Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[WTC-AMCRA] Pirate Hunt

Type: Small Commercial

Adventure Purpose: To hunt down the Red Rascal Pirates of zone 35.

Troops: 10 WTC Marines- Red Squad

Coffers: 10 Dbs

Character List

Spoiler

Captain Angles:

Captain Angles served in the naval portion of the Juniper War as a cabin boy aboard a class 5 ship. After the war he started studies at the University of Belson, before being forced out in disgrace after it was revealed that he cheated on all his tests because he was too lazy to study. He found himself back at sea, where he joined the WTC, due to his penchant for cheating. However, he reads the most books out of boredom, so everyone thinks he's smart.

Sgt. Jeffords:

Sgt. Jeffords served in the Corrish Navy as a marine until Nova Malto, when he lost faith in the Corrish Government. So, he joined the WTC. He found himself popular due to his butchery skills, and rose through the ranks via culinary skills.

Pvt. Milton

Pvt. Milton was whacked over the head with a bottle one day and forgot everything. He joined the WTC soon after, and found himself to be an excellent marksman.

Tony:

Tony is just awesome. He's like, just a cool dude. He's got a cool hat, and an eyepatch, but just for show. He's always buying rounds down at the Blue Dragon. You know he has a tattoo of a dragon? Yeah, it's on his forearm, and he can make it dance when he flexes. Oh, and he knows hand to hand combat. I think he's from Tellvok or somewhere foreign, but he's always so mysterious about it. Anyway's he's cool, and that's all you need to know.

"You gentlemen are some of the WTC's finest. The Smartest Captain. The most Decorated Marines. And Tony, who's just a cool dude." Said Agnes.

27735215449_19bca7a9f8_z.jpgMesabi Landing AMCRA by North White, on Flickr

"Thank you Madam." Said Tony with one of his famous grins. 

"Now unfortunately, We have a problem. There are pirates in the area. They attacked our ships a few months ago. And now they're based somewhere in the vicinity. Hiding..."

27735215629_2bd25397b6_z.jpgMesabi Landing AMCRA by North White, on Flickr

"They're the Red Rascals. Former Corrington soldiers who turned to villainy. Kinda like us actually. Anyways they're lead by Big Hat Barry. They have a basecamp on one of the islands in zone 35. Here's a convenient list!

Isle 14: Argentia (I think we would have noticed if they were on our own island!)

Isle 15: Cacadia

Isle 16: Uncharted...

Isle 17: Uncharted...

Isle 18: Celestia

Isle 19: Garma's Key

Isle 20: Uncharted...

Isle 21: Uncharted...

Isle 22: Uncharted...

Isle 23: Ile d'Ore (Let's hope they ain't here. I don't want to deal with Oleon as well)

"So, while we have our Gunboats on patrol, you fine gentlemen will search each island by row boat, to try to locate the camp, and deal with it. That clear?"

25640981248_44c0c54cdd_z.jpgMesabi Landing AMCRA by North White, on Flickr

"Yes Ma'm!" They said in unison.

FIN

C&C appreciated. This will be licensed as a commercial by Mesabi Landing, and I plan to use it as Agnes's office for the future. Yes, it's a modified version of the Dr. Strange Set. So, it probably looks better than most of my regular builds. 

Edited by Mesabi

It is a nice interior Mesabi, I admit to having eyed off that kit a few times as it looks like it has some decent parts. Hopefully your marines and one 'cool dude' will be enough to handle any pirates you encounter in the area! Also I think it's a good idea for an aMRCA.

I do have one question though, why do most of your builds feature TNT? As a historical note, TNT was only first used as an explosive in 1891, well outside our time frame. I don't have an issue or anything, I'm just curious. I'm guessing the reason is that the WTC just love to blow things up! :pir-grin:

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

It is a nice interior Mesabi, I admit to having eyed off that kit a few times as it looks like it has some decent parts. Hopefully your marines and one 'cool dude' will be enough to handle any pirates you encounter in the area! Also I think it's a good idea for an aMRCA.

It does! I got it on clearance, so it was an extra good buy. And I'm guessing there will be quite a few redshirt WTC troops on this one. :devil:

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I do have one question though, why do most of your builds feature TNT? As a historical note, TNT was only first used as an explosive in 1891, well outside our time frame. I don't have an issue or anything, I'm just curious. I'm guessing the reason is that the WTC just love to blow things up! :pir-grin:

Yeah, The WTC just likes blowing stuff up, so they keep explosives on hand. I recently realized that TNT was historically innacurate, so I've been meaning to do a build showing that it's gunpowder based explosives labeled 'TNT' It's on my huge to do list...

I consider the TNT brick a Mesabi signature part (same as the palmtree).

The office build is simple, but effective, I like it. The best part are the four new characters though, well done! :thumbup:

@Mesabi

The WTC marine captain was somewhat baffled upon leaving the office of Countess Mesabi. She was not one to be taken lightly, but the task ahead was no easy one. They had ten islands of various sizes to search, no idea where to begin, and only very few men to do so. On top of this, the countess had not seen fit to outfit them with a boat, which left them in quite a pinch. "Any of you lads swim?"

Obviously, swimming was not an option.

Show the group buying, building, or otherwise "procuring" a boat or other conveyance, and making their way towards an island of your choice. It must be clear what island is chosen. (Note that the location of the Pirate lair has been decided and is independent of what island you pick. Hence, you may or may not pick the right island first)

Alternatively, show the group getting intelligence on the location from local citizens, sailors, or some other source. (This may or may not result in useful intelligence next turn narrowing your search)

On 1/28/2018 at 4:57 AM, Bregir said:

Show the group buying, building, or otherwise "procuring" a boat or other conveyance, and making their way towards an island of your choice. It must be clear what island is chosen. (Note that the location of the Pirate lair has been decided and is independent of what island you pick. Hence, you may or may not pick the right island first)

Alternatively, show the group getting intelligence on the location from local citizens, sailors, or some other source. (This may or may not result in useful intelligence next turn narrowing your search)

Hey, am I allowed to gather intelligence and buy a ship this turn? I have the ship built, and I'm working on the dock, but I would like to gather intelligence.

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, am I allowed to gather intelligence and buy a ship this turn? I have the ship built, and I'm working on the dock, but I would like to gather intelligence.

You can gather intelligence and procure the vessel, yes. However, since you will only get the clues after next turn, you probably can't decide on the island to start at already. :)

Turn 1: 

Type:  Medium Artisan/Ship

"So," Said Captain Angles, "Peterson's Discount Boat and Scavenge seems to be our only choice."

"Yeah dude, even Tony isn't cool enough to get the Judgement for this mission." Said Tony.

"Speaking of, can you stop speaking in third person?"

38442382680_d3ac3a2094.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"Nah dude. Tony does what tony wants." Tony said, flashing a grin.

The two arrived at Peterson's Discount Boat and Scavenge. The building was a two story building built in the style of Mesabi Landings other buildings.

"I'll go talk to the owner. You stay here and, I don't know, guard something." Said Captain Angles

"The Tony cannot be contained!" Tony said, but stood outside, and began flipping a coin while chewing on a toothpick. He was so cool.

26380638228_d2007180a5.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

Captain Angles walked inside. At a small desk Parker Peterson sat, drinking a bottle of rum.

"Well if it isn't Captain Louie Angles. I think you should leave." Said Parker Peterson

"What? Why? Said Captain Angles. 

38442380300_cc49bd8c11.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"Because I'm hungover, and you let the light in. Now go, before I have to get violence on you!" He said anrigly

Captain Angles turned to leave, as Tony opened the door, and walked in. 

39355160265_d7809e3a7c.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"Heeeeeeeeere's Tony!" Tony said happily. He was awesome.

"Woah #@%&! It's Tony! Hey Tony, what brings you to Peterson's Discount Boat and Scavenge?" Said Parker Peterson suddenly happy.

38442383130_230a94d2bc.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"We need a boat!" Said Tony

"I have boats!" Said Parker, trying to suck up as much as possible. "I bet I know where those pirates you're supposed to be hunting are too."

A little bit Later.

39541545194_986e33a433.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"...and that's where the pirates might be hiding." Said Henry Peterson, Parker's older and more reserved brother. 

"Wow, that's really comprehensive and clear. I hope we remember that, because that will save us a ton of time if what you said is correct." Said Captain Angles. 

"I wasn't listening because I know we'll beat those pirates no matter what. Go Team!" Said Tony. Tony was always upbeat about the situation.

"Well, let's take a look at the ship Countess Mesabi is buying for you guys. Are you sure she's okay with paying for it?" Asked Henry

"Yeah.... Totally." Said Captain Angles.

"Well, I present to you the WTC Checkered Past. She's a class 2, 2 mast with an emphasis on speed. Originally she was 4 different vessels!" 

38442383010_27f4d14608.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

"Wait, how is that even possible to make 1 ship out of 4?" Asked Captain Angles, "And is that even safe?"

"Industry secrets, and probably." Said Henry. I'll remind you of the terms of service."

Any and All ships created by Peterson's Discount Boat and Scavenge are QUALTY vessels. Therefore, we are not responsible for any deaths that may occur from misuse of the vessel. 

"Wait, you misspelled 'Quality'" Said Captain Angles.

"Don't worry, ships don't sink while Tony is aboard. Because Tony." Siad Tony, flashing a grin. "Let's go get my troops, and we'll get going. Shall we Angles?"

"It's Captain Angles. And Yes, we'll do what I was about to say as LEADER of this expedition." 

The two got aboard, and made preparations to sail. 

40252929021_5b420546dd.jpgProcuring a ship by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing this AMCRA! I'm really having fun with this one so far. I'll be licensing this as a medium artisan in Mesabi Landing. I doubt there were any real ships made from the remains of 4 ships in real life, but I had three different coloured hulls, so i wanted to address that. I also tried to improve the ship by raising the stern a block, so hopefully it meets @Bregir's approval, though that might be a stretch. I also need to add custom sails, but Since it was docked in these scenes, I thought I'd wait. The building was part of my goal to make more two storey buildings, so I hope it looks alright. C&C appreciated. 

More pictures.

24 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

QUALTY vessels

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh:

I guess a better explanation for the differently coloured hull could have been that the seller used the cheapest paint available to hide the rotting wood in the hull :pir-laugh:

@Mesabi

The motley crew had been assembled the marines had been retrived ....
So far the Checkered Past had been a fine QUALTY ship.  Much to the annoyance of Captain Angles, "Tony's Proclamation" of ships don't sink because Tony ... or something like that had so far been correct.

Captain Angles retired to his cabin as he needed time to think.  The intel he had gotten was certainly clear ..."Clear as muddy water!  Typical of Scallywag Pirates!" he exclaimed.  The instructions had been given in some sort of code to throw of any would be unwelcomed guests.

He went over the riddle over and over in his head trying to make heads or tails from it.

Sail quickly as natives may make your journey troubled so be ready to furl the sails on the double.   Be cautious though my friend as the reefs will surely bring you to an end keep a keen eye out so as to not snag your keel.  Don't be distracted by an sweet treats they will only lead you astray. Take heed me boy for these words will guide the way. . .

How is this helpful he thought to himself ... Was there more to the riddle ... Surely he had been told the whole thing, but what was he to expect from a fella who misspells QUAILTY.  At that moment his reflection was interrupted ...

Sir we need to chart a course ... Where is it you would have us sail?

An island must be chosen but which one should we sail to? (choose a island number [14-23 is zone 35] and show the team landing on that island based off the known island info.  Build should also show how the team plans to search the island)

Note one build is required to continue, however more are encouraged

I'd like @Drunknok to join this AMCRA, as I would like it to be the WTC's AMCRA. How would you prefer him to join if that is okay with Y'all? Should his characters just hear the riddle as well? Please let me know.

Will new resources(vessels/troops) be added to the mrca, or just the existing ones?

If not, you can do however you like. If yes, he has to do a build each turn.

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

Will new resources(vessels/troops) be added to the mrca, or just the existing ones?

If not, you can do however you like. If yes, he has to do a build each turn.

The plan was to add both troops and another ship, maybe two.

The technical details of joining are a bit unclear to me: at what point do I "subscribe" those troops/ship(s) to Mesabis AMCRA. I assume I would build and license the troops and ships the usual way, do a build for the AMCRA in Mesabis thread (based on the latest outcome, for the next MCRA turn), and fill out the AMCRA form like usual?

In termy of IC story progression: can Mesabi send his hunting party to one location while I send mine to another island for the upcoming turn? Or do I have to wait another turn so the Higher-Ups can come up with options for both of us? Just to be clear: I am fine with either option. What I do not want is confusion on either side, both Mesabi and me as well as the gamemasters. If it takes a month longer for me to join - so be it.

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

he technical details of joining are a bit unclear to me: at what point do I "subscribe" those troops/ship(s) to Mesabis AMCRA. I assume I would build and license the troops and ships the usual way, do a build for the AMCRA in Mesabis thread (based on the latest outcome, for the next MCRA turn), and fill out the AMCRA form like usual?

Only one form is filled for each adventure, so Mesabi simply adds your resources to his form. Once your resources has been added (with a build), you will have to build each turn.

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

In termy of IC story progression: can Mesabi send his hunting party to one location while I send mine to another island for the upcoming turn? Or do I have to wait another turn so the Higher-Ups can come up with options for both of us? Just to be clear: I am fine with either option. What I do not want is confusion on either side, both Mesabi and me as well as the gamemasters. If it takes a month longer for me to join - so be it.

If you have twice the resources, you can search twice as much in the same time, so why not?

12 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Only one form is filled for each adventure, so Mesabi simply adds your resources to his form. Once your resources has been added (with a build), you will have to build each turn.

Thanks, this is helpful.

12 minutes ago, Bregir said:

If you have twice the resources, you can search twice as much in the same time, so why not?

This does not answer my question though.

22 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

This does not answer my question though.

The current task is to decide where to search. If you make a build adding more resources, you can send the a) together with Mesabi's crew, or b) to a different location. Clear? :)

9 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The current task is to decide where to search. If you make a build adding more resources, you can send the a) together with Mesabi's crew, or b) to a different location. Clear? :)

Yes, that makes much more sense, thanks for clearing it up. :thumbup:

Chapter 3 Prelude: Who Else?!?

The Chequered Past continued to sail merrily along towards it's destination. The weather was nice, and things seemed to be going well.

40548861444_cb05841b35_z.jpgPirate hunt intermission by North White, on Flickr

26391257407_0e77798210_z.jpgPirate hunt intermission by North White, on Flickr

Tony strode up to Captain Angles with a saunter.

"Yo, it's 'kay that I told some friends to go pirate hunting too right?" said Tony.

"What? Why? No! We can handle this!" yelled Captain Angles.

"Yeah... but... dude, it's a pirate hunting party. Everybody loves parties, everybody is invited!" said Tony with a grin.

"It is absolutely not!" yelled Captain Angles.

26391257337_69393bfb52_z.jpgPirate hunt intermission by North White, on Flickr

"Anyways, my fellas are joining the party anyway. Told them that silly riddle. No idea where they'll go."

"Who did you even invite?!?" 

Meanwhile....

( @Drunknok will take it from here...)

The message was sent to the man called "Beardface", and he quickly summoned his team among the celebrations on Mesabi Landing:

1OHQlbD.jpg

"Guys and lady, it seems there is another party going on without us. As awesome as he is, even Tony can not handle that one alone. So he asked us for help, and has sent some kind of riddle:"

Sail quickly as natives may make your journey troubled so be ready to furl the sails on the double.   

Be cautious though my friend as the reefs will surely bring you to an end keep a keen eye out so as to not snag your keel.  

Don't be distracted by an sweet treats they will only lead you astray.

Take heed me boy for these words will guide the way. . .

Mary-Anne Faust was the first to speak up: "Sounds a lot like piraty gibberish, are we sure this is not some Sea Rat ploy to lure us into a trap somewhere?"

"Darling, even if that was the case, I am sure we could handle anything those bastards throw at us", Columbo Faust replied, "and I must say this sounds a lot like that archipelago south-east of Celestia."

"Shin huo ashi te muomi, hashi oi san?"

"Yen is right", Beardface said, "we should consult Captain Wilbern first and then come up with a plan."

uNRTCjY.jpg

The small group discussed the matter for a while longer. Decisions were to be made another day, apart from this one: they would go pirate hunting.

OOC: I will join this AMCRA with a second hunting party. Their characters and assets will be introduced over different builds over the next week.

After a short meeting with Captain Wilburn it was decided to not only take the WTC Drunken Dragon for this mission, but also aquire a second ship. Something smaller, but with some additional punch - so if any pirate tried to escape in difficult waters, they could still persue them. Captain WIlburn prepared his ship, and sent the rest of the team to get something appropriate.

So on to the WTC Shipyards!

IAuYQ5c.jpg

The group was greeted by a WTC Operator...

RA5z7DY.jpg

... who told them that a new gunboat had just been finished. Beardface claimed it for his mission, and after just a little bit of discussion - not at all including yelling, name-calling or threats to throw the other side into the harbour - it was decided that they could take it.

bTeVxGI.jpg

Chapter 3: Black Sand Beach

All 4 of the Team rowed slowly to the Island.

40430310035_fe44f77ef8_z.jpgBlack sand beach by North White, on Flickr

"Black Sand beaches. Copper. Tasty fruits. This has to be the island!" Said Captain Angles.

"Yo! This island is too Tony's liking. All the skeletons on the shore look inviting." Said Tony

39516728200_570cb4a5f6_z.jpgBlack sand beach by North White, on Flickr

On the shore, a pile of skeletons missing their heads lay, having fallen from a tree.

39516735640_244cd0f498_z.jpgBlack sand beach by North White, on Flickr

"Hard to get ahead in these trying times." Said Tony with a grin.

"Well, that's one of the Red Rascal's uniforms... They must have been here. We have an isle to search boys!" Said Captain Angles.

To Be Continued...

Captain Wilbern and his crew came together after the aquisition of another ship needed for their mission.

"And I tell you, that stupid riddle is all about..." Beardface shouted, but was swiftly interrupted by the Captain.

j99KZpF.jpg.IfwkD38.jpg

"Listen here, guys and gal. We are sailing to the Glimmering Archipelago. I believe it fits the riddles description perfectly. I will take the WTC Drunken Dragon with most of the equipment, and Mary-Anne will take the WTC Green Viper to support us with more firepower and troops. As we speak both ships are loaded already. Mackie has asked us to give a new invention a field test - and so it will happen. Now get up, we have pirates to hunt. And somebody get Chewy on board!"

And so they left Tuber Tavern, curiously watching Mackies experiment getting hauled to the ships. The small pier the ships were docked at was full of equipment still to be loaded. Most importantly: explosives. Because as everybody in the WTC knows: if explosives do not solve your problem, you are not using enough explosives!

XqE1e1Q.jpg

0Gw1YNz.jpg.Swt6GVv.jpg

nzLY08d.jpg.19jaHOs.jpg

So the second team sailed from Mesabi Landing. Two ships, one goal: the Glimmering Archipelago.

Qsf1zpA.jpg

Mary-Anne Faust had taken command of the smaller WTC Green Viper. The waters around the Glimmering Archipelago were treacherous, so her smaller boat approached the island first, finding a safe spot to land. They made landfall without problems, and started unloading. Soon the WTC Drunken Dragon would follow, so they could start exploring the island...

r7CywMt.jpg

hvbJe6C.jpg

======================================================================================

OOC: I am joining this WTC AMCRA.

I will add 10 troops and two ships (WTC Drunken Dragon, class 2; WTC Green Viper, class 1) to the Pirate Hunt. My team will search island #20 (the Glimmering Archipelago) this turn.

Dramatis personae:

Spoiler

OxPSJb1.jpg

Captain Titus Wilbern

Titus Wilbern is in charge of the other group sent to hunt pirates. A veteran of the Juniper Wars, Titus spent the war as a spy in New Oleon, where he met Kadeus Mordo. The two worked to resist Oleon, by blowing up fortifications and plantations. Then the war ended, and the two were considered terrorists, both were forced to flee to Tellvok. After years of going seperate ways, Mordo invited him to join the WTC, an offer he took and has not regretted. Captain Titus Wilbern commands the WTC Drunken Dragon.

Dvmh7C8.jpg

Strîbog, called „Beardface“

A former Oleon priest of Zeus, Strîbog lost his faith when despite all his prayers an entire village died from a strange disease. Cursing Zeus for his inability to save his pious followers and abandoning his former beliefs and loyalties, Strîbog ventured into the New World. Now a cynical antitheist, he felt right at home when he first came to Mesabi Landing. His hatred for Oleon and its teachings made him a close friend with Captain Wilbern, under whom he became a loyal man of the WTC.

uf1LnwA.jpg

Columbo Faust

Columbo was a soldier in the Mardian Army on the Isle Of Many Names, bringing swift and silent death to dozens of Eslandolan soldiers during the war. Then came the orders to set all the Mardian settlements on fire – an order shattering his previous loyalties. Confused and angry, Columbo fled into the jungle, enacting a one-man-war on Eslandola until he finally was forced to flee the island. After a series of adventures too long to tell here, Columbo ended up in Mesabi Landing. He is highly trained in jungle warfare, and relishes the feeling of a good kill.

w2Nbybv.jpg

Mary-Anne Faust

Sailing the Brick Seas for years under many flags, Mary-Anne is tough as nails. Joining the WTC for the money she stayed for love – Columbo being the one who stole her heart. Their daughter Mary-Lou is the pride of the Fausts, already a weapon expert and capable gunfighter (at the age of five!). Mary-Anne and Columbo both serve under Captain Wilbern, where they have made a name as excellent fighters and cutthroat traders.

BAn1eDH.jpg

Yen

An adventurer coming from the far away Gerlo Empire, not too much is known about Yen. He never talks about his previous life, and rarely talks at other times. His blades do the talking when necessary: Yen is an expert swordsman and adept in various martial arts. Why he chose to join the WTC is a mystery.

2RR01PL.jpg

Chewy

Chewy is a small cat that chews on everything. He is the team pet. He chews on everything!

@Mesabi will do the AMCRA licensing.

Edited by Drunknok