Super grateful for all the new parts though I'm still wanting the bi 3d Baseplates for the Adventurer's models and Antimatter's hood from the Ultra Agents sets...oh well maybe next update in like....a year and a half

5 minutes ago, Lo var Lachland said:

Anyone else get the problem where the new parts only show up in "extended" mode?

That is pretty common. You have to surf bricklink in another window to make sure that the part exists in the color you want. Its frustrating but I have dual monitors so I can usually make it work ok. 

On 4/10/2018 at 11:03 PM, supertruper1988 said:

That is pretty common. You have to surf bricklink in another window to make sure that the part exists in the color you want. Its frustrating but I have dual monitors so I can usually make it work ok. 

(snip)

Edited by Lo var Lachland

Just now, Lo var Lachland said:

Lucky... XD 

Yeah haha. I have found that I have this eriee knowledge of what bricks are available in which colors tho. 

I have also started using stud.io from brick link because you can tick the "hide parts not available in this color" box. That helps A LOT. Its a little outdated but its also much more accurate and up to date than LDD. 

It is a different work flow but I can switch between them pretty easy now. 

On 4/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, supertruper1988 said:

Yeah haha. I have found that I have this eriee knowledge of what bricks are available in which colors tho. 

I have also started using stud.io from brick link because you can tick the "hide parts not available in this color" box. That helps A LOT. Its a little outdated but its also much more accurate and up to date than LDD. 

It is a different work flow but I can switch between them pretty easy now. 

(snip)

Edited by Lo var Lachland

Well, it's been four months. Let's hope this is a true resurrection and that we get the full update in two months. I think we will, considering they're teasing us with new parts, and it would be a tad bit cruel to have unfinished parts. The doubt I have is the lack of a true gallery, and that the new LEGO Life app is only available on mobile. 

Each time I try to download Stud.io from BrickLink, my computer gives me a virus warning. What's the big idea?

hi,

I think I accidentally found something new but kinda useless, I was using the hinge tool and noticed that a universal joint 3L became seperated.

I'm not sure if this was already possible, maybe this is one for the LDD tricks thread athough theres nothing much you can do with half of a UV joint

I can't seem to renember how I did it but I'm sure somebody will figure it out.

Regards, Snipe

I just downloaded LDD 4.3.11.  Is it just me, or is 22890 (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Towball on End) still missing?  I can't believe it's still not included.

3 hours ago, bricks360 said:

I just downloaded LDD 4.3.11.  Is it just me, or is 22890 (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Towball on End) still missing?  I can't believe it's still not included.

It has been there for a few updates already… in LDD Extended.

New parts are only added to LDD Extended now.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:54 AM, SylvainLS said:

It has been there for a few updates already… in LDD Extended.

New parts are only added to LDD Extended now.

I found it!  Thank you!!

Edited by bricks360

You know what? Next year, I absolutely demand the following pieces:

The 1x2 plate with rounded corners and hollow studs

The 2x1 triangle tile

Roller coaster track pieces.

The Lego elves kite tiles with the bar underneath them (see 41194 Noctura Tower and the Earth Fox Rescue)

Seriously.

If they're not here, I'll be fine, to be honest :sceptic:

After I reinstalled LDD, all the parts from the last update—like beards from The Hobbit and Viking/African/Ancient Roman shields—were no longer on the list. I still can view these parts in older models, but I cannot change their color or put a new part like these without copying an already placed one. Back a few years ago when an update intentionally deleted a bunch of bricks, it worked exactly the same way. Did they delete all the newly-added parts or just failed to include the brick update into the installation download? Where do I get those brick back, or even the ones deleted a few years ago?

They are not deleted, they just miss their colour information, so they are not available in “(standard) LDD” anymore but they are available in “LDD Extended.”

Does anyone even use the standard or mindstorms LDD mode anymore? I'm wondering if Lego should just get rid of them and make Extended the only version.

I only use the Standard version when searching for elementIDs (for prints for example).

Hi everyone

I have been using LDD for 2-3 years now, and after a HDD format, I have installed 4.3.11. And although it works, there is a     problem in the brickset, it says the brickset is 2670, but it seems as the same brickset as when I started using LDD. For example, the technic coupler gear is missing, and the only colour 9 hole studless beam I have available is "new dark red". To add to the weirdness, it skips the brickset update step on launch, it just goes straight to "launching application", even if I disconnect my PC from the internet, doesn't bother LDD at all. I have installed it 5 or 6 times, and downloaded it from 2 different sources (The lego website being 1)  Any help or suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: I see the parts are in extended, but I can only paint in black (I'm not familiar with extended, so what am I doing wrong?)

Edited by Eclipse
Updated info

The last updates added new parts, but those are only available in Extended, and they removed colour information for Standard :hmpf_bad:

In Extended, the paint tool doesn’t work the same.  You select the paint tool, then you click on the colour box to make the palette appear so that you can choose another colour.  If you want to apply a decor, click on the rightmost icon, the little gray brick (the decorable area “pulses” when you hover over it).  The pipette is to change the fill colour with the colour of a part.  Once you have clicked the decor brick or the pipette, you need to click on the leftmost icon, the bucket, to use the fill tool again.

Note that if you have parts selected when you choose a new colour, they will be painted with that colour.  Can be very useful… or very annoying :wink:

And you can also select a base colour (instead of the default Red) by clicking on the palette at the bottom of the brick palette (if you have “repeat inserting the selected brick” option on, you need to reselect the brick to change its colour right away, else the “floating” brick will use the previous colour).

So you have two ways to change colour: select the right colour before adding the part, or add the part and select the colour and paint the part.  Not as user friendly as Standard. Lots of clicks :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for all the help, like I said, I never really used extended, so was feeling a bit silly for asking. I agree with you, if they are only making the new parts available in extended, they need to look at how extended operates. Still a great program though.

I posted this in another topic but I will post it here since it is likely more relevant here. Edit: Having read some comments above I will just clarify that I am using the extended version in both the msi laptop and msi tower.

I have a question for everyone sorry if this has been answered before. I am using LDD 4.3.11 on an MSI laptop I have got a new computer as the laptop with LDD on it is getting old. When I downloaded LDD from both the offical Lego link it said LDD 4.3 (although I believe mine does that sometimes too but its fine).

First it wouldnt connect to the internet, I have used offline mode before and had no problems but this time when I opened a file I had on USB from the other computer, the parts section (sorry I dont know the proper name for the column on the side with all the squares you click on to get Bricks, Plates, Minifig accessories etc.) was much smaller, about three 'squares' had question marks on them and many parts were missing as well as all the parts were just ordered weird with some minifig accessories for example included as minfig body parts, the 'misc' tab (it normally has a picture of one of those old Fabuland round signs) was just messed up and instead of all those great minfig prints there was like 20, all really old crappy ones too.

I uninstalled that and tried a link from a third party website, same issues. Where can I find LDD 4.3.11 or 12 or whatever the latest version is and successfully download it?

Below is a list of parts but the ones posted above such as the marcroni tiles and Claas tyres, minidoll bottom pieces etc. are the version I want. It runs fine on the MSI laptop and now I want it on my new MSI tower but cant find it.

Some of the latest parts I can recall are

Tile 2x3 flat tile,

2x3 with angle,

1x1 tiles 1/2 circle and 1/4 circle 

plate 2x2 27 degrees (left and right)

plate 2x2 45 degrees

I believe the latest CMF prints are the CMF series which had the paleontologist, Egyptian warrior, alien trooper, classic king, but was the Queen after classic king? If so then it also has the Queen and associated parts, Jewel thief and the rest of whichever series that was.

Edited by Brickchap

How does one get around the flash player problem if flash player is being deleted by adobe and microsoft on all devices as of ironically today the 31st December 2020 (although the process for this started ages ago)