BrickVault

Star Wars Rebels UCS Ghost - Minifig Scale

Hi everyone this is my first time posting a new topic here and I figured why not start with something BIG. With over 250 hours in design time and 80 more spend during the first build, our minfig scale Lego Ghost from Star Wars: Rebels is finally alive. Actually it takes a lot of its added detail & inspiration from the Rogue One movie so it's kind of a hybrid cartoon/live-action model. We measured the dimensions perfectly from the 3D images that Disney released with the Rogue one and matched it up with the official sizing. It's bigger than the USC falcon in every way and we don't know where to put it. Like we really don't have room for it...

Instructions for this beast are available here https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-ghos

Personally I've really enjoyed the Rebels TV show, especially the later seasons and considering how monumental the Ghost was in establishing the rebellion we felt it deserved a minifig scale model to sit side by side with other iconic ships like the Falcon and Slave 1. We will be showing it off at Bricks LA this weekend (provided it survives the trip)

38817202184_54b2be29ea_c.jpg

38817202734_be334662f3_c.jpg

The engines were difficult to say the least..

38817201594_3777c2d3d1_c.jpg

38817203004_2d92868d1f_c.jpg

38817201844_5291b9fc56_c.jpg

We also modeled the crew quarters area. It would have been fun to do the mess hall as well but we couldn't think of a practical way to remove the entire top rear section of the ship so we decided to just avoid it. Phantoms are in the works :)

Incredible! just Incredible. You seem to have conquered the most frustrating part which others have failed to do and that's having a proper structure. I like how smooth you were able to keep it with all the complicated angles and slopes the ship has. The interior is a great touch also. Very simple, and accurate! 

Incredible work. I'm a huge fan of the Ghost. Any idea how much it would cost to BL the parts? (not that I'm going to do it, just curious)

Looks great, fantastic MOC! That's quite a lot of hours spend into making it. It's nice to see you took enough time to develop an accurate build using images of both the show and those officially released by Lucasfilm. Nice catch in seeing the Ghost design has changed, I didn't know that!

Though... in the video, I couldn't help noticing... ROUGE One...*huh* I sincerely hope this was intentional :laugh:

rouge-one-a-star-wars-story-spelling-is-

Edited by TWP
Couldn't resist the image :P

Just stunning, a ton of work here for a very well planned model. Crew quarters seem kinda tight but look great. :thumbup:

Beautiful model! I saw the video last night and was blown away and I still am.

Not that you would really ever want to, nor risk it, but is the ship at all swooshable?

Edited by Forresto

Thank you all for the awesome comments. To answer a few questions. It costs about $1500 in parts. Depending on how thrifty you can be maybe less. It's almost 12,000 pieces so there is only so much you can do to get that number down. Is it swoosh-able? Well it takes 2 people just to move it so not really. The video really doesn't do the size justice, this thing is massive. It's actually funny how much bigger it is than a minifig scale AT-AT. If the Rebels had the Ghost on Hoth they would have been fine!

The Rouge one thing cracked me up. Sadly it was not intentional. If I had a nickle for every time Jack misspelled something in a video I would be a rich man.

38 minutes ago, BrickVault said:

The Rouge one thing cracked me up. Sadly it was not intentional. If I had a nickle for every time Jack misspelled something in a video I would be a rich man.

Haha, okay, it's okay. A minor issue and common mistake. Had me a grin for the rest of the video. I always remember that image when seeing Rouge xD

Luckily the rest of the video was very well and professionally done visually as usual :)

Absolutely stunning.  That's the best I've sever seen the Ghost look.  Fantastic job getting the shaping right, and you've made some great choices with the interpretation of the different versions of the design.  :wub:

38674657135_f683a3f759_c.jpg

Ghost survived the trip to Bricks LA 2018. Actually it wasn't that bad at all. Only lost 1 panel on the way back so pretty good all things considered. Look at that puny fig-scale AT-AT trying to look impressive next to the Ghost!

Actually it seems the AT-AT is way too small. For minifigs, the front visor should be at least 8 studs wide if not 10, hm... I sense some size discrepancy within the movies themselves!

I am not surprised by the size of the Ghost, at all. It is supposed to be - at least - as big as the Millennium Falcon, and anybody trying to design a livable spaceship with interior knows how big the final design will be. Btw it seems it needs fourth leg in the rear, is it rear-heavy?

Edited by Jerac

Are you planning on uploading a parts lists to rebrickable?  Would like to understand approx. costs pof this prior to purchasing instructions.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jerac said:

I am not surprised by the size of the Ghost, at all. It is supposed to be - at least - as big as the Millennium Falcon, and anybody trying to design a livable spaceship with interior knows how big the final design will be. Btw it seems it needs fourth leg in the rear, is it rear-heavy?

Yeah, It's quite rear heavy, but only has three landing gear in the show - two in the middle and one in the front. The art department of Lucasfilm made it delibirately unbalanced so It wouldn't be possible to reproduce it in the flesh.

Absolutely incredible :thumbup: You've really nailed the detail and structure of the ship. I can't wait to see the Phantoms next to this. 

Don’t really like rebels, but its fantastic. Insane attention to detail and the size is just ridiculous, in a good way of course. 

15 hours ago, TWP said:

Yeah, It's quite rear heavy, but only has three landing gear in the show - two in the middle and one in the front. The art department of Lucasfilm made it delibirately unbalanced so It wouldn't be possible to reproduce it in the flesh.

Where did you hear this?

I guess it is a joke, much like they also deliberately made TIE ships' cockpit to sphere diameter ratio undoable in small scale in LEGO... ;p

Absolutely gorgeous! Extremely impressive, especially with all the little details all over. I could spend ages just looking at this.

While I do not like either the series or the Ghosts design, this MOC is absolutely incredible! Very impressive build, a fine rendition of the series model, with lots of sweet interior details. Well done! :thumbup: