TheBrickPal

Unikitty! 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

To be fair, they are supposed to be blind bags.

Heh, true.  Trying to tell the figures in this series apart through the bags will certainly be more of a pain than with the previous few CMF lines, though.

Agree. I thought it was going to be like the Mixels and you would know what character you get, but nope. These are blind bags. Savage

Unikitty is one of the greatest things ever.

So 'military camouflage' Unikitty is from Sparkle Matter Matters when Unikitty and Dr. Fox spotter/sniper slingshot Richard with the synthetic sparkle matters serum to try and make him be happy. They're dressed like that for about 10 seconds and the sniper shot was more like a gigantic mortar. After that things get crazy and eventually Unikitty learns a lesson about letting people be happy in their own ways.

Skip to 5:10 for surveillance and target acquisition Unikitty, the camouflage is little hearts:

Edit: video not available in all countries. :cry_sad:

Edited by koalayummies

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

One of them is in military camo? :distressed: :look:

The only set I'm particularly interested in is the brick bucket, but only in the hopes Lego will end up adopting that type of set for other playthemes, licensed or otherwise.

Seeing the brick bucket expand into something other then classic is nice, never got one before but between the Unikitty and Building Bigger Thinking ones I want to try and get one. A city brick bucket would be neat it could have elements useful for building citys 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

A city brick bucket would be neat it could have elements useful for building citys 

How about a Batcave Bucket, if you know what I mean? :wink:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

How about a Batcave Bucket, if you know what I mean? :wink:

Haha great minds think alike! Batcave Bucket filled with bat suits, weapons, cave like elements, vehicle parts oh my the list could go on 

1 minute ago, Nexogeek said:

Batcave Bucket filled with bat suits, weapons, cave like elements, vehicle parts oh my the list could go on 

Exactly, a freeform, Batman themed Creator set! :grin:

Speaking of such, how about a Green Lantern bucket? That would be even more fitting for such a set!

Edited by Digger of Bricks

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I noticed that! Unkitty is wearing a military uniform! The heck???

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

One of them is in military camo? :distressed: :look:

Whilst I am against Lego depicting modern military stuff, I don't really think that a unicorn-cat hybrid princess  in teal heart covered camo actually crosses the line too much.:shrug_confused:

@koalayummies That video is unavailable in my country. :cry_sad:

I like these more than I though I would but I won't be any besides one or two blind bags, I haven't watched the show yet but it could be good, I'll check out when I'm free. The dinosour unikitty is the best figure (? do theses even count as figures?) followed by Doctor Fox (who is voiced by the same actress as Sadie Miller from Steven universe and Clay face for the lego batman movie, for those of you who care) and Hawkodile. 

The cloud bases from the blind bags look ace.

Edited by Agent Kallus

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Exactly, a freeform, Batman themed Creator set! :grin:

Speaking of such, how about a Green Lantern bucket? That would be even more fitting for such a set!

Why not have a Batcave bucket and then just a DC bucket for everything else, a batcave one would sell pretty well I would think seeing as how people love doing batcave setups. they can include the new molds from the summer sets and the recent power blast packs in them as well, and lots of batsuits we haven't gotten yet

These look very wacky and fun - and I like that all of the characters are pretty much made from regular Lego parts or new regular Lego parts (unlike something like Angry Birds for instance), making customizing so easy!

This will also be the first truly blind blind-bag series, apart from being able to differentiate between sitting and standing Kitty and between Kitty and Pupper, but since they're all so cute I can see myself picking up a few.

It's not for everybody of course, but overall I feel like Lego has done an excellent job!

From Brickfinder

Jump into the wonderful and glittering world of Unikitty! ™ with the Series 1 Collectibles Unikitty! ™ 41775, with buildable characters in limited edition. Discover Unikitty ™ and Prince Puppycorn ™ in a completely new version! Each character comes with a collector’s brochure and a cloud-shaped display plate. There are 12 to collect and exchange with your friends! Which character will you find in the surprise bag?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Robert8

Any word on the price for the figure series? Hoping its not $3.99 like CMF's but at least even though they are for once true blind bags, there isn't 16-20 likes CMF's a dozen per series for something like this is much more practical. Really wish they were like the Mixals were you knew what you were getting or for them to have a code for specific ones, if these have bump codes for each version that maybe be the one way to possibly get the ones you want but then again those aren't always 100%

3 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Hoping its not $3.99

They are.

Anyone noticed that it's only the first serie?

Certainly like what I’m seeing here. May pick up a few of those blind bags just for the hell of it. 

I can pass on all of the sets without losing too much sleep but a nice wave all told.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

They are.

Anyone noticed that it's only the first serie?

Thanks, I noticed that as well! Given how they design things so far in advance they could have series 2 planned out already. Also you happen to be dimaks_lego on instagram? If so was just looking at your page lol 

Just now, LegoShroom said:

Certainly like what I’m seeing here. May pick up a few of those blind bags just for the hell of it. 

Same. But I'm afraid of getting one because I'm a completist hahaha  :sing:

I really like the sets. Buildable figs just like old times. Just with a bit of printing now and of course different moulds lol. But this is just what i want to give to my daughter. Very well done Lego. 

The cloud tiles are great (although the sick unikitty should have had an yellowgreenish one).

Will buy some sets!

Cutest things ever!  So love everything about them, except how to tell which is which in the bags.  Oh, well.  Can't have everything in life!

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

I'm disappointed the Unikingdom box doesn't come with "the Dog" from TLM, but it all looks like bizarre creative fun! I hope this theme does well.

Well the Dog building along with all of Cloud Cuckoo Land was destroyed in TLM, its also a different license.

We still have hope of Unikitty CMF 2 having a grey 1x3 brick with a face on it. That would be so amazing. :laugh:

The neck connections look different as well, they don't look like 1x1 round plates like all the other original Unikittys had.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

We still have hope of Unikitty CMF 2 having a grey 1x3 brick with a face on it. That would be so amazing. :laugh:

He's in the Dr. Fox Laboratory set. You can see him listed as "Rick" with the other characters on the box.

I'm torn about the blind bags. I really want to collect them all but the chances of getting doubles is extremely high and trying to get a full set might end up costing more than the other series that had far more figures. The minifigure swap events at LEGO Stores aren't helpful because they only have them on Mondays.

7 minutes ago, Arigomi said:

He's in the Dr. Fox Laboratory set. You can see him listed as "Rick" with the other characters on the box.

Yeah. I was referring to earlier discussions about how hilarious it would be if Richard were in the CMF bags:

On 1/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, Robert8 said:

So a 3x1 brick is a character???

Can you imagine opening a blind CMF bag and getting only a 3x1 brick with a face HAHAHAHA

$4 for a 3x1 brick

Still makes me laugh. Its from this early thread on the Unikitty subject that was for some reason title-edited:

Edit: aren't the minifigure swap days only for kids as well (there's a lot of fine print on those calendars)? If you go around release day there will surely be fans huddled around the CMF boxes; you could purchase a few then cut them open and possibly swap with others there on the spot.

Edited by koalayummies

@WhiteFang please tell me you'll review this series :laugh: 

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

The neck connections look different as well, they don't look like 1x1 round plates like all the other original Unikittys had.

I think there are more new moulds here than what we can see in the pics

The original Unikitty's head fells easily, so I guess they just figured out how to make it more stable

46 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

@WhiteFang please tell me you'll review this series :laugh: 

I think there are more new moulds here than what we can see in the pics

The original Unikitty's head fells easily, so I guess they just figured out how to make it more stable

Neck piece is https://brickset.com/parts/design-31561, bottom part of the head is a new 1x3 inverted tile with a 3.2mm hole through the center.