I've pretty much found most of the 2017 parts I know of, except 2x2 wheel trims. But no trace of any 2018 part.
Also old bugs are still there, like axles not fully going into the new macaroni's (and 92692 doesn't look like it has been fixed, will have to check closer).

Still an excellent update.

Alright, so I just got home and indirectly downloaded LDD 4.3.11 from this forum. I can’t wait to use it! XD

6 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Complete list of the 401 new parts here.

what program do i use to open the list 

also i started looking around for parts i found about 300 so far, guys this is a big update!

The new gallery hasn't rolled out yet, which makes me think they'll officially release a modified version of 4.3.11 with that and this was an accident.

LDD is running normally for me with nothing coming up on the loading screen at all, so I won't mess with anything until this weird situation resolves itself.

The update isn't even loading for me. It just boots LDD normally.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it working thanks to the download links posted here

Edited by Takanuinuva

4 hours ago, ImAChangedMan said:

also i started looking around for parts i found about 300 so far, guys this is a big update!

Excel

Is it just me, or is 4.3.11 hogging more CPU power than 4.3.10 did?

The fans on my laptop kick in quite loudly after just half an hour (I used to go all evening without ever hearing them), and I noticed that it runs on one CPU with constant 70% usage.  4.3.10 ran on one core with 5% usage when idle or in the background, typically 25% when placing bricks, and at most 50% when rapidly spinning or zooming the 3D scene.  I also feel the new version takes a bit longer to open, and is also slow to open individual models (even with quite low part counts).  The 4.3.11 installer is quite a bit larger than the old one, and it can't just be due to the new pieces. Is there any way of knowing what other changes they might have made under the hood?

I've actually re-installed 4.3.10 for now, but for some reason it's left me with the newer parts database, which was an unexpected bonus...

1 hour ago, ImAChangedMan said:

It’s plain text / csv, just the ID (semi-colon) and the design name, I thought it would be easier :sceptic:

A few of the 401 new files aren’t actually accessible (the files are in the LIF but you can’t find them by their ID in LDD).

I’ve found about 55 that have an LDraw counterpart (same ID) (ldraw.xml already updated for most of them).

About 30 other seem to just be new aliases (I’ll check their painting areas later, maybe they add/correct something).

The rest is a lot of new parts for constraction, animals, minifigs, elves/friends that are either not in LDraw at all or very difficult (at least to me) to find.

So, if any of you find any part that you know is an alias, or for which you know the LDraw ID, feel free to tell me :wink: (and that also goes for older parts :grin:).

Something else regarding the newest LDD Update:Is it just me or did they remove some of the colors for certain Parts in the regular Mode?

Like for example,the round 1x1 Stud with Hole in it was previously available in white,dark red and i think yellow.Now it is only available in white (of course you can recolor it the way you like in Extended Mode,but still it´s weird)

2 hours ago, badchriss said:

Something else regarding the newest LDD Update:Is it just me or did they remove some of the colors for certain Parts in the regular Mode?

Like for example,the round 1x1 Stud with Hole in it was previously available in white,dark red and i think yellow.Now it is only available in white (of course you can recolor it the way you like in Extended Mode,but still it´s weird)

Correct, yeah thats wierd...

Just a heads up to anyone who is only able to download version 4.3.10 from the LEGO website, there is a way of forcing .11 to download.

1. Right click the download button

2. Copy the link address/url

3.paste it into the address bar and then amend the version number from 10 to 11.

This...

https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-PC-4_3_10.exe

becomes this.

https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/downloads/ldd2.0/installer/setupLDD-PC-4_3_11.exe

Dude, this is great! I love all the new parts! LDD just got a lot better.

Edited by Ordinareo

You can find all the new parts in this LXF file.

Fun fact:

13 multicolorable parts:

• 25405: 2 surfaces
  • 24496: 2 surfaces
  • 24635: 2 surfaces
  • 28374: 2 surfaces
  • 29272: 2 surfaces
  • 19206: 2 surfaces
  • 28371: 2 surfaces
  • 28353: 2 surfaces
  • 29124: 3 surfaces
  • 17012: 4 surfaces
  • 25305: 4 surfaces
  • 27191: 10 surfaces!
  • 26912: 11 surfaces!!

This also shows that A LOT of parts are not multicolorable; including big figs, hats with hair, Star Wars Construction heads, PowerPuff Girl heads, Sven the reindeer.

Also the jaguar parts look like they had to be merged (like the other animals), parts 29238, 29243 and 29241.

43 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Also the jaguar parts look like they had to be merged (like the other animals), parts 29238, 29243 and 29241.

My guess is a few assemblies came not assembled, the subparts being directly available.

That could be an error (and even why the update was removed) or on purpose (like they did for the 2x2 turntable a few updates back).

12 hours ago, Stephan said:

You can find all the new parts in this LXF file.

cool!

What could be the difference between 31493 and 32064?
I mean I get it that Lego does new molds, but if there is zero difference in the model, I wonder why it was included.

16 minutes ago, anothergol said:

cool!

What could be the difference between 31493 and 32064?
I mean I get it that Lego does new molds, but if there is zero difference in the model, I wonder why it was included.

Good question. It also doesn't seem to be modeled correctly (the sides of the + are open). Same goes for the Angry Birds bodies, the opposite side is invisible when looking through the arm hole.

Same for the newly added corner panel piece. It also appears to be 100% the same. And the two Minecraft block heads (although one seems to be made thicker).

Edited by Stephan