Lox Lego

1970 Porsche Can Am - 42077 C-Model + Instructions

After a grueling 10 hour dual build with my Brother Dugald, we have successfully completed a proper C-Model for the 42077 Lego Rally car. The car can have all the motors easily removed and an HOG steering can been added for a proper C-model.

We managed to create completely new suspension, most notably the front suspension tuned in by none other that @DugaldIC with Ackerman steering :) 

This video was filmed with a Buwizz 2.0, 1 M-motor for drive that powers boxer V6 and servo. 

This build uses 100% of the parts from the rally car. (with option of adding or removing motors)

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-12233/Loxlego/1970-porsche-can-am-42077-rally-car-c-model/#parts

38655462065_2aa51842b8_b.jpg1970 Porsche Can Am by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

25681190738_d7a5fee4de_b.jpg1970 Porsche Can Am by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

24684196357_bd798a8797_b.jpg1970 Porsche Can Am by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

38842663884_2f8a4a267d_b.jpg1970 Porsche Can Am by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Inspiration: 

25681200758_cd2a720aaf.jpg1970 Porsche Can Am - inspiration by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

From Rally to Porsche

1970 Porsche Can Am - underbelly

Edited by Lox Lego

I really like what you've done here, the color scheme could be better but after all it is a C model. For those complaining about the openness of the models fender wells, they should check out that car you used for inspiration. Boy race cars sure have come a long ways since then. 

Very nice C model, it resembles original lines very well and you added important details like air coolin vents over boxer engine :thumbup:

I've just finished building the main model of this and was about to do the buggy but I'd love to build this model!  Using all the parts from the main set is very impressive also.  Great work!

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I really like what you've done here, the color scheme could be better but after all it is a C model. For those complaining about the openness of the models fender wells, they should check out that car you used for inspiration. Boy race cars sure have come a long ways since then. 

Thanks! It turns out the rally car set had more odd number of parts than anything I’ve seen before! 

7 hours ago, Jurss said:

This would be good, even if it won't be Cmodel.

Thanks @Jurss ? i would love to put this thing together again with proper panels to suit the real car. 

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Very nice C model, it resembles original lines very well and you added important details like air coolin vents over boxer engine :thumbup:

Yes, that was @DugaldICs idea ? 

4 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

Man, this model makes me want to buy 42077. :wub:

Do you plan to make instructions for it?

Yes, I will be doing Instructions for sure 

3 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Excellent C model.

Thanks @technic_addict ?

3 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Beautiful :wub: makes the set worth buying!

Right on!

2 hours ago, ZeDoC said:

Goog job, i like. 

Thanks @ZeDoC and welcome to Eurobricks 

Great lines, very clever use of all the parts! My favorite is the placement of the mudguard panel :)

ExCellent build!  The Rally car looks to be a great set for the variety of panels included.

7 hours ago, vectormatic said:

i love that! the pics look better then the a or b models!

Thanks, it was a fun afternoon build for the two of us so we're happy it panned out. Glad you like it. 

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

If I get this set, your C-model will be my A-model! Love the design, especially the use of all the parts. Mudguard is perfect in the front like that.

Thanks, the mudguard was too perfect to pass up. 

51 minutes ago, KD123 said:

ExCellent build!  The Rally car looks to be a great set for the variety of panels included.

It's a great set but as @Lox Lego mentioned it's a very odd set for both colours and singular pieces but I think if it was redone in in solid colours it would be better. 

Good model. This makes 2 alternate C models I have seen so far for this set.

Edited by Meatman

11 hours ago, Meatman said:

Good model. This makes 2 alternate C models I have seen so far for this set.

What was the other?

I rebuilt it to check the instructions but I also wanted to redo the colour scheme for the golf livery in a proper blue white and orange. I also added a functioning steering wheel. This is an awesome little build and super fun to play with. 2018-01-15_11-43-13

2018-01-15_11-42-12

2018-01-15_11-41-28

2018-01-15_11-45-41

2018-01-15_11-45-06

2018-01-15_11-40-42

2018-01-15_11-57-402018-01-15_11-58-29

And how could I pass up a few pictures with its little 911 brothers! 

Edited by DugaldIC

I figured i should drop by and mention i just bought the instructions, they look awesome, and a lot of work must have gone into making them!

Dont actually have the set yet, but i figured i should have the instructions ready to go for when my resolve finally breaks!