Sign in to follow this  
Johnny1360

42077 scale question

Already have 42077, will soon be getting 42070. Was wondering if anyone has both these sets and whether or not they scale well together. I would ultimately like to motorize 42077 and turn 42070 into a race car hauler for it. To me it seems the rally car may be a bit large for the tow truck. Anyone know for sure? 

The rally car is 27 studs wide, and the truck is 17 studs, so it would need a smaller vehicle of 42041 size.

27 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Okay so not even close, many thanks. 

you're welcome!

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

The rally car is 27 studs wide, and the truck is 17 studs, so it would need a smaller vehicle of 42041 size.

That doesn´t mean you need a smaller vehicle. Nothing speaks against a 27 stud wide racecar on a 27 wide truck with a 29 wide bed. The wheels sizes would allow to build both in appropriate scale and proportions. 

e35b6b3e23643e78cfdb2f9b92740bf6---cheve

Edited by brunojj1

18 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

That doesn´t mean you need a smaller vehicle. Nothing speaks against a 27 stud wide racecar on a 27 wide truck with a 29 wide bed. The wheels sizes would allow to build both in appropriate scale and proportions. 

The rally car is 27 studs wide, and the truck is 17 studs. How are you doing that?

9 minutes ago, efferman said:

the overall width of 42070 is 25 studs and not 17. Even the arocs is 19 wide.

I meant the bed, oops. I forgot to state that.

26 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

..oops..

The question from Johny was how to "motorize 42077 and turn 42070 into a race car hauler for it". Means let the 42077 as it is and motorize it and turn the glorious 42070 into something different.

Edited by brunojj1

19 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

The question from Johny was how to "motorize 42077 and turn 42070 into a race car hauler for it". Means let the 42077 as it is and motorize it and turn the glorious 42070 into something different.

I interpreted how to use the model as a hauler like it is.

They  are no the same scale, but you can make modifications / mocs based on tires to fit the scale like @brunojj1 said :wink:

Scale would be (aproximately) 1:10 based on 42077 tires as reference...That type of rally cars (Lancia S4 example) had tires with overall diameter of some 675mm, so with 42077 sets tire - 68.8mm you get aproximately 1:10 scale

17 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

They  are no the same scale, but you can make modifications / mocs based on tires to fit the scale like @brunojj1 said :wink:

Scale would be (aproximately) 1:10 based on 42077 tires as reference...That type of rally cars (Lancia S4 example) had tires with overall diameter of some 675mm, so with 42077 sets tire - 68.8mm you get aproximately 1:10 scale

Yes this is what I meant. I do realize I would have to modify the tow truck considerably, would like to keep the same basic design though. So based on tire size sounds doable. I do plan on getting 42070 soon anyway, just looking for some actual uses for it. 

18 hours ago, efferman said:

the overall width of 42070 is 25 studs and not 17. Even the arocs is 19 wide.

Sounds more like it, might be easier than I originally thought. 

52 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes this is what I meant. I do realize I would have to modify the tow truck considerably, would like to keep the same basic design though. So based on tire size sounds doable. I do plan on getting 42070 soon anyway, just looking for some actual uses for it. 

So both sets have same azure color and you can make a team dark azure :laugh:

58 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So both sets have same azure color and you can make a team dark azure :laugh:

Exactly, also possibly in the far off future do a Richard Petty/STP moc. 

26 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Exactly, also possibly in the far off future do a Richard Petty/STP moc. 

Honestly STP team crossed my mind when I was writting previus post :thumbup: