Paperinik77pk

MOC - 12V DB BR78

Hi all, I'd like to present you my first 12V MOC. 

It is a Deutsche Bahn BR78 - inspired locomotive, built using extra pieces from a 7730 and 7750. This is the third big steamer I use, along with the original 7750 and the 7777 steam locomotives.  I built this one following using special pieces (e.g. lights lenses are yellow/clear like in 7750 - rubber pipes on the sides) and following the style of the early 80's Lego trains. 

14419868383_DISPLAY.jpg

It was simplified in many details, like the cabin (using standard doors and windows) and sides (which are missing a lot of leverages, handrails and so on).

15088465091_DISPLAY.jpg

15088337221_DISPLAY.jpg

15088337232_DISPLAY.jpg

DB BR78 Locotender - 7750

Here it is on my test station - front and rear lights are on when moving forward, small white light on the back is on when moving backwards. 

Hope you like it! :laugh:

Really nice Paperinik, I always liked the 7750 but this brings it to a much more realistic level while keeping the gray 12V/4.5 era look and feel as well.

Thanks, actually I like a lot the 12v/4,5v look and feel of the 80s, as well as the 70s and late 60s styles.

A little explanation about the stickers: as you can see from the image below, the parts donor was a 7730, then I bought some replica stickers on Ebay. Since my 7750 was already restored and complete, I had some extra stickers. For this reason I marked the locomotive as 7750.

I am missing two 2x1 black windows on the back of the cabin (I had them but they were used to complete the 7777, which was built in the same period). Since they are very expensive, until I won't  find them inside a lucky Ebay auction...the locomotive will remain as it is :laugh:

14419871891_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Paperinik77pk

Oh wow. Nice project. It really fits well with all those other those classic 12V trains and buildings. And still a very realistic model. Well done!

Looks great your 12 Volt style MOC steam engine! It fits really good in the line of "large" 12 Volt steam engines. Hmm, shouldn't call it a line, we only know the 7750 and it's bigger sister 7777 (which is a 7750+7810). Why not call yours a 7780 (50+30=80)?

12v lives! Your MOC looks very period, yet fresh. It fits well with the style of the time then and could still turn heads today. Good work.

13 hours ago, HoMa said:

Looks great your 12 Volt style MOC steam engine! It fits really good in the line of "large" 12 Volt steam engines. Hmm, shouldn't call it a line, we only know the 7750 and it's bigger sister 7777 (which is a 7750+7810). Why not call yours a 7780 (50+30=80)?

Nice Idea, it can be the best fake set of the 80's :laugh:

This is the best version of the beautiful BR78 for the 12 volts system, that I've ever seen! :wub:

Wonderful MOC and amazing use of lights! :thumbup:

The background from the same era is the icing on the cake!

Bravissimo!

After the completion of the BR50, I'm revisiting also my old BR78 to be a bit more detailed :laugh:

This time I'm going straight to the building without any CAD...

...after all there's a really detailed blueprint to follow *huh*:laugh_hard:

20200128_213422

20200128_223536

The lights will be reworked, so only the central headlights will be functional according to direction. Also the bogies need some attention.

I'll update the post while work is ongoing!

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I'm curious to see how you will improve this already successful model! :wink:

I thought that mainly the front part could have been interested by this "update" , but currently I needed to modify also the "backbone" to make it a bit more solid :laugh:.

The old one was based on the 211, the newer one is based on a bit different model, the 047 which is a bit different- I am waiting for some parts to arrive, but it's quite finished :sweet:

...and here's the updated version :classic: :

Lego DB BR78 12v - Updated version

Apart the cabin and the central bogie, It's all new ?

One last shot with her new bigger sister, the BR50:

Lego DB BR50 622 and BR78 047 12v

I hope you like it!

Ciao,

Davide

20 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Uuuh, looking sweet. Have you tried her on the tight LEGO curves already?

Hm, that's a nice train collection BTW :wink:

Hi! Thank you! Yes, I tried it on my 12v track today and it works fine also an switches, like the older version.

5 hours ago, Arrow said:

Hai qualche foto in più di questa test station? :laugh:

Hi! Look at this old thread, you can both find the "test station" (the one you can see in the first photos) and "test track", which is a small oval I keep to run my 12v stuff :laugh:

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful rendition! :thumbup:

Thank you Emanuele! I admit - In these days I looked at your BR78 a lot!!! :wub:

Very cool locomotive, with such a different shape than usual for 12V locos!

Nice group shot too! I hope you will build a nice layout  to show them in their natural environment. :wink: