AntiZombie

--- Bricksonville - City Layout with lights ---

On 6/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, SwissBrick said:

Beautiful!!! I am jealous :wink:

Thanks a lot :-)

13 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Very nice layout. Love the way Disney Castle fits the town. The beach is also great, only I think that OFS is a little bit hidden.

And the lights... great. Which method did you use to light up your buildings?

Thank you very much! Glad, you like the castle and the beach.
Regarding the OFS: Maybe the angle of the camera was irritating, because there are only small houses in front of the store, so you should see it quite well. I will expand the coast line on the other side of the OFS soon; then it will be directly on the sea side.
Regarding the lights: I purchase them from different sellers; some are whole lighting sets, others are single LEDs - all powered by USB.

15 hours ago, AntiZombie said:

Thanks a lot :-)

Thank you very much! Glad, you like the castle and the beach.
Regarding the OFS: Maybe the angle of the camera was irritating, because there are only small houses in front of the store, so you should see it quite well. I will expand the coast line on the other side of the OFS soon; then it will be directly on the sea side.
Regarding the lights: I purchase them from different sellers; some are whole lighting sets, others are single LEDs - all powered by USB.

Lights really bring the town to live. I started a little research about it, found the kits from Brickloot, but man, over $50 for each modular kit, sure it would be expensive.

Your videos are so good.  One thing I noticed is you do such a good job hiding the wires and power elements.  I'd love to see a behind the scenes video of how you do your cabling for the power.  I'm building up a city now and have all my modulars lit but I'm struggling with the best way to cable everything and make it look nice.  

On 6/22/2018 at 2:18 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

Lights really bring the town to live. I started a little research about it, found the kits from Brickloot, but man, over $50 for each modular kit, sure it would be expensive.

Yes, some of them are very expensive. With some dealers, however, it is also still possible to trade. But in general it is true that it is an expensive extra.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:39 PM, Chilis said:

Very nice indeed!

Thank you so much! :-)

On 6/25/2018 at 10:50 PM, aukevin said:

Your videos are so good.  One thing I noticed is you do such a good job hiding the wires and power elements.  I'd love to see a behind the scenes video of how you do your cabling for the power.  I'm building up a city now and have all my modulars lit but I'm struggling with the best way to cable everything and make it look nice.  

Thank you very much! A behind the scence video would show the pure chaos. ;-) But of course, it would also be a possibility to make such a video.
In a nutshell: I drill holes into the table (made of chipboard) where the cables ought to lead down, so the wires and power sources are connected under the table.

2 hours ago, AntiZombie said:

Thank you very much! A behind the scence video would show the pure chaos. ;-) But of course, it would also be a possibility to make such a video.
In a nutshell: I drill holes into the table (made of chipboard) where the cables ought to lead down, so the wires and power sources are connected under the table.

That's what I was thinking was a good way of doing it.  Do you have gaps in your baseplates or do you drill holes into those as well?

On 7/1/2018 at 12:27 PM, aukevin said:

That's what I was thinking was a good way of doing it.  Do you have gaps in your baseplates or do you drill holes into those as well?

It's definitely a good way to do that. I don't have any holes in my baseplates. The cables are usually routed down between the buildings or, if there is no other way, on the back and then further down between the baseplates into the drilled holes.

I think it is magic!

Thanks a lot for the inspiration @AntiZombie.. will keep lightening my city, perhaps transform my monorail with the orange tram, and add lots of water at my beach :-)

Looks amazing!  You've done a great job of making it look seamless between the various themes.

12 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

I think it is magic!

Thanks a lot for the inspiration @AntiZombie.. will keep lightening my city, perhaps transform my monorail with the orange tram, and add lots of water at my beach :-)

You're welcome ;) I'm curious to see what you'll do with it. :) And you're definitely going to need a huge amount of "water". ;)

9 hours ago, Kristel said:

Looks amazing!  You've done a great job of making it look seamless between the various themes.

Thank you very much Kristel, I do my best for it. :)

Here comes a new video update from my city.
New lights and minifigures have been added. And in the meantime there were also some other changes that can be seen in older videos...
But here is the latest one:

And again another new video of my city. But this time many things have changed. The city has moved from the attic into the basment and I created a new layout with an raised up area. It was (and still is) a lot of work - but this is how it looks so far :)

Very nice city layout. I love the mix of official sets with MOCs. Adding this to my youtube subs