TheBrickPal

Unikitty! 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Is the CMF description really accurate? If so, it's a huge break from previous CMFs, which almost universally conform to the classic head, torso, legs formulaβ€”I can only imagine that a Unikitty series would require much more building, almost more like the non-blind-bagged Mixels.

I've been a little ambivalent toward the Unikitty series up to now despite being a huge Unikitty aficionado, but now that it's getting sets maybe I ought to check it out.

Interesting. I probably won't buy any, but I'm curious to see how the TV show will translate into set form. Hopefully it turns out okay.

Unikitty sets are really good news and confirmations for meΒ :wub:

I wish for a castle!Β 

And a Unikitty CMF would be so so great!

But CMF are 710xx, Β and Unikitty polybags seem like mixels ones, as written Β in Harry Potter discussion.Β 

Very interesting!Β 

Edited by sousmarineuse
New Development in Harry Potter discussion in the same time

Unikitty's castle would be awesome if done well, Wonder if the CMF for it would be blind bags or not. But the brick box seems interesting. When do you expect pictures to come out? Toy fair time?

On 1/5/2018 at 10:55 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

So, is this 100% based off of the show, or vice versa? Or were these planned with the show at the same time?

Based off ofΒ the show. This is an interesting case, as the show seems to come first rather than sets. This is different than both Ninjago/Chima/Nexo Knights (sets priority before show) and Mixels (show and sets are equally developed).

I think that if LEGOΒ thought the sets were so important to the longevity of the show, they would have released them with the rest of the 1HY 2018 sets this month.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:00 PM, Lyichir said:

Is the CMF description really accurate? If so, it's a huge break from previous CMFs, which almost universally conform to the classic head, torso, legs formulaβ€”I can only imagine that a Unikitty series would require much more building, almost more like the non-blind-bagged Mixels.

That seems to be the opinion of several others (Mixels). It would be strange to get a classic CMF series since Series 18 arrives in May and the J.K. Rowlings series arrives in September. This "CMF Series" is supposed to arrive in June which wouldn't follow the pattern of every 4 months. Like you said in your post with the CMF line conforming to a somewhat classic figure I can see this being some sort of Mixels based series as well. I certainly welcome it too.

22 hours ago, 22kane said:

That seems to be the opinion of several others (Mixels). It would be strange to get a classic CMF series since Series 18 arrives in May and the J.K. Rowlings series arrives in September. This "CMF Series" is supposed to arrive in June which wouldn't follow the pattern of every 4 months. Like you said in your post with the CMF line conforming to a somewhat classic figure I can see this being some sort of Mixels based series as well. I certainly welcome it too.

Those who have seen the show know that the characters are too small to be in Mixels-sized sets. Plus, there is only one set number, just like for other CMF series.

Sure, this would be out of the ordinary (not only an extra series for the year, but with brick-built figures instead of traditional minifigures). ButΒ it’s not impossible, and growing increasingly likely.

33 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

if they are just variations like the ones below,Β  then feeling out a complete set from blind bags may be tough

Maybe they won't be blind bags nor mixles size, but cmf size package but it shows what one it is like the mixles? Also one of the main characters is a 1x3 gray brick so wonder if he'd be excluded from the figure series.Β Can't wait for pictures of the sets i hope one of them is her castle and that its done right. The brick box seems interesting from seeing the show can kinda see how that could work but interesting that we are getting one for a theme outside classic.Β 

Unikitty ran the meeting in which this series was approved. It went like this:

Business business business, numbers...Β Is this working?Β Yesss.Β :grin:Β Yaaaay!

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Unikitty ran the meeting in which this series was approved. It went like this:

Business business business, numbers...Β Is this working?Β Yesss.Β :grin:Β Yaaaay!

HAHAHAHA

Awesome joke ma dude.

9 hours ago, TheBrickPal said:

Those who have seen the show know that the characters are too small to be in Mixels-sized sets. Plus, there is only one set number, just like for other CMF series.

Sure, this would be out of the ordinary (not only an extra series for the year, but with brick-built figures instead of traditional minifigures). ButΒ it’s not impossible, and growing increasingly likely.

I'm not necessarily talking about size, but more about the logistics of brick-built characters versus minifigures in blind bags. The classic Unikitty is 14 parts without accessories, more than double your typical CMF. Would a figure that complex (especially one that might also include additional accessories) be expected to include things like a part count on the package? And if so, how would that be achieved when dealing with multiple characters who may have different numbers of parts between them? I'll certainly be interested to see, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out individualized, non-blind-packaged sets like the Mixels until we have further information.

Also, if this information is coming from something like a retailer catalog, would it be possible for it to list only a single product number for a "box" like the Mixels and CMFs come in, even if the sets might have individual numbers themselves? After all, both of those series would have been ordered by retailers by the box, even if customers would buy the "packets" individually.

The Friends animals series also (like Mixels) came in a box per series, with mixed sets inside the box. I imagine something like that rather than blind bag sets.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I'm not necessarily talking about size, but more about the logistics of brick-built characters versus minifigures in blind bags. The classic Unikitty is 14 parts without accessories, more than double your typical CMF. Would a figure that complex (especially one that might also include additional accessories) be expected to include things like a part count on the package? And if so, how would that be achieved when dealing with multiple characters who may have different numbers of parts between them? I'll certainly be interested to see, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out individualized, non-blind-packaged sets like the Mixels until we have further information.

Also, if this information is coming from something like a retailer catalog, would it be possible for it to list only a single product number for a "box" like the Mixels and CMFs come in, even if the sets might have individual numbers themselves? After all, both of those series would have been ordered by retailers by the box, even if customers would buy the "packets" individually.

Very true; I had not thought of that at all. Anything is possible. And we'll find out for sure soon enough - New York Toy Fair is on February 17th! :-)

Regarding the CMF series- Unikitty's made of only a few pieces, and most of the characters in the show don't look like they're made of much more than her. Minifigs themselves are made of 10 pieces plus accessories and are sold for $4.Β A dozen traditional pieces that have some nice prints on themΒ sounds pretty doable.

Being able to fit the pieces in the bag likely isn't much of an issue either given how LEGO Batman Series 2 had a whole dolphin.

There's a prelimΒ image going around of the CMF series box; just white with purple, and the Unikitty logo. It says it has 60 bags, same as "regular" CMF series' (I don't know if that's the same as Mixels),Β andΒ it says it has a release date of "Augusti 2018" (I don't think it's a stretch to assume that meansΒ August), and then "Utgar i December 2018" which is apparently when it will be retired. Do all CMF series' have a fixed lifespan like this? No idea if it's real, but I thought you might be interested.

Well, I don't think it's taking a slot of a cmf because I have a catalouge in which there are 3 cmf series (blacked out) and non of them resemble the image of this unikitty cmf

Β 

There's a leaked catalogue image on the Lego subreddit. Nothing actually shown, just a blank white CMF box (open, showing packets) with the Unikitty logo. Maybe these really are CMF after all?