the new update for ldd is out everybody!!!

also i cant seem to get it to download it always gives me a message that says this 

"LDD cannot access the web server to retrieve the new version of LDD do you want to run in offline mode"

ldd2.jpg.1959db50fe5f784b6d3c52c17e43295b.jpg

Can confirm, it can't download here either...

You can download the full setup for 4.3.11 from the website though.

Patch doesn't work, but you can go to the website & download LDD again.

And whoooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!

NEW PARTS!!!!!!!

I can already see the 2x2 quarter-circle tile, so.. NEW PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finding pretty much all of the 2017 parts I know, that's very good!

No 2018 part, but that's ok. Couldn't find the 2x2 inverted round slope, but it can easily be done using 1x2 ones. No new flower but they're not necessary.
No 1x2 round plate with hollow studs, but we can fake these using 1x1's I guess (they would have made things way easier though).

Yahoo! Unfortunately the patch is failing for me as well...   Are the macaroni 4x4 round corner tiles and the 1x3 tile with two studs included?

Since everyone is posting about the update here anyway, I've updated the topic title to reflect that. Let's keep all 4.3.11 discussion in here for now :classic:

wierd, I can find mini-doll legs in the minifig body parts section, but they are missing the hip/waist piece, and I don't see any other mini-doll parts...

There's also the arm with anti-stud for Cyborg, but no torso with a removable arm to attach it to?

Overall, I am pretty psyched about this update, I was just working on a build yesterday that could use the 1x1x1 2/3 Brick w2 Studs on the Side.  Also loving the 2x3 Tile, the 2x2 plate w/2 studs, and all the corner and curve pieces shown in Junkstyle's post.

It seems the download is not avaible yet in the LDD Download page, if I click on the download button LDD 3.4.10 is downloaded.
I had to manually edit the link to get the newer version.

Let's wait for a more precise changelog, I suppose that Superkalle will generate a file with the last bricks.
Which is the new brickset's version?

50 minutes ago, HandofBobb said:

wierd, I can find mini-doll legs in the minifig body parts section, but they are missing the hip/waist piece, and I don't see any other mini-doll parts...

Whoa, they're finally adding minidolls?

20 minutes ago, superhard said:

the files was there in the morning and now its not - they must have removed it. I have the file on my drive so if any one needs it its 311 MB

I have uploaded it to https://ufile.io/hg786

Perhaps TLG has taken it off because of bugs, like missing minifig parts elements...

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

It seems the download is not avaible yet in the LDD Download page, if I click on the download button LDD 3.4.10 is downloaded.
I had to manually edit the link to get the newer version.

Let's wait for a more precise changelog, I suppose that Superkalle will generate a file with the last bricks.
Which is the new brickset's version?

That's interesting. The download links on the website have changed back to 4.4.10. It was 4.4.11 this morning when I (and others here) downloaded it. Maybe something's wrong with the update? Or someone just accidently reverted the download-link?

Brickset version is 2670 btw.

Maybe they were still updating the brickset and the upload was an accident. So the upload was too soon. That also explains the missing parts for Minidolls and other unlogical parts.

401 new parts (and subparts/assemblies).  No new decorations.

It will take a little time to add them (correctly) to ldraw.xml :wink:

I really hope they will republish it (or its younger sibling) soon.

I can't download Version 4.3.11 to my computer either! When will it be released in the USA?

Edited by MatthewRC

You can change the download link from setupLDD-PC-4_3_10.exe to setupLDD-PC-4_3_11.exe (or zip for the Mac version) and it will work. :wink:

I couldn't get LDD to update from within the program.  The LDD website download link gives you 4.3.10 by default, but if you change to request 4.3.11 you can get the new version, e.g.

MAC: https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-MAC-4_3_11.zip

Windows:https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-PC-4_3_11.exe

On a side note - I'm on a Mac and I got rid of the old LDD by simply deleting it from the Applications folder.  Now I've installed a new one, will I have two copies of the brick library installed somewhere?

Edit: @M2m you beat me!

Edited by NathanR

Hmm, I hope that means theyre fixing the incomplete parts to finally include mini-dolls,

and not that they're 'fixing' it to remove the parts instead

NQgqpgl.png

Edited by HandofBobb