Sign in to follow this  
Legostone

[ESL - FB] The Storm might have passed...

A month ago, a terrible storm passed over the Prio Seas, bringing many adventurers off their intended course. But off course, they couldn't be the only ones affected. A Galleon from Carno has missed Poorvintia by a long shot, and has, after losing most of her rigging in the storm, arrived in Fuerte Unido, or well, on one of the many quais spread around the cliffs of the bay. The deep water here allows even the biggest ships to get very close the coastline.

27739622859_65ccdbf3e3_b.jpg

Having just heard of the arrival of a vessel a size rarely seen around Fuerte Unido, Gouverneur Monezterrell and Farrucio Paraja headed out to the site to check what was going on.

38619927815_1e40a8b278_b.jpg

The crew of the vessel, decimated by trying to save more of the rigging, were already celebrating the arrival on land - they seemed like they wanted nothing more than getting off the vessel and never ever step on one again.

38807295534_fde1983b9e_b.jpg

Once the vessel had landed, Monezterrell and Paraja quickly started talking to the Captian, who identified himself as Arii Kandoné. Captain Kandoné shared the thought of his crew and only wanted to get rid of the vessel - probably not only because he was sick of sailing, but also because he didn't want to be the one responsible for repairing the rigging. Noting the freshly painted hull, a compromise was quickly found...

38807455074_f4507913d4_b.jpg

More pics of the landscape and ship: 

Spoiler

Treadmill crane ontop of the cliffs:

39516125971_f71f22ff76_b.jpg

Jungle on the left:

39485613052_560dc7e1d0_b.jpg

The bow of the vessel: 

39485612592_230635686e_b.jpg

The stern of the vessel:

24648143297_4f8988b38e_b.jpg

Bow/starboard side of the vessel:

38807295414_6d6c2f26ac_b.jpg

top-overview over the whole diorama:

27739623069_14a771ced9_b.jpg

Some quick background: I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to add full rigging to this ship, I discussed with Bregir hoping to find a compromise where I save myself from the time, numbness and materials of adding rigging to a ship while still being able to license it. I hope this unlicenseable build (56x96, though half of that is water/ship) together with the hull should be enough to license the Triunfo while not rigging it up completely.
As it originally started out as a 5 midsection prefab (though the lower part of those isn't there any longer), I'll license it as a class 7 as it seems comparable to the Margot in size, maybe a bit taller on the stern.

aaaaaaaaaah ! At last there is something else than those disgusting trials !!

What a lovely ship ! And a nice idea to avoid the rigging !

The hull is really good, the dock is really a classy one, and the treadmill crane is awesome !

I noticed that there are lots of parrots near fuerte unido !

Edited by Professor Thaum

No words, absolutely no words. The dock scene is splendid but the galleon is much better, I like it a lot!  I wonder why you hesitate to rig her, she's already perfect, all you have to do is to continue to build straight away.:thumbup:*oh2*

A beautiful display LS!

(Not sure about the guy in the hamster wheel so much, but it made me laugh)

Very nice ship Legostone, super impressive size, and I love the angles and details of the stern! :thumbup:   Great job!

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

This is awesome! Beautiful ship and great landscape!:thumbup:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

aaaaaaaaaah ! At last there is something else than those disgusting trials !!

What a lovely ship ! And a nice idea to avoid the rigging !

The hull is really good, the dock is really a classy one, and the treadmill crane is awesome !

I noticed that there are lots of parrots near fuerte unido !

Thanks! Someone should set up a parrot shop then (there are a total of 12 parrots in the entire build :D)

27 minutes ago, Bodi said:

No words, absolutely no words. The dock scene is splendid but the galleon is much better, I like it a lot!  I wonder why you hesitate to rig her, she's already perfect, all you have to do is to continue to build straight away.:thumbup:*oh2*

I see words, you lied ;) I‘m hesitating because I need the pearl gold for a larger Galleon, but I might be tempted to just order another pile of pearl gold now, as I kinda want to keep it...

Just now, Kwatchi said:

A beautiful display LS!

(Not sure about the guy in the hamster wheel so much, but it made me laugh)

Thanks! Its a treadmill crane - they look just like that, and I just had to put a guy in there :P

http://www.vicnewey.co.uk/mills/mills_011.htm

Just now, Kai NRG said:

Very nice ship Legostone, super impressive size, and I love the angles and details of the stern! :thumbup:   Great job!

Thanks! 

Spectacular!  I'd seen pics of this thing in the works, of course, but it still just blew me away!  Loving the shape and colors of the ship, and the cliffs are quite impressive as well!  And that Captain's quite a cool fig too! :pir-wink:

I love this MOC! :wub:  The ship, the cliff, the crane, all the minifig activity. Wonderful! :thumbup:

And I had been fiddling around with how to build a treadmill crane like this just last weekend, but you've beaten me to it. Great job!

On 1/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, Garmadon said:

Spectacular!  I'd seen pics of this thing in the works, of course, but it still just blew me away!  Loving the shape and colors of the ship, and the cliffs are quite impressive as well!  And that Captain's quite a cool fig too! :pir-wink:

Thanks a lot! That captain is just the Highwayman collectible minifig with a different head though :pir_tong2:

On 1/5/2018 at 8:27 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love this MOC! :wub:  The ship, the cliff, the crane, all the minifig activity. Wonderful! :thumbup:

And I had been fiddling around with how to build a treadmill crane like this just last weekend, but you've beaten me to it. Great job!

Thanks a lot! I still wanna see your treadmill crane - there are many ways to design one, please! This one was fun to build (though it hurt a bit bending those brown flextubes :pir-murder:)

On 1/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Elostirion said:

Wonderful! Fantastic. Beautfiul. Full of flair. Amazing work!

Thanks! Thank you! Thanks again! :pir-laugh:

Beautiful ship really nicely complemented by the landscaping you made. Considering how we have mainly seen you build ships, I was mindblown when I saw this - very good work on both build and story, I particularly like how the pier is off angle. I don't have much to add other than the fact that if this is a discarded attempt at a galleon, I can't wait to see you final attempt! :pir-oh:

And for my part, I see no reason why this ship cannot be licensed based on the above.

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

I still wanna see your treadmill crane - there are many ways to design one

For now, my need for a crane has passed, as I built a simpler design. But I'll get back to it eventually. I don't think I have the pieces for the treadmill itself at the moment.