Even if the recent download is not the final version being released to the public, I will still use it as my upcoming LEGO Ideas submission does include a number of new parts. BTW, I did find two new bugs in this release which can be seen here.

On 10/01/2018 at 3:26 PM, badchriss said:

Something else regarding the newest LDD Update:Is it just me or did they remove some of the colors for certain Parts in the regular Mode?

Like for example,the round 1x1 Stud with Hole in it was previously available in white,dark red and i think yellow.Now it is only available in white (of course you can recolor it the way you like in Extended Mode,but still it´s weird)

Yeah, I've noticed a whole bunch of parts that were previously available in the normal mode now only being accessible in Extended, which is extremely annoying. Just to mention a few parts: 11477, 15068, 11476, 99780, 99781, 11090.

Excited to get new parts, but as someone who prefers to build as much as possible in regular mode it's really frustrating "losing" pieces in that mode.

Also frustrating is seeing new parts that don't work, or old parts that haven't been fixed.

Part 23448 (cockpit canopy) can't be attached for either 60177 Airshow Jet or 76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit because the bar is too wide.

Putting 24151 (Mighty Micros hull) on top of 24326 (Mighty Micros chassis) still won't let you put a plate in-between the gap in the front and back.

8 hours ago, Graysmith said:

Part 23448 (cockpit canopy) can't be attached for either 60177 Airshow Jet or 76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit because the bar is too wide.

The bar isn't too wide, the problem is that it naturally connects a tiny bit off-center. If you scaffold, say, a 1x4 panel exactly under it, it can attach properly. Also, the large Nexo Knights canopy has the same issue- it's easier to deal with that, though, because it has studs on top and it's very easy to snap it back onto the grid.

23 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I hate to double post but I just noticed the "send to LEGO.com" button has been completely removed...

Really? I never noticed that! You have good eyes.

1 hour ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I hate to double post but I just noticed the "send to LEGO.com" button has been completely removed...

Perhaps they opted to break their promise and retire the gallery instead.

18 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Perhaps they opted to break their promise and retire the gallery instead.

The old gallery is still there, as is the promise of "a new gallery coming soon" on the LDD microsite...

1 hour ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

The old gallery is still there, as is the promise of "a new gallery coming soon" on the LDD microsite...

I wonder if LDD will eventually be updated to 4.3.12 with a new “Send to Gallery” button once the new gallery is live?

I'm excited! As for the new parts... I would have preferred someone make a PDF file of all of the new parts with pictures...

I got the new version. Right on time for some parts I need. :)

Thanks !

Small reminder about issue reporting for new (and existing) bricks:

If you find brick errors and want to report them, the best thing to do is to contact LEGO support directly using this link:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service

My guess is that errors that have the best chance of being fixed are those of more serious character, such as those that break existing models (bricks removed when opening), or prevent bricks from being used as intended, for example when building in an official set. 

If you want, you can also post the brick error here, but that would be more as information for your fellow peers here in the forum.

It looks like a couple parts from the upcoming Power Functions 2.0 snuck in there, the new LPF 2.0 Medium Motor and a part just called "Front Housing", which is particularly intriguing to me since it doesn't itself seem to have a motor. Could it be a housing for a new Power Functions Small Motor???

39706522342_7fcbe77017_c.jpg

Yes, I’m thinking it might be why the update was annuled: the left part should be a subpart in an assembly, with a plug and a hub.  We shouldn’t be able to use it alone.

16 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Yes, I’m thinking it might be why the update was annuled: the left part should be a subpart in an assembly, with a plug and a hub.  We shouldn’t be able to use it alone.

I think it was pulled because they forgot to include a more up-to-date ldraw.xml file. If only there was one available :wink:

On one hand, I'm positively ecstatic that we've finally got a new LDD update!  Thank you so much for continuing to support this software!

On the other hand... I feel like this update lacks the "spit and polish" of the updates that we used to get in the past.  As far as I can tell, no bugs from 4.3.10 have been fixed (such as 20446 having no connection point).  All new pipes, strings, and tubes introduced in this update (such as 21164 and 76292) are missing their flexibility function, significantly hindering their versatility.  I'm also disappointed that there's only a single new BIONICLE element (19087), and it's an aesthetic decorative piece rather than a useful functional piece (such as 24189/24190, 47306, and especially the ever-so-useful 47326).

It's disheartening, if only because none of us know how long it will take before the next update comes, and the things I've been waiting to be addressed may continue to be left unaddressed when that time comes.  I just wish that Eurobricks still had frequent contact with the LDD dev team, which made it easier to submit bug reports, request new features, and receive information on upcoming updates.

In the meantime... looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me, regarding 19087 and its prolific inclusion in 2015's BIONICLE sets.  Time to start updating those LXF files...

Having read through here and seen the discussion about bugs with some parts, I came across one myself after downloading the update. I took note that part 30838 won't connect to any axle or wheel like the other four of the same size. And with everything else going on, I would assume that this is still being worked on and finalised. Still, I can live with 4.3.10 until this new update is all fixed up and ready to go.

Edited by TheGarageBoy

On 09/01/2018 at 10:13 PM, JunkstyleGio said:

anyhoo The Claas wheel and Porsche panels ook good!

25724918718_d75b8d931e_z.jpg

Is there a forum where I can see how to render through LDD on mac? Or does anyone know how if possible? 

15 minutes ago, Lego_Talk said:

Is there a forum where I can see how to render through LDD on mac? Or does anyone know how if possible? 

Here's the link to a topic about rendering with Bluerender, which comes with instructions to follow if using on a Mac:

On 28/01/2018 at 3:18 PM, TheGarageBoy said:

Here's the link to a topic about rendering with Bluerender, which comes with instructions to follow if using on a Mac:

I tried this but as it says, it won't work for all macs. Unfortunately that was mine. I have tried this tutorial before without success. Are there any other options? 

Oh wow, just seeing this now!

Great news they did another update, finally some new parts! Had no trouble installing it from the setup linked here.

This comes just at the right moment, as I finally found motivation to finish planning my next MOC :laugh:

After checking if this was back up on the official site, which it was, I downloaded it again only to find the same issues. I don't know what's going on, but it's not exactly all that fun knowing we're getting the same thing again. Though this was only a quick look, so it could be possible that some parts may have been fixed. But I kinda doubt it...