Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[WTC-AMCRA] Pirate Hunt

@Mesabi @Drunknok

The two teams had set out, each to search their own island in hopes of finding the Red Rascal Pirates hide out Sooner Rather than Later.

Captain Angles and Tony’s team found themselves on the black sand beaches of Isle 16 amongst a pile of headless skeletons.  One of which Captain Angles immediately recognized a skeleton’s uniform as that of One Eyed Frank an apparently former of the Rascal’s.  Angles gave the orders to search the island.  There were other clues that the Red Rascal’s had in fact been on this island but it was clear that they had left in quite a hurry.  As the team explored what was once a make shift camp they found themselves suddenly Ambushed and Overtaken.  However the Islands hostile Natives had somehow missed Tony who had stopped to admire his Awesomeness in a small reflecting pool.  Tony found himself suddenly alone with the rest of his team held captive.  Even Tony knew his awesomeness was not great enough to mount an escape and he must get word to the other team to mount a rescue.

(One Build Required showing how Tony gets word to the other crew to mount a rescue)

A few days Later…

Captain Wilbern and his crew had safely landed on the Glimmering Archipelago (Isle 20).  After a short while of searching the island chain the team broke through the jungle to a high cliff.   It was there the team spotted several fast small sailboats … apparently racing each other.  All filed with Natives accept one boat.  Beardface immediately recognized a few of the men on the boat as members of the Red Rascal’s.  The team narrowly managed to tail the fast boats to the finish.  However before the team could manage to tail the Rascals to their hideout Tony’s word had made it to the other team that Captain Angles and the rest of the team had been captured by hostile Natives and needed Rescued.

Captain Wilbern faced a grim decision … did he continue the pursuit of the Pirates and let his Teammates be tortured and possibly killed or did he mount a rescue and return to hunt the Pirates?

Option 1)

No one messes with the WTC! Load the boats we have a rescue to mount.  We will deal with these Pirates later … we know they are here.

(One build required showing how the team intends to rescue Captain Angles Crew)

Option 2)

They will have to fend for themselves … their negligence got them into that situation they will have to figure it out on their own. I refuse to let these Pirates escape when we’re this close!

(One build required showing the team tailing the Red Rascals to their hide out)

Note: Only one option can be chosen this turn and two builds are required to progress the entire story (Tony’s Message and the Option Chosen)  As always more builds are encouraged if you find it helpful to your story telling.

@Roadmonkeytj

Can you provide some more details for both cases - like where the crew is being held captive, or where the pirate camp might be? Or are we going to make up our own stories in either case? Just asking for clarities sake.

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

@Roadmonkeytj

Can you provide some more details for both cases - like where the crew is being held captive, or where the pirate camp might be? Or are we going to make up our own stories in either case? Just asking for clarities sake.

We will not tell you where the camp is. But if you follow the clues, maybe you will get more information next time.

You know the captives are on island 16, that there have apparently been red rascals there, and that it looks like red rascals are racing narives around island 20..

(Just make sure you let us. Eg. If you go for the option of following the red rascals, don't define to what island you are following them, as that will prevent us from giving you the next clue)

Chapter 4 Part 1: The Legend of Tony

Tony combed his hair while looking at his reflection in the pool. suddenly, he heard screams from the rest of his crew. 

"Tony senses a disturbance..." Said Tony

41239908565_3281141641_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

Four savages ran over the hill screaming loudly. Tony looked up without blinking. 

28268763178_c09872d497_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

Tony drew his 1 shot pistol, and fired, instantly killing one of the savages

41239880645_03f945560d_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

"Time for improvising!" Said Tony, dropping his pistol. He ran to the chest that they had unloaded.

41420958274_bb9b421ba0_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

The savages surrounded Tony. but Tony was armed, having grabbed a large piece of bread.

41239908605_3d25c3d9d4_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

Tony whacked the first savage with the bread, knocking him down. He crushed the mans throat with the piece of bread. 

28268725568_c98d837bae_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

The second savage turned to him with a stolen sword. Tony began to duel the man

41239907745_e5c1fa38bb_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

With a quick upper stroke he disarmed the savage, and pushed him into the pool behind him.

42094491272_044a4912f3_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

Tony forced the man into the water, where he began to drown.

28268763588_e3cddaf48a_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

Finally, Tony threw the bread at the last savage, decapitating him.

28268763788_d1191a0ecc_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

With the savages taken care of, Tony sat down to eat the bread.

40334546290_f87c08b194_z.jpgThe legend of Tony by North White, on Flickr

"Man, now I'm going to be late for meeting those other dudes...." Said Tony

To Be Continued....

:laugh::thumbup:

It is a well-known fact that bread is a useful weapon. 't is true, just check exhibit A! Tony - being an expert in all kinds of armed and unarmed combat - just proved that once more.

Nice subtle storytelling! :pir-grin:

I have a feeling Tony's stories will lead to a few raised eyebrows in the next tavern he visits (I know he is not one to keep silent with his exploits ;))!

Also, I thought baguettes were an Oleander choice of weapon - has Tony been frequenting an Oleander fencing master? :P

Looking forward to where this goes!

25 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Is that a dwarf bread reference? Thats surely some impressive bread! :pir-laugh:

Well, he eats it in the end, so I doubt it. But it is Tony, so who knows?

Chapter 4 Part 2: A Legendary Arrival

On one of the cliffs of the Glimmering Archipelago Captain Wilbern and Columbo watched a most peculiar scene: far down below on the ocean, near the shore, some boats raced each other. Two looked like they belonged to the natives of this island, but the third stood out - and Captain Wilburn immediately recognized it bearing the colours of the Red Rascals. They could no longer hide from the wrath of the WTC!

23fOCfZ.jpg

Meanwhile on the other side of the island, near the point where they had landed just days ago, Mary-Anne watched the horizon. She noticed something moving on the waves, but could not believe her eyes at first.

G7O0KyP.jpg

She called Yen: "Go get the captain. There is a raft coming. It has a giant "T" and a jacuuzzi on top... guess what? Tony is coming!"

ZrIrErJ.jpg

After landing the raft on the beach, the whole crew gathered, curious for what Tony had to say:

yKmtPqh.jpg.taydSTS.jpg

"Greetings from Tony! Come inside, I have some wine and sandwiches. Oh, and the latest WTC Monthly of course!"

Mary-Anne and Yen waited outside, not up to any more nonsense, but the rest of the crew joined Tony:

mpTPpbn.jpg

He had a lot to tell them...

===================================================================================

Back to @Mesabi, who will play out what Tony has to tell. Feel free to use the pictures under the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

tbKjnVf.jpg

iTeQYBt.jpg

One more shot of the beach scene and an "empty inside" shot too:

Spoiler

qF62ZqK.jpg

HF2dYSE.jpg

Edited by Drunknok

"So how did you make this raft?" Asked Captain Willbern. "This seems entirely impossible considering you were stranded on an island alone."

"Oh it was easy, but that's not today's story." Said Tony Smirking

42482753321_1357607427_z.jpgTony's story by North White, on Flickr

"Anyways, as I expertly made my way around the coast of the island, I saw the camp. It was made of a wrecked ship and a bunch of skulls."

41580573645_a0baa6298a_z.jpgTony's story by North White, on Flickr

"Anyways, I figured out the riddle, and it was obviously this Island the red rascals were at. Anyways, what do you want to do about them?"

Over to you @Drunknok

After Tony had made his report, Captain Wilbern spoke:

tbKjnVf.jpg

"Listen fellas, this is what we will do.

First of all:Columbo, you will stay here. You will keep an eye on the Red Rascals, but nothing more. Watch, not touch! You are a well trained jungle fighter, this should be no issue. When we return, you can report on whatever these pirates are up to.

The rest of us will head to that volcano island and get our boys out of the barbarians hands. We will strike from two angles:

The Drunken Dragon will land our troops east of the barbarians hide-out, and attack them with gunfire and explosives on my mark.

OJjdMVE.jpg

At the same time, the Green Viper will start bombarding the forest west of the village with its main gun, setting it on fire and cutting of an escape route for the natives.

5fDfnZ3.jpg

We will free our boys, or reduce the population of that whole damn island to zero. Have I made myself clear?"

"Sir, aye sir!"

===

Shortly afterwards, Tony stood in the jungle nearby: "My man Columbo, you really are a stealth expert. I could swear there is nothing but green bushes here!"

YSFVSiq.jpg

"That is because I am over here! Idjit!"

eamEEAx.jpg

===

A few days later the ships were in position, the troops had landed, and Captain Wilbern raised his voice so that all over the village his booming bass could be heard: "Listen! Hand over those prisoners of yours, and they better be safe and well. Any other action of yours will lead to your gruesome death!"

"Give the signal to the Green Viper: unleash hell!"

A loud "BOOM" was heard, and the forrest went up in flames:

DqKNEUl.jpg

How would the natives react?

==================================================================================

And with this, the current story comes to its end. Thank you @Bregir for giving us more time for additional story builds. I hope our choices made give you some interesting options for the next turn.

An overview of the "jungle scene":

Spoiler

JaIFK2O.jpg

As always, C&C are appreciated.

@Drunknok @Mesabi

It was slaughter. The natives were running for their lives, abondoning their beachside village and disappearing into the forest, although most where cut down by grapeshot from the Green Wiper. The fire spread fast, and it was only just that the WTC troops managed to free their captured comrades before being engulfed in flames. In the distance, war drums were heard, and flocks of birds rose from the jungle disturbed by something rushing through the jungles. The question is, was it fleeing animals, or something marching closer? The WTC expedition, confident that the Red Rascals did not camp here, returned to island 20 and met up with Columbo, who had news. He had seen the racing craft of the red rascals round the next point and disappear from sight. He was sure it was still in the bay, as he would have seen it had it left again. Certainly, the Red Rascals must have their hideout here...

Build the Red Rascal hideout, including look-out spots, some way to hide smaller vessels, and accommodations for the crews. Everything must be camouflaged from sea. Minimum total footprint 32x32 (can be in several smaller builds, one large, or any combination. Make it clear how you are planning to take care of the pirates.

@Bregir

Interesting turn of events for sure, a couple of questions though:

1. We do not have any "options" this turn, is this correct? The way to go is "build the pirate nest, next turn the story will continue"?
  2. I assume we have some degrees of freedom with the pirate hideout, as well as with additional things we would like to do this turn?
  3. Am I correct that we can add more ressources - e.g. ships and troops - for the coming turn?

Thanks in advance, and as usual those thanks go to the whole team! :thumbup:

1) Correct, no options apart from how you want to show the hideout within the given requirements.

2) Yes. As long as you build the hideout as above, you can do additional story events. If you decide to attack or otherwise interfmact with the pirates or the hideout, you have to leave the outcome open, though, as that is for the gamemasters to decide.

3) Yes, I do not see why not, but it has to be indicated in the building effort somehow.

And ships and troops will have to reasonably could have made it there. (Say you have a battalion of troops at Arlinsport, and only a short range dinghy to transport them - then we will not accept their arrival for many turns, if ever, but if a platoon is coming from Mesabi Landing and you have a class 3 to transport them, or can dispatch a suitable vessel from the expedition, that is likely fine)

Hope that clarifies things :)

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

1) Correct, no options apart from how you want to show the hideout within the given requirements.

2) Yes. As long as you build the hideout as above, you can do additional story events. If you decide to attack or otherwise interfmact with the pirates or the hideout, you have to leave the outcome open, though, as that is for the gamemasters to decide.

3) Yes, I do not see why not, but it has to be indicated in the building effort somehow.

Excellent.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

And ships and troops will have to reasonably could have made it there. (Say you have a battalion of troops at Arlinsport, and only a short range dinghy to transport them - then we will not accept their arrival for many turns, if ever, but if a platoon is coming from Mesabi Landing and you have a class 3 to transport them, or can dispatch a suitable vessel from the expedition, that is likely fine)

Of course, and we will acount for anything in our story to be backed up by "the proper numbers". There will be no Tony appearing out of the blue on a raft this time! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Hope that clarifies things :)

It does, thank you. :thumbup:

Chapter 5: Pieces fall in Place

"I'm sorry for the delay" Said Agnes, as the two Namerens stood in her office.

42424333684_943d76b8d9_z.jpgAgnes's Office by North White, on Flickr

"Right, so... should we introduce ourselves or-"  Agnes cut off Captain Luca.

43093199322_7ffcffeb39_z.jpgAgnes's Office by North White, on Flickr

"There will be a time for that, but I need you to go take care of something for us." 

43093198622_2f77f6736c_z.jpgAgnes's Office by North White, on Flickr

"Oh?" Asked Maria

"Take Tony and go help take care of the pirate situation. After that business is concluded, we can do introductions."

*****************************************************************************************************************

A FEW DAYS LATER

*****************************************************************************************************************

Captain Angles and Pvt. Milton walked through the Jungle towards the location that Columbo had given them.

43143390041_ce93c9ba78_z.jpgIn the Jungle by North White, on Flickr

"Man, I hate this plan." Said Captain Angles.

43143390381_e895cf605e_z.jpgIn the Jungle by North White, on Flickr

"An' woy is tha'?" Asked Big Hat Barry, as his men surrounded the two WTC marines.

29271792388_e0b553d582_z.jpgIn the Jungle by North White, on Flickr

"So yews foun' us. Looksee like we's have to kills yews." Not letting Captain Angles Respond.

42424595424_82622b1f93_z.jpgIn the Jungle by North White, on Flickr

The WTC Marines emerged from the bushes surrounding the Red Rascals

"Because, I don't get to be the one who shells your ridiculously detailed hideout from a distance if you don't surrender now."

MEANWHILE

Over to @Drunknok!

Chapter 5 Part 2: Plans unfurling

Weeks before the Red Rascals ran into Captain Angles trap, the party around Captain Wilbern had scouted the pirate hideout from the seaside. The WTC Drunken Dragon was sailing in view of the coast...

Fa9qURi.jpg

... with Columbo isntructing Captain Wilbern were to look:

0uB3y2b.jpg.W0m6sa3.jpg

And there it was! Carefully hidden in the overgrown cliffs, with barely noticable lookout spots. A cave below seemed to have been hidden behind sophisticated camouflage. According to Columbos report, this part could be raised to allow the Red Rascals boats to enter or leave the hideout:

1Se5d4v.jpg

1aepJip.jpg

Spoiler

iDMBpgn.jpg

yTedtY4.jpg

Captain Wilbern gave his orders: "Columbo, we will land you together with some Marines on the other side of the island. You will get Mackies Miracle Machine into place for the time we need it - you will cut off the pirates escape route on land. We are almost out of explosives, but with the firepower at your hands you will make short work of any minifig trying to leg it through the jungle.

The rest of us will join forces with theGreen Viper and the Icarus Returning once get here. We have send the Viper back to call for more guns on the sea, and they should be back in time for our big finale."

What is Mackies Miracle Machine you ask? Well, they had brought a "surprise" with them - now was the time to use it!

4u41k9f.jpg

======================

Oblivious to their impending doom, life inside the pirates nest went on as usual.

"Man, watching those waves is hella borin'! Gimme sum of yars!"

YwDKAjT.jpg.6UqsKG5.jpg

Another Red Rascal had nothing better to do than to wait - in case the mechanism for the hidden cave entrance was to be used. Some bottles of rum were always nearby...

N4BYOIh.jpg.HpBzd24.jpg

Spoiler

K8lHvrW.jpg

eTy5QMu.jpg

======================

Now the time to strike had come. Columbo oversaw Mackies Miracle Machinery - a gun able to shoot up to 90 rounds per minute, obliterating anything in its view! The WTC Marine manning it was eager to see it in action, as were the others around him:

3jSCJoB.jpg

Spoiler

MCdlJZG.jpg

With the path to the hideout blocked, and the waves ruled by the WTC armada, it was now up to Captain Angles standing at the Red Rascals doorstep to pose an ultimatum to those dirty pirates.

@Mesabi will finish this.

Edited by Drunknok
Fixing typos.

The Icarus Returning aimed her mighty guns towards the ridiculously decorated fortress. 

"And what exactly does this prove?" Asked Maria Gray

"Da Boom." Said Tony

29293651538_6ed4e3ff8a_z.jpgFrom the Icarus Returning by North White, on Flickr

"kay." Said Maria.

Meanwhile, Captain Angles looked Big Hat Barry in the eyes. "We have an armada in the bay, all its guns pointed at your little fortress. I am backed up by a capable fighting force with enough firepower to shred any minifig trying to flee over land into pieces. You have two options now. You either surrender your men, ships and wealth to us, become loyal soldiers of the WTC, and live to tell the tale. If you fail to do so, on my order fire will be opened on you - your walls will crumble and fall, your men will be killed, your ships will be burned. Nothing will remain of this place, none of you will see another day. JOIN US OR DIE!"

41332384020_3350b6ecec_z.jpgIn the Jungle by North White, on Flickr

FIN

This concludes our adventure. Thanks for viewing everyone, and thanks to the excellent work of our AMCRA GM squad. Thank you to @Drunknok for his excellent work on the AMCRA, and I hope you all look forward to another WTC AMCRA soon!

@Bregir

If there is anything left unclear, or if you have questions about the pirate hideout (or want additional pictures of it): please just ask. I need certain parts from the big build soon, but for now it is left intact.

@Mesabi @Drunknok

The Red Rascals where not known for cowardise, and had refused to surrender. The plan had been a complete success bar one thing. As the fight roared on, and the cornered pirates were being cut down, their hideout levelled by the gunfire, an unexpected explosion resounded through the jungle. Or rather, a series of smaller explosions, one quickly after the other. Apparently, there were only two miraculous things to say about Mackies Machinery. 1) That it killed none of the crew in blowing up, and 2) that Mackie had been able to fool the WTC into buying it!

Nonetheless, the mission had been a success, and the Red Rascal hideout had been levelled to the ground, with most of the Red Rascals killed or taken capture. A few of them had escaped into the jungle, but it would be long before they could pose a threat to anyone again.

• The Red Rascals are defeated.
    Zone 35 will see significantly decreased (NPC) piratical activity over the next two to three turns, where it MAY start picking up again. ( @Capt Wolf, please effectuate this, thank you :pir-blush:)
  • Tony's raft proved very helpful.
    Free license for the class 2 vessel with the stats: R2, M2, F0, C1, H1, $3
  • We have retrieved their treasure!
    500 dbs added to final payout of adventure treasury.

Ah damn, I had hoped to transform the pirates hideout into the start for a new WTC settlement. :sadnew:

Many thanks to @Bregir and the rest of the MRCA crew for yet another interesting turn of events, and thank you for the overall adventure! Some questions:

1. At what harbour do the ships and troops used in this AMCRA end up? I assume Mesabi Landing, but it has not been stated.
  2. Same question, but for Tony's raft.
  3. At what point and to what account will the adventure treasury be paid out? I suggest it being paid to the WTC directly please.
  4. Does the "NPC pirate activity" include Bloody Bill? I ask because I wish to hunt him down for other reasons.
  5. At what point can either @Mesabi or myself start a new AMCRA for the WTC?
  6. Is there some kind of "conclusion build" needed?

As usual: thanks in advance. :classic:

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:
  • At what harbour do the ships and troops used in this AMCRA end up? I assume Mesabi Landing, but it has not been stated.
  • Same question, but for Tony's raft.
  • At what point and to what account will the adventure treasury be paid out? I suggest it being paid to the WTC directly please.
  • Does the "NPC pirate activity" include Bloody Bill? I ask because I wish to hunt him down for other reasons.
  • At what point can either @Mesabi or myself start a new AMCRA for the WTC?
  • Is there some kind of "conclusion build" needed?
  1. Mesabi Landing
  2. As above
  3. WTC it is, then. "When" will be whenever we get the paperwork sorted out.
  4. It might. You will simply have to keep an eye out for any sightings of him. All NPC pirates run proper routes, so he may leave the zone next turn, if he were using the red rascal hideout too.
  5. Whenever you want, since this is now concluded.
  6. No conclusion build needed.
1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Many thanks to @Bregir and the rest of the MRCA crew for yet another interesting turn of events, and thank you for the overall adventure!

It has been fun GMing this one. :)

So the raft has just been licensed for the WTC as "WTC IRON TONY" (caps intentional). :thumbup:

Pfff all of this pirate hunting makes me nerves :innocent2::pir-murder:

Cool AMRCA and great input from both sides!!! 

9 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Pfff all of this pirate hunting makes me nerves :innocent2::pir-murder:

Why? The WTC is hunting down pirates, not honourable Sea Rats. :wink: