@Bregir @Mesabi @Roadmonkeytj

To avoid any confusion, the characters split as follows:

• the Nipper has Pip, Thaum and all of "Black Squad"
  • the Cranky Parrot has Captain Riley and his crew

Also, since I really want the Nipper to make it to Mesabi Landing the coming turn, my argument for why that is feasible and fine:

Spoiler
  1. The Nipper has a range of 5, allowing it to travel the equivalent of 6 MRCA zones as per the ship rules.
  2. So with the current MRCA map it could travel from Mesabi Landing or Jameston to any port on Terraversa in one turn.
  3. Comparing this with the map of the New Haven Sea, that equates to more than the distance between Calinstock and Mesabi Landing.
  4. I chose "narrow" for my AMRCA, so would expect no diversion.
  5. Combine all these points, and the Nipper should indeed arrive in Mesabi Landing in the upcoming turn.

@Drunknok

Calinstock disappeared from the horizon, and the Nipper continued onwards, back to the city of Mesabi Landing. Weeks passed uneventfully, but it was clear that the trip was longer than expected, and supplies was starting to run out. The crew started to show signs of scurvy and something had to be done. A small half moon shaped island came into sight (island 2). The crew of the Nipper had to make a choice.

• We must seek shelter
    The Nipper will end its turn at island 2. Show the crew restocking and indicate where they go next. 1 build required.
  • Run like smoke'n'oakum!
    Throw the guns overboard and let her stretch out! This option will allow you to go to Mesabi Landing this turn, but will also apply a BoBS card locked to the Nipper with range +1, crew -1, and firepower -2.

If this option is taken, the following applies:

Soon, they were in the familiar water of the East Prio Sea. After a quick stop in Jameston, to resupply, they reached Argentia, worn and spent.
    But as they rounded the Island, they noticed that Mesabi Landing was much larger than when they had left, and also, more wet. In fact, what had once been a massive harbour was now a debris filled shoreline. 
    Pip and a few men rowed to shore, and disembarked. Streets were muddy, and the once fabulous rail lines were now far too damaged to take. Pip continued on foot, until she found the WTC offices, which were still somewhat intact. There, Mordo sat grumpily behind a desk of papers.

"Have you come to bring me more bad news?" asked Mordo. 
    "No," Said Pip, "Though it turns out there is nothing but open water above Stormhaven. Anyways, we had incredible adventures, and discovered interesting things in the New Haven Sea." She filled him in, and Mordo filled her in on the situation in Mesabi Landing. 
    "Well, we certainly have some options we can take." Said Pip. 
    Options:
    • Restock and Return
      As you are in a friendly port, you may add resources, or ships to your adventure. Any ship from Zone 35, or 32 may join the next leg of your adventure, with your permission. However, you may be slower upon the return, depending on what is added to your adventure. 
      1 microbuild of the fleet headed back to Calinstock is required. 
    • Assist Mesabi Landing
      Build a property in Mesabi Landing (small or medium) which can be licensed for free despite the licensing ban.
      1 build required.  

=============================================================================

MEANWHILE

=============================================================================

Captain Riley and his men watched the Nipper disappear. It would take long before anyone would be able to respond to its return. Circumnavigating Calinstock had yielded nothing of note, so how will the expedition pass the time?

Explore the Tower

Either the top or the cellar of the tower may yield something interesting. Show your expedition clearing the rubble and exploring the top, or circumventing the traps and exploring the cellar.

1 build required. 

Set up Camp

You might be here a while, so it could do to set up some fortifications. Or maybe some houses. Or a Spa. 

1 build required, must be licensable under EGS. This will establish a squatter settlement on Calinstock.

1 option from each set may be taken. 

Nice set of options once again, my thanks to the team! :thumbup:

37 minutes ago, Bregir said:

a BoBS card locked to the Nipper with range +1, crew -1, and firepower -2.

Is this one permanent? If not, how can I get rid of it?

I also assume the "crew=0 card" is discarded with this option?

Just now, Drunknok said:

Is this one permanent? If not, how can I get rid of it?

Yes, it is. Looking at the distances, for the Nipper to make it all that way in uncharted waters, something extraordinary has to be done, so we had to balance it out.

Just now, Drunknok said:

I also assume the "crew=0 card" is discarded with this option?

As you reach a Corlander port, yes - I believe that was the rules set out originally? (Please correct me if I remember incorrectly)

On 2/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, Bregir said:

Yes, it is. Looking at the distances, for the Nipper to make it all that way in uncharted waters, something extraordinary has to be done, so we had to balance it out.

While I disagree - I have made my case, and think this was completely unnecessary - things are as they are. A permanent higher range is something!

As you reach a Corlander port, yes - I believe that was the rules set out originally? (Please correct me if I remember incorrectly)

As of the time of this post Mesabi Landing is still with Corrington. :pir-grin:

So with the original values from here, the "crew=0" removed and the new card applied, the Nippers stats are now: R6, M2, F0, C2, $5, H1.

Edited by Drunknok

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

I have made my case

By my observation, a range 5 vessel can only just make it to nelissa from Mesabi Landing, not to terraversa, the scale on the new haven sea map is quite large compared to the others, and we are talking uncharted waters, not known sea zones.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

the Nippers stats are now: R6, M2, F0, C2, $5, H1. 

This sounds about right.

15 minutes ago, Bregir said:

By my observation, a range 5 vessel can only just make it to nelissa from Mesabi Landing, not to terraversa, the scale on the new haven sea map is quite large compared to the others, and we are talking uncharted waters, not known sea zones.

A range 5 ship can travel 6 zones per MRCA. Starting from zone 35 you could either go 33-29-24-20-17-13 to reach Terraversa directly, or reach zones 14 or 15 by similar courses (MRCA map for reference). Scale is not an issue, as I originally compared equal distances on both maps.

Your starting zone is part of the 6 zones. I think that is where the misunderstanding lies.

12 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Your starting zone is part of the 6 zones. I think that is where the misunderstanding lies.

Ha, I actually had it wrong all the time. Thanks for the correction, I finally got it right. :thumbup:

Just a short text-only update, I choose the following options for this turn:

On 2/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, Bregir said:

We must seek shelter
The Nipper will end its turn at island 2. Show the crew restocking and indicate where they go next. 1 build required.

[...]

Set up Camp

You might be here a while, so it could do to set up some fortifications. Or maybe some houses. Or a Spa. 

1 build required, must be licensable under EGS. This will establish a squatter settlement on Calinstock.

Chapter VII - Intermissions

Soaring over the palmtrees, a symbol of freedom and grace, an eagle was peacefully flying over an island in the western New Haven Sea.

MKAuRvd.jpg

The peace was not meant to last though...

BLAM!!!

Q5AJKvb.jpg

"Good shot, Doc. Something proper to eat again!"

1AvbPPD.jpg

"Now let us get this bird back on board, we have some sailing left to do before we are finally home again.

Mesabi Landing is still waiting, even if I doubt that something horrible would ever happen to it!"

Spoiler

c5gxGda.jpg

=====

Meanwhile on Calinstock the crew of the Cranky Parrot had set up camp, awaiting the return of their comrades. With the ship having dropped anchor a bit away from the ominous tower, they had decided to build a small hut as shelter and collect some of the fruits they had discovered already. Together with more fish they had everything needed for now.

MSpPyNG.jpg.8Xybpeq.jpg

Spoiler

3UMS238.jpg

Edited by Drunknok

On 2/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, Bregir said:

Set up Camp

The settlement thread for this one is up now, named Proxyville for the time being.

@Darnok

The Nipper

The Nipper had been restocked, and the remaining trip back to Mesabi Landing transpired without incident (apart from a few drunken brawls...). It was a healthy crew that arrived at a settlement which looked somewhat different from the one they had left all those months ago. It would appear that many buildings had been repaired, improved, and renovated, and while it still had the pioneering spirit about it, everything looked more solid, of higher quality, and the crew had to wonder what had happened. Outside the settlement, they found their clues, as broken palms and dried up sea weeds showing signs of the tsunami that had devastated the city.

Upon landing, they found a lively market, and could sell exotic goods, stories, and maps from the new lands for a grand total of 250 dbs. (Transferred directly) But what would they do now?

On Calinstock

The crew had settled in nicely in their new camp, which had turned more permanent than first expected. They had had ample time to build up the facilities needed for comfortable living. (two small and one medium properties can be licensed by microbuild at normal cost. Can be one microbuild, but all three buildings must stand out)

It would seem a WTC paradise - far from, even unknown for the Corlander authorities, and their location only known to themselves and the crew of the Nipper. Would this be a new start for the crew, and what would they do with their time? There was still plenty to explore on the island, the strange tower, or they could expand on their settlement. What would be next?

On 7/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, Bregir said:

Upon landing, they found a lively market, and could sell exotic goods, stories, and maps from the new lands for a grand total of 250 dbs. (Transferred directly)

These do not show up yet. While we're at it: the last Account Summary is from April, when will we see an update?

14 hours ago, Darnok said:

These do not show up yet. While we're at it: the last Account Summary is from April, when will we see an update?

Hmm, those should show up directly. I know an update of the account sheets is underway, so let's see if that fixes it. :)