So, it appears that Ideas builder RobenAnne is determined to start his own Winter Village-esque series of buildings. Starting with the one everyone's seen, 21310 Old Fishing Store, it seems like three new buildings are going to be joining it; the makings of an early nineteenth century beachfront if I ever saw one. 

We have The Lighthouse, The Dive Shop, and Boat House Diner. Personally, I'm looking forwards to Boat House Diner the most; it will surely be able to take pride of place in my village's docks. What does everyone think?

(Couldn't upload images, but they can be found at this link;) https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/01/08/7-new-projects-qualify-lego-ideas-review-news/

It's pretty amazing that RobenAnne has 4(!) MOCs that qualified, but I don't know what the odds are that another one will be selected (there's aren't being produced- they've just hit 10K votes and are in the running along with 4 other sets in this review period).  I'm sure part of it will depend on how 21310 sells, but also pretty unlikely that even if that does very well they'd release 3 more at once.  Should be interesting to see what happens with that!

The pop-up book and jaguar are the strongest of the submissions for the review period with the pop up book coming out on top due to Lego designing of their own realistic Creator Expert cars. I believe when it comes time for review that Lego will realize the other buildings are just re-hashes of the first one and instead go with and or wait for stronger ideas, pop-up book will be the one selected if any are. For example ship in a bottle; very strong and fresh idea. Yet more aquatic related standalone stores of the same design, style and technique... old idea that they already did. 

I love the Fishing Village theme.  It's very well done.  I hope RobenAnne succeeds.  It would be a first.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

19 hours ago, deraven said:

It's pretty amazing that RobenAnne has 4(!) MOCs that qualified, but I don't know what the odds are that another one will be selected (there's aren't being produced- they've just hit 10K votes and are in the running along with 4 other sets in this review period).  I'm sure part of it will depend on how 21310 sells, but also pretty unlikely that even if that does very well they'd release 3 more at once.  Should be interesting to see what happens with that!

Well, I *kind of* agree that The Dive Shop feels a little too similar to Old Fishing Store, but Boat House Diner is an innovative concept that looks beautiful and I'd definitely buy it if it were released. As for The Lighthouse . . it doesn't appeal to me personally, (the whole 'island where the water level has fallen and exposed the sea bed' thing doesn't work for me) but it is impressive

To be honest, I think the Fishing Store had its time in the spotlight. For all the great other MOCs from the same builder: this is the Ideas line, not "RobbenAnne presents...". It is quite an impressive lineup that qualified so far. I hope LEGO gets the hint and hires the builder.