the problem where the new parts only show up in "extended" mode?

That is pretty common. You have to surf bricklink in another window to make sure that the part exists in the color you want. Its frustrating but I have dual monitors so I can usually make it work ok. 

Just now, supertruper1988 said:

That is pretty common. You have to surf bricklink in another window to make sure that the part exists in the color you want. Its frustrating but I have dual monitors so I can usually make it work ok. 

Lucky... XD 

Just now, Lo var Lachland said:

Lucky... XD 

Yeah haha. I have found that I have this eriee knowledge of what bricks are available in which colors tho. 

I have also started using stud.io from brick link because you can tick the "hide parts not available in this color" box. That helps A LOT. Its a little outdated but its also much more accurate and up to date than LDD. 

It is a different work flow but I can switch between them pretty easy now. 

Just now, supertruper1988 said:

Yeah haha. I have found that I have this eriee knowledge of what bricks are available in which colors tho. 

I have also started using stud.io from brick link because you can tick the "hide parts not available in this color" box. That helps A LOT. Its a little outdated but its also much more accurate and up to date than LDD. 

It is a different work flow but I can switch between them pretty easy now. 

I seem to have that as well. What I do is import the LDD model into Stud.io, render it, put the parts on my wishlist, and go from there. :D 

Well, it's been four months. Let's hope this is a true resurrection and that we get the full update in two months. I think we will, considering they're teasing us with new parts, and it would be a tad bit cruel to have unfinished parts. The doubt I have is the lack of a true gallery, and that the new LEGO Life app is only available on mobile. 

Each time I try to download Stud.io from BrickLink, my computer gives me a virus warning. What's the big idea?

hi,

I think I accidentally found something new but kinda useless, I was using the hinge tool and noticed that a universal joint 3L became seperated.

I'm not sure if this was already possible, maybe this is one for the LDD tricks thread athough theres nothing much you can do with half of a UV joint

I can't seem to renember how I did it but I'm sure somebody will figure it out.

Regards, Snipe

I just downloaded LDD 4.3.11.  Is it just me, or is 22890 (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Towball on End) still missing?  I can't believe it's still not included.

3 hours ago, bricks360 said:

I just downloaded LDD 4.3.11.  Is it just me, or is 22890 (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Towball on End) still missing?  I can't believe it's still not included.

It has been there for a few updates already… in LDD Extended.

New parts are only added to LDD Extended now.

Posted (edited)

On 4/23/2018 at 3:54 AM, SylvainLS said:

It has been there for a few updates already… in LDD Extended.

New parts are only added to LDD Extended now.

I found it!  Thank you!!

Edited by bricks360

You know what? Next year, I absolutely demand the following pieces:

The 1x2 plate with rounded corners and hollow studs

The 2x1 triangle tile

Roller coaster track pieces.

The Lego elves kite tiles with the bar underneath them (see 41194 Noctura Tower and the Earth Fox Rescue)

Seriously.

If they're not here, I'll be fine, to be honest :sceptic:

After I reinstalled LDD, all the parts from the last update—like beards from The Hobbit and Viking/African/Ancient Roman shields—were no longer on the list. I still can view these parts in older models, but I cannot change their color or put a new part like these without copying an already placed one. Back a few years ago when an update intentionally deleted a bunch of bricks, it worked exactly the same way. Did they delete all the newly-added parts or just failed to include the brick update into the installation download? Where do I get those brick back, or even the ones deleted a few years ago?

They are not deleted, they just miss their colour information, so they are not available in “(standard) LDD” anymore but they are available in “LDD Extended.”

Does anyone even use the standard or mindstorms LDD mode anymore? I'm wondering if Lego should just get rid of them and make Extended the only version.

I only use the Standard version when searching for elementIDs (for prints for example).