mediumsnowman

Trial by Jury: A Quickshot Mafia Game - Sign Ups

27767766439_86e0a0963f_b.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Notorious crime boss Sleaze Ballagio has been arrested for money laundering. The trial is fast approaching, but Judge Neil Justuss is justifiably worried that the jury selection process has been rigged! Members of the Bellagio crime family have infiltrated the jury, and are working even now to throw the trial in their favor. Will the townsfolk be able to identify the biased jury members among them before Sleaze walks free? 

25673467058_d9fd502433_b.jpg

Welcome back to Eurobricks mafia! It's been too long. To sign up, please answer the following questions:

1) Have you played Mafia on Eurobricks before more than once?

2) Will you be active and available (ie don't sign up if you're planning a three-week hike in the Swiss Alps with no internet access!) for the next 4-6 weeks?

3) On a scale on 1 to 12, how mad will you be if the game makes no attempt to follow "proper" courtroom procedure?

Signups will run for a little bit after we get 12 players. If more than 12 sign up (which would be great, means more people are interested in more games) players with at least one game under their belt will be prioritized over brand-new players, since this isn't a School. Any issues after that will be decided by lottery. So... signup! Tell your friends! Tell your enemies! Tell your second cousins, Eurobricks Mafia is back on the menu! I promise you it will be at least moderately interesting. :blush:

Edited by mediumsnowman
Swedish Alps...

Yay, more mafia!

1) Yes, and I even co-hosted the most recent game with DarkDragon.

2) I will certainly be available, unless I get jury duty.

3) I'd say around a 6. You can put that for the record, whoever is typing this court case.

1. I have played a number of games on Eurobricks.

2. Seeing as how the Swedish Alps were blown to smithereens, I don't appear to have an excuse.

3. I'm imagining you, a cement block, and a deep body of water.

Edited by fhomess

More mafia? I'm down! 

1. Yes, infact my first game was one you hosted. 

2. I will be active. 

3. Which ever number is the highest. If it's not a proper courtroom procedure then the Bellagio crime family will easily win. 

Also, it seems from this news report that the crime happened at the laundry mat near the Brick Bank. I always knew that a laundry mat so close to a bank would cause illegal activity. 

I'd love to join!

(1) No I've never played mafia.

(2) To quote @KotZ, I'll definitely be active. Unless I get jury duty. :laugh: :thumbup:

(3) Probably very high. Like, 10. But, I wouldn't be surprised. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

It's back!!

1.)  Yes, most recently Brickywood Mafia.

2.)  I will be active.

3.) very high, we must have a proper court system in order!

Yes! A great way to kick off the new year mediumsnowman!

1. Yep! 

2. Definitely will be active. I have to travel at the end of next week, but I'll still have internet.

3. Maybe a 3-4

1. None. So stick me on the subs bench coach, but I am ready!

2. Nothing on the horizon, but it is a blizzard at the moment so I can't see much anyway.

3. I can only count on one hand as my other hand is scratching... somewhere, so 5.

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'd love to join!

(1) No I've never played mafia.

(2) To quote @KotZ, I'll definitely be active. Unless I get jury duty. :laugh: :thumbup:

(3) Probably very high. Like, 10. But, I wouldn't be surprised. :hmpf_bad:

17 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

1. None. So stick me on the subs bench coach, but I am ready!

2. Nothing on the horizon, but it is a blizzard at the moment so I can't see much anyway.

3. I can only count on one hand as my other hand is scratching... somewhere, so 5.

Always great to have new players! I don’t see a problem waiving you in without a school as long as it’s clear with @Dragonator

I would recommend reading up on some old games and the Mafiascum.net wiki to get a good feel for the game.

However, if more than 12 sign up you guys will be lowest priority for spots. Nothing personal. :sweet:

Edited by mediumsnowman
Fixed tag

Just now, mediumsnowman said:

Always great to have new players! I don’t see a problem waiving you in without a school as long as it’s clear with @Dragonator

I would recommend reading up on some old games and the Mafiascum.net wiki to get a good feel for the game.

However, if more than 12 sign up you guys will be lowest priority for spots. Nothing personal. :sweet:

Will do! :sweet: Hope I can make it in, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

I'm in!

1) yes.

2) I'm hehere to stay.

3) As long as the book is thrown at the perp, and by book I mean Crime & Punishment. That's a long book and I imagine would hurt bit.

Edited by Forresto

1) Yeah, I've played before.

2) I've got Heroica to finish up, but other than that nothing big going on, hopefully.

3) 12. Absolutely livid. The only way to make up for this is if this entire mafia game references Gilbert and Sullivan's "Trial By Jury" at every chance it gets.

1. No, but I am an active BotBS player here.

2. I am and will be active daily.

3. I do not really care to be honest. :pir-grin:

Perfect timing, I'm on break between semesters!

1) Have you played Mafia on Eurobricks before more than once?

Yes, many many games....and missed some sadly due to school.

2) Will you be active and available (ie don't sign up if you're planning a three-week hike in the Swiss Alps with no internet access!) for the next 4-6 weeks?

Of course, as long as I'm not snowed in with only the glow of a campfire to eat my fondue and drink my wine by.

3) On a scale on 1 to 12, how mad will you be if the game makes no attempt to follow "proper" courtroom procedure?

12....unless of course there are bribes of Swiss Chocolate involved.

58 minutes ago, Lady K said:

12....unless of course there are bribes of Swiss Chocolate involved.

:grin: :thumbup: 1 to go!

Count me in!

Have you played Mafia on Eurobricks before more than once? Heh

2) Will you be active and available (ie don't sign up if you're planning a three-week hike in the Swiss Alps with no internet access!) for the next 4-6 weeks? I’ll postpone the Alps

3) On a scale on 1 to 12, how mad will you be if the game makes no attempt to follow "proper" courtroom procedure? 3.14159

Hmmm, this seems interesting.

1) This is my first Mafia game

2) I'm not doing anything important, so yeah, I'm available.

3) 12/12. Anything other than Phoenix Wright or Boot to the head levels of court chaos will not be tolerated.

Argh, shazbat. my sign up was too late.

That’s 12! I don’t think we’ll get anymore, topic can be closed. Role PM’s should go out within 24 hours and I’ll a C&D thread up soon after that. 

9 hours ago, Drunknok said:

1. No, but I am an active BotBS player here.

2. I am and will be active daily.

3. I do not really care to be honest. :pir-grin:

Always good to see new faces! As I said above to the other new players, please read up on the Mafiascum.net wiki and run through a few old games to get a good feel for rules and gameplay. :wink: I guarantee it will be beneficial.

27 minutes ago, Steamdemon said:

Hmmm, this seems interesting.

1) This is my first Mafia game

2) I'm not doing anything important, so yeah, I'm available.

3) 12/12. Anything other than Phoenix Wright or Boot to the head levels of court chaos will not be tolerated.

Argh, shazbat. my sign up was too late.

I can put you down as a reserve if you would like. Stuff happens and I can recall a couple games where people had to drop out, in which case you’ll be the first in line for their spot. Either way, I would suggest you do the same as @Drunknok above and read the wiki and some old games in case you’re needed, and be ready to sign up for whoever hosts after me. :sweet:

@Dragonator any issues waiving in 3 without passing a school? I don’t think there should be, just want to confirm.

9 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Just missed the boat on this one, it seems. Have fun guys!

Well members with at least one game under their belt are prioritized. Soooo....

4 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Well members with at least one game under their belt are prioritized. Soooo....

Well I'm not gonna swoop in and use my measly three games worth of experience to take their fun. The only way to get more members to have game experience for next time is to let some people go for the first time, this time.

18 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Well I'm not gonna swoop in and use my measly three games worth of experience to take their fun. The only way to get more members to have game experience for next time is to let some people go for the first time, this time.

Cool! :blush:

Eventually, will future games be able to be expanded to allow more players? Or does it become to much to manage?