Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Modular Florentine Steakhouse & Butchery

43 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’m sure that @Digger of Bricks is going to love the roofs of the both buildings!

Oh yes indeed, but there is so much more to feast your eyes upon here! Particularly, I think the pairing of Cool Yellow with Earth Green on the Florist's looks really pretty, and I love the bricked-up door and structural cracks on the rear of the first floor of the Steakhouse! :grin:

49 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, I discovered your next modular which is looking brilliant, I really love it! Are you going to present it and sell its instructions?

Ooooh, now there's another beauty! *oh2*

It looks wonderful in real bricks! It seems like you just pull them out of a magician's hat every couple months! The travel agency looks very nice as well, hope to see pics of the interior whenever you present it. With so many modulars you're gonna run out of colours to make them out of (that's happened to me!). Maybe we should build something together sometime in the future :wink:

Looking forward to you give us next!

Wow - looks even better in the flesh (ABS)! The technique for the roofing is much easier to appreciate now - definitely a source of inspiration.

Thank you again!

43 minutes ago, paupadros said:

It looks wonderful in real bricks! It seems like you just pull them out of a magician's hat every couple months! The travel agency looks very nice as well, hope to see pics of the interior whenever you present it. With so many modulars you're gonna run out of colours to make them out of (that's happened to me!). Maybe we should build something together sometime in the future :wink:

Looking forward to you give us next!

Yes, that's an actual issue. I managed to sketch a dutch-styled facade out of light flesh minifig heads, and it's quite cool paired with an art nouveau sand red building:wink:...this one's coming after the Travel Agency, though:laugh:

I'd love to build something with you!

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

1 hour ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

I managed to sketch a dutch-styled facade out of light flesh minifig heads, and it's quite cool paired with an art nouveau sand red building:wink:...this one's coming after the Travel Agency, though:laugh:

Wow! Are you serious?! Is it possible to let this modular come before the Travel Agency? Will start to count every single day or even every single hour to its reveal :grin: 

1 hour ago, paupadros said:

Maybe we should build something together sometime in the future :wink:

I'd love to build something with you!

Look forward to this collaborative modular, a mix of two great MOCers would work great!

I managed to sketch a dutch-styled facade out of light flesh minifig heads, and it's quite cool paired with an art nouveau sand red building:wink:...this one's coming after the Travel Agency, though:laugh:

Wow! That sounds interesting! Light flesh is one of those colous that lies in the middle of the LDD palette that I hardly ever use. Just wondering, how do minifig heads align. One every two studs, one every 1.5 studs (brick+jumper)? Just curious. Recently, instead of choosing a single colour, I've been trying to come up with assemblies of pieces in different colours so that they work together to make another somewhat new and interesting colour, if that makes sense.

If you have a cool idea of a modular to try, send one of those private messages through Eurobricks and we'll work from there. If I have a cool idea, I'll send you one.

31 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow! Are you serious?! Is it possible to let this modular come before the Travel Agency? Will start to count every single day or even every single hour to its reveal :grin: 

Number one rule: Never rush a modular @LegoModularFan !

Ahahah...it has some art-nouveauish features, but it's not full of those floreal motifs...It's got a white first floor, sand red "pillars" going up and two lateral columns of windows which are taller than the middle one...they're topped by white decorations with wings and statuettes. And, the last but not the least, it has a sand green roof. As regards the light flesh one, I used a 1x1 plate and a jumper plate, but there's more to see (and to say :laugh:)...   Stay tuned!

P.S. Or maybe I should pair the sand red building with my modular version of  Casa Batllo?...:wink:

19 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

P.S. Or maybe I should pair the sand red building with my modular version of  Casa Batllo?...:wink:

Uuuuuuh! A modular Casa Batlló? I've tried it before in a 16x32 baseplate but couldn't really make it look that awesome. Around Barcelona, in Catalunya there's loads of architecture like Casa Batlló to be inspired by. There's this amazing Flickr account, which I alredy recommended to @LegoModularFan a while ago, that serves as plentiful of inspiration for these sorts of buildings, if you want to check it out it's pretty great.

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

Uuuuuuh! A modular Casa Batlló?

Why not after all? I agree it’s very difficult but it’s not impossible IMO. Here’re two tries:

MOC Pages

Lego Ideas

What’s your opinion about them? What do you think guys? I of course prefer the version on MOC pages... 

23 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Ahahah...it has some art-nouveauish features, but it's not full of those floreal motifs...It's got a white first floor, sand red "pillars" going up and two lateral columns of windows which are taller than the middle one...they're topped by white decorations with wings and statuettes. And, the last but not the least, it has a sand green roof. As regards the light flesh one, I used a 1x1 plate and a jumper plate, but there's more to see (and to say :laugh:)...   Stay tuned!

It sounds great! Can’t wait to see it :moar: