BrickVault

Star Wars Rebels UCS Ghost - Minifig Scale

10 hours ago, atlas said:

Where did you hear this?

Some Star Wars: Rebels Recon episode. Not sure which one, sorry. Or it was a Doug Chiang video from Rogue One, haha.

5 hours ago, Jerac said:

I guess it is a joke, much like they also deliberately made TIE ships' cockpit to sphere diameter ratio undoable in small scale in LEGO... ;p

haha

image.png.b4be82ed91c82c4300d4181b37632939.png

Though, I think Inthert's design comes pretty close

I watched some of your livestreams when building this monster. It looks even better than I imagined it! If I had the funds I would definitely consider building this beast. I really like the Rebels TV show but I love how you incorporated details from its appearance in Rogue One.

Impressive, most impressive.

On 06/01/2018 at 12:07 AM, BrickVault said:

We measured the dimensions perfectly from the 3D images that Disney released with the Rogue one and matched it up with the official sizing.

@BrickVault Can I ask where these 3d rigs are available?

Love Rebels and really like the Ghost. 

I missed my chance to get the commercial set but staring at this beast more than makes up for it =) 

Great job! But now I cannot wait to see how you do the Phantoms!

You guys did a great job on the Ghost. I own the official Lego version and this blows that away. I'm interested in building this one day and started pricing out the pieces per the Rebrickable part list. I found a few pieces that do not exist in the color specified and would like your opinion on alternate parts or colors.

There are 7 Bright Green elements in this build. 5 of them (3005, 3024, 3623, 3070b and 2412b) do not exist in Bright Green. What other element or what other shade of green would you recommend as a replacement? Also, would it be better to change all 7 elements to this shade or only the 5 in question? The Flat Silver Bar (92690) does not exist either. What other color would you recommend?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by rockpig

On 1/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, TWP said:

Though... in the video, I couldn't help noticing... ROUGE One...*huh* I sincerely hope this was intentional :laugh:

rouge-one-a-star-wars-story-spelling-is-

I LOLd so hard over this :laugh:

But to stay on target: holy sith, this is amazing. Not a big fan of this Rebels-shenanigan but this model is very impressive.

On 18.1.2018 at 12:59 PM, rockpig said:

There are 7 Bright Green elements in this build. 5 of them (3005, 3024, 3623, 3070b and 2412b) do not exist in Bright Green. What other element or what other shade of green would you recommend as a replacement? Also, would it be better to change all 7 elements to this shade or only the 5 in question? The Flat Silver Bar (92690) does not exist either. What other color would you recommend?

I changed the Bright Green into Lime and the Flat Silver into Metallic Silver.

There are a lot of parts in the list, were the original colors are very expensive. The Dark Bluish Wegde Plate 6x6 Cut Corner as an example. BrickStock calculated an amazing prize round about 2.800 € for all iarts in new condition.

On 10/01/2018 at 3:54 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Impressive, most impressive.

@BrickVault Can I ask where these 3d rigs are available?

Or does anyone else know? 

Thanks in advance.:wink:

Just downloaded the updated instructions, looking forward to the build.  1,120 pages will be quite a task.  I am about 75% complete obtaining the parts.

Thanks for posting the build. 

BTW:  I noticed that the rebrickable doesn't match the updated BOM, missing 10 x Light Bluish Gray 18677 plate with pinholes and 5 x Black 18677 32mm rigid hose

EDIT:  Also would recommend changing the Bright Green pieces to Lime, and the 1x3 Dark Red 3622 to a 1x2 Dark Red 3004 and 1x1 3006.

-Brian

Edited by BrianGT
added comment on lime and dark red piece issues with BOM

I think, you don't need 5 black rigid hoses.

There is only 1 black hose in the instruction (Page #109).

All the other little parts of hose (see page 707, 709, 739, 741, 806, 825 i.e.) are in light bluish gray.

I am just going by the updated BOM that was mailed out the other day.  It shows 5, but agree and I didn't see the need for all 5, based on looking over the manual. 

13 hours ago, airbag42 said:

I think, you don't need 5 black rigid hoses.

There is only 1 black hose in the instruction (Page #109).

All the other little parts of hose (see page 707, 709, 739, 741, 806, 825 i.e.) are in light bluish gray.

What are those little hose parts on pages 707, 709, etc? I don't see any LBG hoses in the instructions.

It seems like the DBG 2 x 10 Bricks are hard to come by. I figure they can each be replaced by 3  2 x 10 Plates. That way the structural integrity they may provide won't be compromised. Same for the Dark Red 1x3 brick - 3  1 x 3 Plates.

2 hours ago, rockpig said:

It seems like the DBG 2 x 10 Bricks are hard to come by. I figure they can each be replaced by 3  2 x 10 Plates. That way the structural integrity they may provide won't be compromised. Same for the Dark Red 1x3 brick - 3  1 x 3 Plates.

Looks like it was a pretty arbitrary decision to use 2x10 bricks.  I was looking to redo the section with 2x8 and 2x6 bricks.

Also, no need to buy the expensive 7L axles in black, when you don't see them.  LBG ones should suffice. 

Here are my "replacements"

3x  Light Bluish Gray Bar 1 x 3 with 2 Stud Receptacles (Radio Handle, Phone Handset) => Dark Bluish Gray

2x  Dark Bluish Gray Bar 4L (Lightsaber Blade / Wand) => Light Bluish Gray

1x Light Bluish Gray Container, Bucket 1 x 1 x 1 Handle / Scooter Stand => Black

2x Light Bluish Gray Technic, Axle 7 => Black

2x Light Bluish Gray Slope, Curved 6 x 2 => Dark Bluish Gray

18x Dark Bluish Gray Wedge, Plate 6 x 6 Cut Corner => Dark Gray

1x Dark Red Brick 1 x 3 => 1x Dark Red Brick 1 x 2 + 1x Dark Red Brick 1 x 2

5x Dark Bluish Gray Brick 2 x 10 => 5x Dark Bluish Gray Brick 2 x 4 + 1x Dark Bluish Gray Brick 2 x 6

5x Black Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 32L => 1x Black Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 14L / 11.2cm + 4x Light Bluish Gray Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 21L / 16.8cm

All the Bright Green Parts in Lime.

Wow, that really great! I just started to watch Rebels and I like this ship :grin:

This sort of scale/level of detail on the sort of ship people can live on in Star Wars is a thing I have been thinking on for Lego MOCs for several years now since it is an obvious sort of fantasy of many scifi fans to have their own ship to explore the galaxy with. I totally understand why Lego doesn't make one though since the parts count alone would be huge and it wouldn't be a big enough market for them to take advantage of. That being soid the Ghost is not exactly the size/ship I have been wanting but your MOC is just so well done I am strongly considering building one of my own.

I have three questions though: First how much does the entire thing weigh? Second I want to recolor it so as to not make the Ghost but a different VCX-100. Would this be problematic with any rarer pieces or generally raise the cost if I big basic colors such as dark grey and green? And third would it be a huge rebuild to extend the bottom cargo hull back 2-3 times as far to add cargo space and defeat the landing gear balance issue?

Hi Everyone,
I had to abandon this build due to its’ sheer size. I simply have nowhere to display this. Despite this, I built about 70% (pages 1 – 743 and pages 988 – 1040) of this magnificent creation. Finally, coming to grips with the fact that it was impossible to display this anywhere, regrettably, I have decided to sell all the parts to anyone who is interested. I have disassembled what I built. All the parts are counted, bagged and labelled by color and type. If you are interested in purchasing the parts, please PM me on this site.
Thanks,
rockpig

18 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yes!!! This is an absolutely incredible build! 

Indeed, it is. Many clever building techniques are used in this MOC. It is a shame to have to sell these parts.